"Frozen" S&S Tour Discussion

Guest Danny86

Guest Danny86

The MadonnaTribe team has heard some more exclusive tidbits coming from the rehearsals of Madonna's Sticky and Sweet Tour 2009.

After hearing and reporting first that Holiday will be replacing Heartbeat and a rocky version of Dress You Up, played on a guitar riff calling to mind The Knack's song "My Sharona", will take the place of Bordeline in the Old School part of the show we heard that there's another surprising song change in the show.

This time the surprising news is that a dance version of the 1998 hit single Frozen is being rehearsed in the place of the "not so loved by fans" "Rock guitar version" of Hung Up!

Frozen, written by Madonna and Patrick Leonard has already been played twice live on Madonna tours: in 2001's Drowned World Tour and in 2004's re-Invention Tour.

:dramatic:

Guest Not4Pussies

awesome news

but it should replace ray of light

now there wont be any Confessions tracks on tour

Hmmm- HU on the guitar was sorta out of place in that segment, no? So, a dance mix of "Frozen" may fit better. Would be nice if these changed elements would appear on the DVD as bonus features, but you know that's too forward-thinking for M's people.

Guest Not4Pussies
Hope this is true,might even tempt me to see the show again just to hear this one :thumbsup:

and another thing

its too bad that Holiday, DYU and now this dance version of Frozen were not given the chance to be performed

else where on the first part of the tour

suxxx

Hmmm- HU on the guitar was sorta out of place in that segment, no? So, a dance mix of "Frozen" may fit better. Would be nice if these changed elements would appear on the DVD as bonus features, but you know that's too forward-thinking for M's people.

I agree with everything you posted. But I would like to further add, why not just convert the song back into the dance song it was, rather cutting it? I don't mind FROZEN, but there are plenty of other hits she can replace HUNG UP with that she hasn't performed in a long long time.

Guest Danny86

I'm not entirely sure HU is out. It just says that "Frozen" is performed as the next to last song now, but would be weird if there was nothing from COADF but she did 2 back-to-back songs from ROL at the end of the show. ROL was basically the CT performance lifted in, so would not be shocking if that got replaced.

HU is one of her biggest ever EU hits, I'm sure that many people who are seeing her for the first time are expecting that song, so would be a bad idea to leave it out altogether.

Guest Pud Whacker

very cool. i remember the new breed of fan complaining she has sung it too much after two tours. :rotfl:

great song. :thumbsup:

I don't mind the rock version of Hung Up, personally. The album version is a million times better but it wasn't terrible. If it wasn't getting good reviews they should've just put it in it's original version for the European leg, because i'm sure a lot of European fans are gonna be sad not to hear Hung Up in any form. Though it is great that Frozen is getting into the show. One of my favorites from Ray of Light. I agree with the other posters that if they were to replace a track, Frozen should replace Ray of Light.

Wow, that would be cool. I thought she'd keep "Hung Up" for the Swedes though.

I hope they include these new shows as bonuses on the DVD too. Of course, HolidayGuy is probably right about that being "too forward thinking."

She can't play Frozen in Belgium!

This song is banned all over that country; Frozen can't be played on radio and it can't be sold either.

If this info is true I smell another lawsuit by Acquaviva. :confused:

I agree with everything you posted. But I would like to further add, why not just convert the song back into the dance song it was, rather cutting it? I don't mind FROZEN, but there are plenty of other hits she can replace HUNG UP with that she hasn't performed in a long long time.

Like what would you suggest?

I'm not entirely sure HU is out. It just says that "Frozen" is performed as the next to last song now, but would be weird if there was nothing from COADF but she did 2 back-to-back songs from ROL at the end of the show. ROL was basically the CT performance lifted in, so would not be shocking if that got replaced.

HU is one of her biggest ever EU hits, I'm sure that many people who are seeing her for the first time are expecting that song, so would be a bad idea to leave it out altogether.

Yeah, but the S&S is bad. Most fans agree to that. I'm sure she can revive that song and perform it differently, if she can with LAP then I'm sure she can with this.

The more changes the better.

Amen.

Great! Dump "Hung Up". She completely ruined that song with her god awful 'rock' version.

I know the pretentiousness with the whole "ROCK" thing. Not my cup of tea. Maybe Jimmy's.

She can't play Frozen in Belgium!

This song is banned all over that country; Frozen can't be played on radio and it can't be sold either.

If this info is true I smell another lawsuit by Acquaviva. :confused:

Well, Id be damned. :confused:

I love Frozen, but I don't think she should take out Hung Up. I know a lot of people hate it, but I really enjoyed the rock version of Hung Up. But if it's the rock sound of it that's a problem, then she should just change it back to a dance song. Hung Up was huge in Europe and one of her biggest hits in recent years, so I don't think it would be a good idea to take it out completely.

I'd rather her replace one of the HC tracks with Frozen.