william orbit blog

seanster

Cook & Fuck is not Music related, its from the 1990's. Most likely around the time of the GST. She co-wrote it with one of the musicians that played with her during the SNL performances in 1993, and the Fever performance from Arsenio Hall. The name of the musician has slipped my mind. I think you can find this info in that 2008 Record Collector issue that featured Peter Magennis talking about rare and unreleased Madonna recordings.

Jealous of Mirwais

not to be taken out of context...

"Did I really say that I was ‘Jealous’? I never get jealous. But ‘envious’ maybe, And I only put it that way as a tribute to the man. I cannot sound the way he does even if I try and I truly appreciate that kind of musicality when it’s done as well as that! I would be interested to know what he is up to these days. Meanwhile, I’m very happy in my own sonic world, although still pushing away at the borders"

:thumbsup:

"Interesting the you mention a reworking of ‘Drowned World’. That could be very good, I was speculating on that just the other day. The original demos sound magical and golden. But I’d only do it as an exercise in musical possibilities for myself. M doesn’t look backwards readily and there are, naturally, Warner Bros considerations which are way above my head."

personally 'Drowned World' grows old very gracefully...a reworking? didn't think as co writer/co producer he'd need the ok from M and more worringly from WB?!

Guest bluejean

I'm not 100% on how it works, but I think Orbit would have been commissioned by Madonna and/or Warner which means she and/or they would own the masters to all the recordings. Orbit may have all the bits and pieces but it's not his property. Otherwise he could release all the unreleased stuff himself and make money off it.

I guess he can leak it on the internet though without any consequences.

Runaway Lover is properly underrated.

It's a wonderful track..doesn't sound nearly as dated as some of the bleeps on ROL.

It's like a polished 'Erotica' track :inlove:

^^

he is....'Fascinating Rhythm' by his project Bass-O-Matic (UK #9 1990) still one of my favourite singles of the 90's... :thumbsup:

Wonder if he did the same (for WB) with the ROL album. None of his Music tracks were singles (excluding APie), so that's why he'd just be commenting on those particular tracks.

In high school a friend of mine went to see Don McClean and told me that D.M. said something like "You may know this song by a popular blonde artist" before he did AP. I don't remember exactly what I was told he said, but it was along those lines. This was when the cover was recent.