MadonnaNation.com Forums
Queen Bitch

Is Susan Boyle the new Madonna?

Lol, Susan the next Madonna? That's like saying Barney the purple dinosaur is going to be the next top model or something. Doesn't make sense!

Lol, Susan the next Madonna? That's like saying Barney the purple dinosaur is going to be the next top model or something. Doesn't make sense!

That was the point.

Susan Boyle reveals album tracklisting

Thursday, October 8 2009, 11:32 BST

By Mayer Nissim, Entertainment Reporter

Susan Boyle has unveiled the tracklisting for her debut album.

I Dreamed A Dream from the Britain's Got Talent runner-up will be released in the UK on November 23 and will be available in the US from the following day.

Boyle said: "It was my greatest ambition to release an album and I have finally achieved it.

"This amazing journey has helped me find my own identity and fulfil my wish. There is happiness out there for everyone who dares to dream."

The album features 11 cover versions and one new song, 'Who I Was Born To Be', written especially for Boyle.

The full tracklisting is as follows:

'Wild Horses'

'I Dreamed A Dream'

'Cry Me A River'

'How Great Thou Art'

'You'll See'

'Daydream Believer'

'Up To The Mountain'

'Amazing Grace'

'Who I Was Born To Be'

'Proud'

'The End of The World'

'Silent Night'

Are most of those showtunes? That would explain why I don't recognize 3/4 of the songs. Any resemblance of an uptempo on there? And it'll be interesting to hear her do You'll See.

I don't think any female has made as big a worldwide impact in such a short space of time. Madonna owed it all to being at the forefront of the MTV age and Susan owes it all to youtube era.

Forget Lady GaGa - Susan is the natural successor to Madonna's throne disco.gif

Actually, Susan has had become a worldwide phenomenon quicker than Madonna. Madonna was already doing the music circuit on MTV, etc., but it wasn't until LIKE A VIRGIN when Madonna started to become a phenomenon.

I think Susan is incredibly talented. And yes, it's her looks which helped her gain the spotlight, but I doubt she'll have longevity. But I do wish her good luck. I also think her first album will do well. She deserves it. She is proof that you don't have to have this certain look or weight to be famous and be a phenomenal entertainer.

:rolleyes: Oh look, GetUnconcious in continual "gritty-and-raw" Susan Boyle slamming NONSHOCKER.

No, I just prefer the truth spoken. I don't hate Susan Boyle at all. Just the tragedy of such a horribly manifested, media fueled falseness. The womans career is not art or soul for her or anyone else. It is money for SyCo and his peers.

Oh for fuck's sake WHO THE FUCK CARES WHAT YOU THINK ABOUT ANYONE?

Her career is what she wants it to be, some of us like what she has to offer, and NO ONE is pretending that she's something that she isn't. You just can't accept the fact that there *are* people out there who do things differently and can still find success from it.

Pull the stick out of your ass and grow up.

Susan Boyle 'takes up boxing at gym'

Thursday, October 15 2009, 13:31 BST

By Alex Fletcher, Senior Entertainment Reporter

Susan Boyle has taken up boxing at the gym to help relieve stress, say reports.

According to The Sun, the Britain's Got Talent star has visited her local boxing club in Blackburn, West Lothian with friends.

"Susan has been pretty stressed out by the whole worldwide fame thing and needed something to get her head straight," said a source. "She was taken to a boxing gym and loved it. She put on the gloves and the boots and did some working out on a punch bag. She is a boxing but had never tried it before."

Boyle releases her debut album I Dreamed A Dream on November 23. It will include covers of 'Wild Horses', 'Proud', 'Silent Night' and 'Daydream Believer'.

I wonder if her album cover will pay homage to Hard Candy.

i do see the similarities between Madonna & Susan :

* they both are obese

* they both love to sing showtunes

* they both have a Uk accent

* they both ooze sexuality

* they both are strikingly beautiful in person

* they both have multi sold out worldwide tours under their belts.

* they both were born in iceland

* they both were once married to Sean Penn.

nuff said ? asian.gif

Guest SuperBriGuy

* they both are obese

nuff said ? asian.gif

Long-lost twins that were separated at birth! :vanitybonet:

'Phenomenal entertainer'? ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhahhahaha. People leap so far so fast, not thinking what is ahead :lmao:

I guess you were referring to what I posted. Too bad you didn't read what I actually posted. I did state that I don't believe she would have longevity. But her success so far (with no album) is quite phenomenal. How she got there doesn't matter because the fact is she does have a talented voice. Just because she doesn't have this trumped up superficial look you seem to have visioned for entertainers, makes her any less talented. Certainly, the attention she got was regarding how she looked, but it was also due to the fact an awesome voice was coming out what some people consider a homely body. It's unfortunate that it took this long for her to be successful.

Guest SuperBriGuy

So you don't think there are a shit load of people with voices as good or better than hers? She is famous because she is a random freak.

Let it go, love. Just let it go.

* they both are obese

nuff said ? asian.gif

They were both suicidal last year

So you don't think there are a shit load of people with voices as good or better than hers? She is famous because she is a random freak.

So says you. And quite ignorant and purposely spiteful, I would say. No doubt, there are many people who have just as good voices and even better. But you can't negate the fact she has a great voice. If she went on stage and sounded like shit, no one would still be talking about her. She'd be laughed off stage and quite possibly have a few rounds of laughs on the internet and then never heard of again. So it's not just because the way she looked. It's because she sounded great, meanwhile some people got fixated on the body which the voice was coming from. I also believe her confidence and attitude won people over too. She went up there to sing. And that's all that matters. She knew she had talent and she went for it where in a society (which you prove to be true) which is so superficial and fixated on how people look. You saw how everyone (including the judges) snickered and had this "uh-oh" look on their faces, thinking the worse, but as soon as she started singing, everyone was blown away. The voice is more than just mediocre. Certainly not the greatest, but pretty damn good.

Do you know how ugly some of my favourite musicians are? I don't care about looks (related to music). I care about HONESTY.

And what is so dishonest about Susan? It seems to me that she is quite bold and honest. From what I've seen and heard, she doesn't put up with the usual nonsense. Good for her.

For someone who claims they enjoy many "favorite musicians" who are "ugly", just proved again, it is about looks!! If you truly like someone's music, you wouldn't care crap about what they look like. But again, we live in this society where beauty is what gets people places not talent. What a shame!

Erm NO. It was quite obvious I was saying that I care about music because of the music. I don't dislike susan because she isn't beautiful, I dislike her because I don't like her work. She is famous for the media frenzy, not her work.

Without the "media frenzy" people wouldn't become famous. Do you really think Madonna wouldn't be where she is today without the "media frenzy"? That's how it works. Unfortunately, a lot of media frenzy, especially these days is negative. There are quite a many talented people out there who aren't famous. Why is that? Because they don't have the fortunate (or for some they may say "unfortunate") luck of media attention.

Most negative attention towards famous people is due to exaggerations and assumptions. Unfortunately, that gets more news than just being a great talent.

Erm NO. It was quite obvious I was saying that I care about music because of the music. I don't dislike susan because she isn't beautiful, I dislike her because I don't like her work. She is famous for the media frenzy, not her work.

My god you are such a repulsive piece of work.

YOU HAVEN'T EVEN FUCKING HEARD HER WORK YET, SHIT-FOR-BRAINS.

Kindly fuck off from this thread or I will be inclined to MAKE you fuck off, thanks.

What a load of shit. No one replaces anyone. Heck, why always the need for a second Madonna or Jackson?

And Susan boyle is probably one of the last people to come even close, she has a different style in music, attitude and image. She became famous because of a television show. There is no link with Madonna whatsoever, except that she's older than most people who are singing. But her music style is not exactly what Madonna has made the last ten years. They're nothing alike. You could aswell say that Susan Boyle is the new Britney Spears or Eminem.

Ok I'll leave this thread. But you just said it yourself, nobodys heard her work yet so she is indeed famous for her character.

WRONG! She is famous because her voice took the world by surprised through a television series and a youtube video that went viral. She proved to the world that looks mean nothing when you have talent. Unfortunately, people are quite superficial and tend to look at someone who looks homely and expects the worst. And that is was the case here. Most people didn't expect such a big and glorious voice would come from such a body.

As mentioned before, I am not saying she's the greatest singer, but damn I would be lying to say she doesn't have great talent. And you can bet her debut album will sell like hot cakes and most likely be #1 around the world. And that is due to her great voice and all the media attention she received because of it.

Does anyone know when there's a preview of her album? I wonder about her take on "You'll See".

Though I'm not into her kind of music whatsoever, I'm actually rooting for her; she's a sweet lady and I hope she'll succeed and find her place in the music business.

Guest ursaminorjim

One word. Eyebrows.

Susan Boyle IS the new Madonna after all.

(although that snippet of "You'll see" makes Celine fucking Dion sound like a paragon of restraint and taste...)

I want to hear the full version damnit. Not listening.

And yes, "You'll See" may well be Madonna's best ever vocal, certainly the most polished. And she has the right amount of vulnerability and pathos that no technically superior singer could match.

I demand that Su-Bo does a duet with my other favourite Scottish diva Queen Michelle McManus. :wow::sassy:

Boyle album breaks online pre-order record

Thursday, November 19 2009, 09:29 GMT

By David Balls, Music Reporter

Susan Boyle's upcoming debut album I Dreamed A Dream has achieved the largest global CD pre-orders in the history of Amazon.

The online entertainment store confirmed that the album, which is scheduled for release on November 23, has exceeded the previous record set by Japanese rock group Mr Children's Supermarket Fantasy in 2008.

"Just eight months ago, no-one was aware of the talents of Susan Boyle. Now, she has generated more Amazon pre-order CD sales globally than any other artist," Julian Monaghan said.

"That is an incredible achievement and is testament to the fact that she has captured the hearts of people all over Britain, America and the rest of the world."

Columbia Records Chairman Steve Barnett added: "One of the things that is so unique about Susan Boyle is her ability to touch people around the world. We're excited that I Dreamed A Dream holds the new record for global pre-orders and that Amazon's customers have supported her album in this way."

Japanese popstar Ken Hirai's 10th Anniversary Complete Single Collection, '95-'05 is the third most popular pre-order ever on the site.

Norah Jones album Not Too Late is in fourth position and Take That's 2008 greatest hits Never Forget: The Ultimate Collection is fifth most popular ever.