SIMPLY STUNNING.

acko

She lipped it, and it was a mediocre performance, lol. I was fucking gutted that this average performace was put on her DVD of music videos instead of Justify My Love. :lol: To each his own, I guess...

I'll have to disagree, because it WAS a stunning performance whether she mimed it or not. Anyone watching it can see it was so about the actual performance, not about her singing the song.

As for leaving it off the IC set... let's not forget that at the time "Justify My Love" WAS a video single. While she wasn't really the first artist to release a video single, she was credited for releasing the first one which also gain so much attention and sold very well. It was on the market at the same time IC was released. I'm sure it was quite intentional to keep it separate from the IC video collection for sale purposes.

Absolutely intentional for JML to be a standalone video release. To boot, TIC would have needed a Parental Advisory sticker if it were included. Recall that's why "Erotica" supposedly was left off The Video Collection.

i cant believe she did this performance twice!

and i just adore the mix they used for this performance

this performance, legendary and ICONIC!!!

Guest jordywind

dont really like vogue tbh!!! and this performance is crappy! i dnt fink i have eva seen madge perform vogue withit lip syncing! altho sticky and sweet sounds very live ! x

dont really like vogue tbh!!! and this performance is crappy! i dnt fink i have eva seen madge perform vogue withit lip syncing! altho sticky and sweet sounds very live ! x

r u for real? who cares if it's not live..the fact is it stopped people in their tracks..

lord knows this bytch ain't no Milli Vanilli... :fag:

Guest Pud Whacker
& while most of us were having spasms of fabulousness..

men of the other kind saw it with a different pair of eyes..

The 1st Gulf War.

fantastic on EVERY level.

Guest ditaluver

great pics! you can totally tell these were all from the 2nd performance. the background in entirely black and the lighting is awful but this performance is fucking flawless and fantastic!!!!!!!!!!

one of my all time favs!

Guest Pud Whacker
I love what that McKenna woman says...'Madonna, a repository for dreams..' :inlove:

oh yeah, shes a writer for the LA times, shes always on about madonna. :thumbsup:

great pics! you can totally tell these were all from the 2nd performance. the background in entirely black and the lighting is awful but this performance is fucking flawless and fantastic!!!!!!!!!!

one of my all time favs!

:shock::shock::shock:

I know I'm gonna sound like a non-Madonna fan but...there was a 2nd performance???

When and where was that?

:megamanson:

& while most of us were having spasms of fabulousness..

men of the other kind saw it with a different pair of eyes..

The 1st Gulf War.

One of my all time favourite Madonna documentaries; Madonna being on Omnibus was a big thing, it being an arts programme and all. As a fourteen year old faggot I was just beside myself with the unspeakable fabulousness of the hair, lips and "pussy rules the world". Sigh.

The VMA performance is is beyond amazing, it's a seminal perfect pop moment. I still expect one of them (probably Donna) to drop the fans each time I watch it.

mtvjpg.jpg

Absolutely intentional for JML to be a standalone video release. To boot, TIC would have needed a Parental Advisory sticker if it were included. Recall that's why "Erotica" supposedly was left off The Video Collection.

Yeah, but what's the explanation of "Deeper and Deeper" being left off??

Guest Danny86

I said it in another thread, Madonna most likely did not want to include it. Same for "The Power Of Good-Bye" - I think she hated how the director turned it into a L'Oreal commercial or something like that, I think the director said that in an interview, but in the end that video got included.

I said it in another thread, Madonna most likely did not want to include it. Same for "The Power Of Good-Bye" - I think she hated how the director turned it into a L'Oreal commercial or something like that, I think the director said that in an interview, but in the end that video got included.

"The Power of Good Bye" a Loreal commercial?? Sorry, but that video was clearly inspired by the 1946 Joan Crawford film “Humoresque” recreating the beach scenes where Joan Crawford roams the ocean shore and passes a man walking his dog.

Still don't see how that connects to my original question regarding "Deeper and Deeper"??

Guest Danny86
"The Power of Good Bye" a Loreal commercial?? Sorry, but that video was clearly inspired by the 1946 Joan Crawford film “Humoresque” recreating the beach scenes where Joan Crawford roams the ocean shore and passes a man walking his dog.

Still don't see how that connects to my original question regarding "Deeper and Deeper"??

Erm... I thought I was being clear, most likely Madonna did not want "Deeper And Deeper" to appear on a video collection.

I do know the inspiration for "TPOG" but Madonna was talking about her look in the video. Initially, it was NOT meant to appear on 93:99, but when "Erotica" was dropped, "TPOG", filled its spot.

Guest Disgusting Cat

Have no idea. She also left off True Blue from the IC, as well as Dear Jessie and Into The Groove (groove is just clips from desperately seeking susan though). Madge's DVDs are a cuntin' rip off. I bought the Immacualte Collection and 90s videography for 20 euro...together, the two DVDs had a mere 24 videos. I bought Britneys videography for like a tenner and it included ALL of her videos on one DVD, and had more videos than two of Madges DVDs put together.

wasnt there drama on the set of TPOG video???

That is the rumor. Well, actually, I don't know about ON the set. But Aviddiva (aka Dustin Robertson -- I think that's his name? -- who worked under Mondino and edited lots of Madonna's videos and tour videos from "Hollywood" to the bootleg "Nobody Knows Me" video) said that there were major feuds between Madonna and Matthew Roltson over the editing of the video. (He also said there was a power play between Madonna and Paul Hunter for the "Me Against the Music" video.)

*LOVE* the performance of "Vogue" -- perfect. (So cool to see/hear the military love for Madonna! Did you see their Blond Ambition poster up on the wall in the background? It was the still from the "Express Yourself" video.)

I was discussing this performance with a friend of mine the other day.

What is so amazing is the FAN TOSS. Even if she had done it perfectly without a

miss 100 times before during rehearsal ..there is still the chance that nerves could kick in and

she might fuck up and miss during the live show. BUT, in pure Madonna style, she does it

perfectly!

WHY PUT THAT PRESSURE ON YOURSELF WHEN THE PERFORMANCE WOULD BE JUST AS

STRONG WITHOUT THE TOSS ????? BCUZ SHE IS MADONNA.

THE ONE AND ONLY.

I was discussing this performance with a friend of mine the other day.

What is so amazing is the FAN TOSS. Even if she had done it perfectly without a

miss 100 times before during rehearsal ..there is still the chance that nerves could kick in and

she might fuck up and miss during the live show. BUT, in pure Madonna style, she does it

perfectly!

WHY PUT THAT PRESSURE ON YOURSELF WHEN THE PERFORMANCE WOULD BE JUST AS

STRONG WITHOUT THE TOSS ????? BCUZ SHE IS MADONNA.

THE ONE AND ONLY.