MERCY MERCY Me: Madge's Newly Adopted Daughter

TOUR2008

This is so awesome! I hope all the mean spirited, and judgemental "journalists" choke on their own spite. She fought hard for this little girl, and that alone should prove her interest and commitment, isn't some jaded pr stunt.

I'm glad that she was finally allowed to adopt. She fought till she won and i'm sure Mercy will have the best life possible.

Madonna’s Adoption Appeal Not Yet Approved

Madonna’s adoption lawyer in Malawi, Alan Chinula, tells Access Hollywood that online rumors of Malawi’s high court changing their tune and allowing Madonna to adopt a young girl named Mercy are, “not true at all.”

Chinula said that the judges in Malawi are not happy about this report out there on the Web. Specifically he said that, “The Chief Justice is not very amused,” and that, “We’re very unhappy about it.”

Chinula’s colleagues are having a meeting with the Chief Justice later today to explain that it is a misunderstanding and nothing more than a rumor circulating in the press.

Chinula also says they are anxiously waiting for the courts to deliver the judgment, and that it could be any day. He told Access he checks in with the court clerk every day to find out if they have made a decision on the adoption.

He added that he has not spoken to Madonna about this latest report yet.

Chinula is very dismayed at this false report. He goes on to say that his staff are professionals and that they would never tell the press something like this before a decision had come down.

Chinula also handled Madonna’s first adoption with David Banda, now 3.

Copyright 2009 by NBC Universal, Inc. All rights reserved.

the adoption is now been approved according to sky news

Yep. She got her Mercy.

AF APNewsAlert

9 minutes ago

BLANTYRE, Malawi (AP) — (AP) — Malawi's highest court allows Madonna's second adoption from the country.

Malawi Court Allows Madonna To Adopt Again

The country's Supreme Court of Appeal said a lower court failed to take modern realities into account when it rejected the pop star's application to adopt Mercy James.

Her commitment to the welfare of disadvantaged children should also have been recognised, Chief Justice Lovemore Munlo said.

:clap:

Guest Danny86

Yay!!!! :clap:

Now, where are the "fans" who were praising the first judge for showing Madonna that there's only one law? :rotfl:

Guest Danny86

BLANTYRE, Malawi – Madonna can adopt a second child from Malawi, the southern African country's highest court ruled Friday, overturning a lower court decision it said was out of touch with the times.

Chief Justice Lovemore Munlo also said the singer's commitment to helping disadvantaged children should have been taken into account when deciding on Madonna's request to adopt 3-year-old Chifundo "Mercy" James.

Madonna has founded a charity, Raising Malawi, which helps feed, educate and provide medical care for some of Malawi's more than 1 million orphans, half of whom have lost a parent to AIDS.

Children's welfare groups had expressed concern that rules meant to protect children were being bent because of Madonna's celebrity, and perhaps out of gratitude for what she has done for Malawi, one of the world's poorest and most AIDS-ravaged countries.

Madonna had appealed after a lower court ruled she could not adopt the girl because the singer had not spent enough time in Malawi. The lower court said residency rules had been bent when Madonna adopted her son David from Malawi last year.

The appeals court said that was a narrow interpretation based on old laws, and that it is possible in today's globalized world to be resident in more than one place at a time.

:thumbsup:

Malawi court allows Madonna to adopt second child

Fri Jun 12, 2009 5:03am EDT Email | Print | Share| Reprints | Single Page[-] Text [+]

1 of 1Full SizeBLANTYRE (Reuters) - Malawi's Supreme Court on Friday overturned a lower court and allowed U.S. pop star Madonna to adopt a second child from the country.

Chief Justice Lovemore Munlo said Madonna had shown an interest in helping Malawi orphans and that 4-year-old Mercy James would have a better life with the star. He said a lower court had erred in turning down the adoption request because Madonna was not resident in Malawi.

:thumbsup:

I am most happy for Madonna. I hope Mercy has a great life now.

Best quote from the ruling by the judges:

"Every child has the right to love."

Now, where are the "fans" who were praising the first judge for showing Madonna that there's only one law? :rotfl:

:) yeah,they should feel really silly now.

What a great day!

I will never understand all the hate comments on British tabloids (Dailymail & Co)

It's always the same: Saint Angelina and Devil Madonna. :manson: