PINK: I'm probably more of a singer than MADONNA'll ever be but she's a sexual force

TOUR2008

Guest Coked Up Baby Boy
I would never ever put Pink's voice in the same league as Mariah, Whitney or Aretha. She is not on par with them IMO.

Eh? i'm not talking about Mariah and Whitney. I'm not talking about "screamers", i'm talking about strong good voices. DIVA voices are another league, it's not the style of singing i'm referring too.

It's Madonna and Pink, Pinks range is wider and her voice is stronger when compared to Madonna. But obviously Madonna has her good vocal talents too.

Guest jamesshot
Pink is the technically better vocalist which is what I and several others were getting at. There's no need to be uber-defensive just because of that, one can still PREFER Madonna's voice, that is entirely subjective... but Pink has the bigger range and more voluminous and rich voice and I'm surprised that after the vocals on the past album/tour people are bothering to defend Madonna because another singer said she was the better vocalist of the two.

I suppose this is where some loon runs to YouTube to post a nearly 20 year old performance of Madge performing "Sooner or Later", or has someone already done that?

Like others have already touched upon, out of all the pop stars that are currently successful, Pink is probably the most genuine act and writes all her music which isn't disposable flavor of the week material.

That is not all everyone is saying. Many people in this thread have actually said Madonna is a shit singer, horrible voice, can't sing blah blah blah. And why would you want to bring up Madonna's most recent vocals and not include her earlier vocals? We are, after all, discussing someone's God given vocal abilities, who was born with what. Madonna has had far worse moments than the SST and far better. What is the point in only bringing up SST and not anything earlier? And I love how the word "loon" is thrown around in an attempt to negate someone's opinions. Transparent to the nth degree.

If some of you ( not all of you though) feel Madonna is such a shit singer, why even become a fan? Some of you have such disdain for her voice it is amusing and perplexing.

Again, Pink has a very good voice. But she is no Mariah, Whitney or Aretha. She is not in their league. Neither is Madonna. It is apples and oranges. But lets not even pretend Pink is in the big voiced diva league. She ain't.

Again, Pink has a very good voice. But she is no Mariah, Whitney or Aretha. She is not in their league. Neither is Madonna. It is apples and oranges. But lets not even pretend Pink is in the big voiced diva league. She ain't.

Aren't you the one who made that comparison in the first place?

I would never say Madonna is a horrible vocalist, but it's laughable that anyone would think she's a better live singer than Pink. I think even Madonna would agree Pink is the better vocalist.

Guest Coked Up Baby Boy

That's what i thought also?

I'm not putting Pink in that league. This was about Pink and Madonna :dazed:

Guest jamesshot

I would never say Madonna is a horrible vocalist, but it's laughable that anyone would think she's a better live singer than Pink. I think even Madonna would agree Pink is the better vocalist.

Oh some have alluded that Pink is that good. I just named names is all.

I do not know enough about Pink, or her live performances, to say whether she is better live than Madonna. I would have to watch hours and hours of concert footage, as I have of Madonna over the years, to accurately judge that. I would need to see whole concerts of Pink, compare the same songs over different cities and so on. I have no desire to do that.

The point Surranee( I think) was trying to make regarding Adam Lambert and comparing his obvious vocal talents to those of say Sinatra and Lambert could blow Sinatra out of the water vocally but is Lambert therefore a better vocalist than Sinatra??????? He definately has a wider range, stronger voice.

Agreed. I don't get why M fans completely dismiss the talents of other female acts. Like somehow nobody else is capable of being a better song writer or singer than Madonna. People need to get a fucking grip.

ur right

cuz like the brit brit loons

and the mimi lambs

are like so sane

they dismiss nobody

Well we're not talking about who has better music - vocal talent CAN be measured. It's just like being a better athlete. Do they have a significant range? Can they control their pitch? How long can they hold a note? How long can they hold their highest note? Lowest note? How far can they project? All those thing measure vocal SKILL. Preference is something that is up to the listener. In this way, Adam Lambert may beat out a great like Frank Sinatra. But who has the voice people are going to most gravitate to? Frank. He may beat Trent Reznor. But I prefer Trent. Mariah Carey can beat out Fiona Apple. But who do I prefer? Fiona.

Same thing with Pink. She may beat out Madonna in a few (if not all areas). But whose voice do you prefer? That's up to you. AND THAT'S ALL ITS GON BE ABOUT.

ur right

and the mimi lambs

are like so sane

they dismiss nobody

Coco, get off his jock already. He hasn't said anything about Britney in this thread (or at all lately) so there's no need to provoke anyone. Thanks.

Guest harbors

Pink’s voice may be louder than Madge’s but is not necessarily better. I don’t think Pink can sing Dont Cry for Me, You Must Love Me, Live to Tell as good as Madonna. You see what I meant? Madonna’s voice is more versatile and pleasant to the ear than Pink’s.

Oh, my bad. Sorry! Too much text at once - I'm totally used to Twitter right now, you see. :doofus:

(However, the "bigger is better" thing is followed by the majority of people. anyway.)

God, you're such a dick.

Guest jamesshot
Pink’s voice may be louder than Madge’s but is not necessarily better. I don’t think Pink can sing Dont Cry for Me, You Must Love Me, Live to Tell as good as Madonna. You see what I meant? Madonna’s voice is more versatile and pleasant to the ear than Pink’s.

And most people cannot distinguish b/w someone who is basically screaming or yelling a song to make their voice "bigger" and someone who actually is singing. So many singers yell to make their voice bigger. It also helps greatly with staying on key and pitch and all those things. Most of us can sound pretty decent when we yell a song. I have a shit voice but when I yell, I sound clear, loud, on key and strong. When I actually try to sing, I sound terrible.

Guest Coked Up Baby Boy
ur right

and the mimi lambs

are like so sane

they dismiss nobody

What the hell are you on about? give a rest already. Find someone else to troll.

Coco, get off his jock already. He hasn't said anything about Britney in this thread (or at all lately) so there's no need to provoke anyone. Thanks.

i'm not a britney hater

in fact i love her and i post at breatheheavy.com

this is about the 'm fans are loons' statement he continuously repeats

Guest Coked Up Baby Boy

Are you mentally retarded?

You seem to only ever pop up when i say something, get a life you dumb ass mess of a faggot.

Are you mentally retarded?

You seem to only ever pop up when i say something, get a life you dumb ass mess of a faggot.

i dnt have 20000 posts crticizing loons

and i don't discuss everyone but madonna in a madonna board

so if u wanna talk about getting a life and what's retarded.... :dazed:

Guest Coked Up Baby Boy

I'm not sure what part of your brain is missing, but i discuss Madonna a lot around here. This forum does have some truly stupid people in it, you being one of them. If my posts bother you so much, then put me on ignore or just get the fuck over it, idiot.

I'm not sure what part of your brain is missing, but i discuss Madonna a lot around here. This forum does have some truly stupid people in it, you being one of them. If my posts bother you so much, then put me on ignore or just get the fuck over it, idiot.

no u don't..and to be honest u actually amuse me

i enjoy responding to ur stupid non sense

go ahead and put me on ignore cuz obviously u need that

i dnt want to cause u a mental breakdown

or better yet

maybe it's time for u to move to a more comfy forum

a place where u dnt have to deal with stupid pple

like a brit forum perhaps? just a thought

Guest Coked Up Baby Boy

I actually suggested YOU put ME on ignore, but since you can't read i figured i'd remind you.

And of course i amuse you, you follow me all over this place. You should be glad i'm here, you wouldn't have anything else to do if i wasn't around.

coco, more like nono.

You're a tosser. Carry on with your obsessed rambling to me.

Guest jamesshot
Pink is the technically better vocalist which is what I and several others were getting at. There's no need to be uber-defensive just because of that, one can still PREFER Madonna's voice, that is entirely subjective... but Pink has the bigger range and more voluminous and rich voice and I'm surprised that after the vocals on the past album/tour people are bothering to defend Madonna because another singer said she was the better vocalist of the two.

I suppose this is where some loon runs to YouTube to post a nearly 20 year old performance of Madge performing "Sooner or Later", or has someone already done that?

Like others have already touched upon, out of all the pop stars that are currently successful, Pink is probably the most genuine act and writes all her music which isn't disposable flavor of the week material.

And actually that would be a more accurate comparison since Sooner or Later came about 8-9 years into Madonna's career and we are about that long into Pink's. When Pink hits 50 years old and tours then we can compare her voice then to M's now.

i was at a club last night... and who happened to turn up? PINK! i was 1 metre away from her as she got swept in with a line of bouncers and security. i could have jumped her but then probably would have had my face smashed in.

haha and of course it was LESBIAN night at the club - go figure. the lezzos were all going nuts and wet in their panties.

+1

Edited by tricky28

Guest harbors
i was at a club last night... and who happened to turn up? PINK! i was 1 metre away from her as she got swept in with a line of bouncers and security. i could have jumped her but then probably would have had my face smashed in.

haha and of course it was LESBIAN night at the club - go figure. the lezzos were all going nuts and wet in their panties.

+1

pls! she's NOT that good looking.

I actually suggested YOU put ME on ignore, but since you can't read i figured i'd remind you.

And of course i amuse you, you follow me all over this place. You should be glad i'm here, you wouldn't have anything else to do if i wasn't around.

coco, more like nono.

You're a tosser. Carry on with your obsessed rambling to me.

he does the same thing to me , always trashes my threads since we fighted over the Israeli/Palestinian conflict in the politics forum .ignore him.

he does the same thing to me , always trashes my threads since we fighted over the Israeli/Palestinian conflict in the politics forum .ignore him.

aw poor victim u

wasn't that over a year ago?

:lol:

aw poor victim u

wasn't that over a year ago?

:lol:

since January you trace my threads and post crap .. stop pretending like you're always right ..WEIRDO

And most people cannot distinguish b/w someone who is basically screaming or yelling a song to make their voice "bigger" and someone who actually is singing. So many singers yell to make their voice bigger. It also helps greatly with staying on key and pitch and all those things. Most of us can sound pretty decent when we yell a song. I have a shit voice but when I yell, I sound clear, loud, on key and strong. When I actually try to sing, I sound terrible.

So one has better vocals and control when they're screaming? Are you making this shit up as you go along?

since January you trace my threads and post crap .. stop pretending like you're always right ..

dear lord

again, ur pushing the victim card + lying right thru ur teeth

since the gazza discussion there were 2 threads by u that i responded in

both were about arab singers and both posted in this madonna section

now if there are more of ur threads i trashed - i demand u post the links

use the following link to look them up:

http://www.google.com/search?q=coco+spazz+...donnanation.com

:thumbsup: