I've heard a lot of Madonna fans say they're over her

Guest Madlover033003

Guest Coked Up Baby Boy

Pud, you know your Aussie references. Come down under my hole and have some pineapple hamburgers.

Guest Pud Whacker
Pud, you know your Aussie references. Come down under my hole and have some pineapple hamburgers.

with beet root and egg!!! :thumbsup:

Guest Pud Whacker
Domino's Pizza in Australia has the AUSSIE EGG PIZZA :lmao:

ewww!!! have you had it> how is it?

Guest bluejean

I wouldn't say this album is half arsed at all. She went out of her way to make an album that had mainstream public appeal. The result was hugely a return to her roots and a good solid album. Not her best, but not her worst either. Take a look at a recent Janet album and feel greatful.

As for promotion, obviously there is no value in promoting a product like that heavily since (as everyone constantly has to point out) the money is in touring. And also, the woman was in the middle of a break up and subsequent divorce and still managed to tour extensively in best spirit and without cracking.

She is putting more energy into touring as opposed to the music videos, promotional stints and lame movies of yesteryear. Her fans should be pleased about that, there was a time when they were whinging she doesn't tour enough. For a mother of 3 Madonna is everything *but* half arsed.

Guest Danny86
She is putting more energy into touring as opposed to the music videos, promotional stints and lame movies of yesteryear. Her fans should be pleased about that, there was a time when they were whinging she doesn't tour enough. For a mother of 3 Madonna is everything *but* half arsed.

Well said!!!

I always found it weird how some fans insisted Madonna's heart was in the music years ago, when her main goal was to become an acclaimed actress and all her soundtrack songs were tools to achieve that. Now that she writes music to be especially performed on tour, I don't see how anyone can say she's not into it anymore, only because she does songs that don't match their tastes.

Hard Candy is not a bad album. Not her worst, but quite enjoyable. The same goes with the tour, by no means it is a bad tour (anyone would kill to have this kind of show) but compared to previous tours, it is not her best.

I think people are not over her, they are simply deceived. If the following album is good, all will forgive her. As simple as that.

Guest Danny86
I love how people keep saying 'not her worst album' What IS her worst then? Because from where I'm sitting even Something To Remember and I'm Breathless piss over Hard Candy from a stratospheric height.

Maybe because that's something subjective? Also, I wasn't aware of people should be listing their favs and least favs when making a statement like that. Anyway, to me her worst albums are Like A Virgin & Erotica.

Maybe because that's something subjective? Also, I wasn't aware of people should be listing their favs and least favs when making a statement like that. Anyway, to me her worst albums are Like A Virgin & Erotica.

Exactly! Personally I think that Madonna, Like a Virgin and True Blue are her worst albums. Each of them have 4-6 stellar songs (mostly the singles), but the rest are bland and quite generic. After Like a prayer, she became an album artist instead of a single artist and that is why I prefer her later work. It's obvious that Hard Candy does not contain songs as good as "Live to tell" or "Like a Virgin", but I do not find myself skipping tracks as often as when I am listening these three albums.

Edited by MForever

Guest valhum

I cannot say that i am OVER her but i can say that I have no interest whatsoever about her latest things i.e. that Jesus thing, it's like WHO GIVES A FUCK YOU HAVE A BOYTOY. I only care about her music and that's it.

I dont give a fuck what fans think about her, as long as i stil like her and follow her, im happy

And i do, she hasnt done anything to disappoint me, for me Hard Candy was ACE, and all thisbollocks about her being a nasty person etc, and people notliking her..GET WITH THE SHOW, shes forever been a bitch...its why i love her

Forums are all about discussion and should not be a place where people who voice an opinion are shouted down - it's a place for reasoned discussion.

I can see why people could feel fed up with some of the HC era but I think last year was just a crap year for her personally whilst she was heavily touring. By the end, I imagine she just wanted to walk away for some down time.

Considering her total lack of involvement in GHV2, I'm really impressed with the enthusiasm she has shown for the forthcoming GH. I do feel like autumn will have her much more involved with projects after a difficult year.

As for her behaviour being forced or contrived, I think that is more about our awareness of how celebrity works; virtually every news piece I see now for anyone famous I just see as a piece of PR or some rubbish journalist just filling some space. I don't read celebrity stories anymore - I just come here for info on her music but I just don't care about her relationships etc.

Guest harbors

Madonna had her time, and its time for her to let go and let other, more beautiful and talented women take the spotlight. :tongue:

Madonna has low points and high points. During the low points I've never said "I'm over her" because there aren't other female pop entertainers that come close to being as good as Madonna. There are other female artists that I'm a big fan of that have different styles (Emmylou Harris, Shakira, Dolly Parton, Mercedes Sosa, Stevie Nicks), but when it comes to a "female pop star," the replacements would be Christina Aguilera or Britney Spears. They are the ones really trying to go down Madonna's route. Sure, I enjoy them, but none of them are even close to as good at Madonna. To sum it up, I've never said "I'm over her," because even at her worst, Madonna is still better than the other female pop stars.

:rotfl: @ Probed name dropping Shakis AGAIN. Yes love we all know you worship the rose petals her blessed bare feet walk on.

-------

with beet root and egg!!! :thumbsup:

I will bring the Vegemite!! :wow::shock:

:rotfl: @ Probed name dropping Shakis AGAIN. Yes love we all know you worship the rose petals her blessed bare feet walk on.

I didn't name drop and I don't worship her at all. I don't worship anyone, you like others here have a warped idea of how I like her. I mentioned that there where artists with different style that I liked because I felt Madonna was by far the best "female pop star." The younger artists that would resemble Madonna's style the most would be Christina & Britney. Since Shakira & Madonna have very different styles and voices, they don't compete with each other. Other females I mentioned where Emmylou Harris, Dolly Parton, Mercedes Sosa and Stevie Nicks.

Guest Not4Pussies

im not over her. i dont think i could ever unless she really disappoints with something crazy

but right now nothing is interesting about her

Guest Johnkm

The mere thought of being 'over' her :dramatic:

I dont think even if she made something totally awful, despite protestations, that I could not listen to it.

I mean I do go through phases of listening to her more than at other times, but not a day goes by I dont listen to at least a few of her songs, nor has it for over 3 years now.

Guest ursaminorjim

I'll always love her music. But I've had to pretty much seperate myself from everything apart from it.

You hate Erotica!!

Guest Madlover033003

i mean, do we love her for what she is now or what she has already done? Shes done a lot of great and iconic things, i cant think of one iconic or jaw dropping thing shes done since like, 2003.