Official MILES AWAY video

Guest ursaminorjim

Well, it's difficult for me to respond to a lot of your posts when they're not grounded in any kind of real logical flow-through. There's lots of random attacks peppering at me that are so far out of left field...I tend to ignore them.

If you'd like, I can go back and answer your post point by point, but a lot of it has little to do with the topic at hand. Or we can just let it be and you can keep your complexes raging, baby.

It was interesting what was being said about albums - I've just looked at Hard Candy on iTunes for the UK as it stands now. GI2M was by far the most popular song, then 4M trailing way behind, then Miles Away and other songs selling pretty much equally in much lower quantities.

The concept of the album is so engrained in the older fans that they seem to have missed how the market has shifted since iTunes have made it possible to buy any track without wasting money on fillers. Young people don't need to buy any other than the song they like. I think the album concept will die away and a more production line of singles will take their place. People make their own playlists.

If the money is in touring, it's more important for a new artist to present a range of songs to perform. Artists like Madonna having a vast back catalogue on which to draw and can just add one or two songs for each tour.

Guest ursaminorjim
Now, if what I said was off topic, then so is your constant calling Madonna lazy, poor artist blah blah blah. Its a valid response to your claim that she is basically just in it for the money.

Where am I constantly calling her lazy and a poor artist? How am I "always pining at (sic) how Madonna isn't doing anything new or how she needs to do more?" Or are you just conveniently overlooking all the positive things I say about her work in order to support your thesis?

I also like how you can pigeonhole me into two options that are essentially unrelated, and both negative. And where your opinions are presented as unimpeachable fact, my opinions are worthless? Jesus, get a grip.

As for going off-topic, not once did I mention any form of comparison between Madonna and Kanye West in this thread. Nor would I. Nor have I stated she's only in it for the money. Hell, I'm one of the people who floated the crazy idea that she chose to work with Timba-Lake and Pharrell on Hard Candy because she - *gasp!* - actually respects their art!

If you don't like me because I don't care for Madonna as a person, or even hate some of her music - fine. But get your facts about me straight and learn not to be so presumptuous if you want to challenge me.

Wow, the energy in this thread is riddled with negativity all around.

I fear that the darkness is prominant.

Has khabbalah taught us nothing?

( & you too may possess the serenity & wisdom of Khabblah. Act now and

order your 8 piece set of audio Kaballah Teachings, read to you by the beloved

Kabbalah Rabbi Isaac. These insightful, prophetic readings can be yours for 10 easy

payments of $ 49.99 us.

Act now, and you will recieve a free 1 litre bottle of Kabbalah water, fortified with

positive evergy & a hint of organic garlic. dont delay, quantities limited!)

:rotfl:

Guest ursaminorjim
Don't like you? I don't know you.

Then I'd kindly request you refrain from ascribing motive to what I write. As I said - it's presumptuous, and usually incorrect.

Which is not to say that we can't all shoot the shit and ask each other questions about why we say what we say, challenge each other's opinions, or just generally hang and chat. But you have something of a vindictive streak towards me sometimes. And most often just because I'll voice an unflattering opinion of Madonna. I don't appreciate it, and I don't think it's necessary. I enjoy good-natured razzing, but there's no need to take my opinions about a pop star as a personal affront.

Then if all of the above is true maybe we will see less of the Madonna swipes from you?

Not necessarily, no. I'll write want I want to write about her, positive and negative. If that bothers you, sorry. But I'm not going to go out of my way to censor myself because what I want to say might irk someone.

oooh i checked in at the right time.....getting the full video now...thank you!!!!

Guest ursaminorjim
FULL 4 minute BEAT GOES ON VIDEO LEAKED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

That's the wrong link!

Guest Danny86

So that means either it's the video from last October/November somehow leaking out, or that they put together a new video from the South America (DVD) footage but Warner didn't approve it and they now pulled it back because they own "Miles Away" as a track.

is it on youtube im not wasting my time downloading it. i cant imagine its anywhere near as impressive as the dvd version which is fucking incredible with them crowd shots.

So that means either it's the video from last October/November somehow leaking out, or that they put together a new video from the South America (DVD) footage but Warner didn't approve it and they now pulled it back because they own "Miles Away" as a track.

Almost all of the shots of the audience are from the shows in Buenos Aires so it can't be from October/November.

Guest Danny86

^So all the comments about "why didn't they release it when the single was out" were way off. Proves that Warner didn't want to invest in the video, and I guess because of fan complaints, Guy Oseary produced this as an afterthought, and to promote the tour/DVD.

Oh, how I love "Miles Away"... one of her best songs ever.

:thumbsup: I agree, I've said this from the beginning, there is just "something" about it sonically. Her voice, the layers of the background vocals and the cool instrumentation, plus the bridge---what's not to love!?!

It's quite obvious this video was dissaproved 'cuz of her face..it's the ugliest she ever looked on video..

*File under : Example of why the Sticky DVD won't have any close ups. :fag:

Guest ursaminorjim

Who's directing the Sticky and Sweet DVD? Please let it not be Jonas Åkerlund. Please.

Who's directing the Sticky and Sweet DVD? Please let it not be Jonas Åkerlund. Please.

same guy that directed this video, and the GI2M video, and I Am Because We Are

Nathan Rissman

Guest Danny86
it's the ugliest she ever looked on video..

Nah, still miles better than in "Deeper And Deeper"... :demonic: