Madonna at 50

that was fantastic. thanks! ive never seen that b4. i saw the one where she went to the flat that she lived

at and the shared washroom, and pretended to wash her armpits in the sink.

VERY INTERESTING BIT @ 2:57

" I dont envision myself making pop records & music videos at 50 yrs old....."

Guest jamesshot

Being a pop star at 50 is no big deal. Our definitions of age and all that is rapidly changing. Plus, plenty of older acts have been successful well into their middle age. When a good song came on the radio when I was growing up and even into my teens I did not care how old the person was. At all. Never even entered my mind. If the music is good that is all I cared about.

Being a pop star at 50 is no big deal. Our definitions of age and all that is rapidly changing. Plus, plenty of older acts have been successful well into their middle age. When a good song came on the radio when I was growing up and even into my teens I did not care how old the person was. At all. Never even entered my mind. If the music is good that is all I cared about.

???

I totally agree with the exception that I don't think a lot of people "in the business who are pulling the strings" think the same way. And unfortunately, the general society do not all think that either. Women are victims of ageism more than men. "40" for the longest time was an age a lot of women in the entertainment business were pretty much written off. It's change some, yes, but our society is so fixated on youth, so a lot of people cannot wrap their head around a 50 or 60 year old woman releasing good pop/rock/dance records. It's just unheard of. And I think that is something Madonna was probably thinking at the time when she made those statements. And people change a lot within a short amount of time as well change their minds about things. I suspect Madonna didn't really think she would still be making pop records in 2008/09 if not before.

Guest Pud Whacker
that was fantastic. thanks! ive never seen that b4. i saw the one where she went to the flat that she lived

at and the shared washroom, and pretended to wash her armpits in the sink.

yeah, its hard to envision what the future actually holds. great interveiw - is the entire show up?

Yeah, but she also says later on in the clip that she wants to do movies and she's "Seguewaying" into that. Of course, we all know how that turned out.

What she ACTUALLY said was that she wouldn't be "running around in limos at 50". Don't make her repeat the lyrics of Give It To Me (or more to the point ask someone else what they are!):lmao:

For anyone not able to access the clip it's the one where she bare facedly denies saying saying exactly what she DID say and getting all arsey with John Norris over it who in turn gets all snippy with her. It's a little uncomfortable for both. Justin's a twat. And a stoned twat by the looks of it.

Touch-y. :rotfl:

One way or the other, like she really remembers what she said! :lol: What bothers me is that she punctuates a lame-ass, matter-of-fact reinterpretation of a response given ten years prior, mind, with a healthy heaping of snip directed towards one of the few interviewers to quote her correctly.

A simple "I don't recall saying that" would have sufficed.

What she ACTUALLY said was that she wouldn't be "running around in limos at 50". Don't make her repeat the lyrics of Give It To Me (or more to the point ask someone else what they are!) :lmao:

For anyone not able to access the clip it's the one where she bare facedly denies saying saying exactly what she DID say and getting all arsey with John Norris over it who in turn gets all snippy with her. It's a little uncomfortable for both. Justin's a twat. And a stoned twat by the looks of it.

MTV Shows

What a fucking swollen bitch. :electropop:

A simple "I changed my mind" was all she really needed to say. Instead she reverted to insufferable bitch, and made everyone uncomfortable. She looked great though...John Norris and his hair....not so much.

Wow. MEOW! I thought I watched this interview (in segments) when HC came out, but I did NOT recall this bit at the end. Yikes. She was overly harsh to him, which is a shame, because the interviews I've seen her do with John Norris have all been good. He treats her with respect and is thoughtful. (It almost seems like she was being dismissive because Justin was 'bored' with it. The whole dynamic of it I didn't like, now that I see it here. Like they're too cool to be bothered with answering these pesky questions.)

Hope they kissed and made up before it was all said and done. I know Kurt Loder doesn't do much anymore at MTV, but at least he and John Norris treated Madonna with respect, while still maintaining some journalistic integrity. (Kurt probably more so than John -- John readily admits he's a fan. I think it was the American Life promos that he was practically gushing about "Easy Ride" etc.)

Guest seancannon

I don't get the relevancy of him asking the question other than to make Madonna seem "old" or a jackass for doing what she's doing....unless John is jealous being her age but unlike Madonna, she's got more sex-appeal, stamina and CONTINUED success?

^ Well, the relevance is that, ten years prior, she said she couldn't imagine herself doing exactly what she was doing. (Performing pop music and making music videos.) So, naturally, he wants to know, "What changed? What's enabled you to find yourself doing what was previously unthinkable (to you)?"

It doesn't have to be an insult. It can be a cause of wonder and awe and respect.

In fairness to Madonna, when she said that to Rupert, she hadn't been on tour proper for five years (since The Girlie Show) and she was still a good three years away from touring again (with the Drowned World Tour). She was in the middle of her tour drought, and it took her time to regain her confidence and feel comfortable in that realm again. (Notice how little backstage footage we have from DWT.) Thank goodness she did get back into touring and that she still is rocking Madison Square Garden ten years later. But I think it's only natural John Norris might ask the question, "What changed your mind?"

What she ACTUALLY said was that she wouldn't be "running around in limos at 50". Don't make her repeat the lyrics of Give It To Me (or more to the point ask someone else what they are!):lmao:

<embed src="http://media.mtvnservices.com/mgid:uma:video:mtv.com:231247" width="512" height="319" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" flashVars="configParams=type%3Dnetwork%26vid%3D231247%26uri%3Dmgid%3Auma%3Avideo%3Amtv.com%3A231247%26startUri=mgid%3Auma%3Avideo%3Amtv.com%3A231247" allowFullScreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" base="."></embed><div style="margin:0;text-align:center;width:500px;font-family:Arial,sans-serif;font-size:12px;">MTV Shows</div>

i just dont think she wanted him to bring up the number 50. i think she had a fear of topics about relevance and age and about the producers she worked with would be brought up and discussed. plus, she just desperatly wanted to get out of there.

i never saw that ending bit before, was def awkward, its kind like M's last interview with John Norris

Guest Not4Pussies

for sure thatll be her last interview with norris

theres also another clip of john stating his point

by showing the actual clip of madonna saying that to rupert

dont ask me if i have it cuz i dont

but he is cool about it, at the end he wishes her a happy bday

madonna looked great in the pic

and she obviously remembered what he was talking about

notice how she looks down and starts fixing her dress

when he starts to mention it

it was definitely awkward

but madonna ended up looking like the fool for denying something she