New Madonna book: the 80s *looks grrreat*

Guest seancannon

from tribe

After the two successful books "Madonna On Stage" and "European Sticky & Sweet Tour Memories", Frédéric Gilloteau's new piece of work reviews in details the discography of the queen of pop.

"Madonna, the Eighties" is the first volume of a trilogy which will definitely cause a sensation. This new publication is indeed the first ever retrospective of the amazing variety of items released throughout the singer’s career.

With contributions from the major collectors around the world, this trilogy compiles over 2500 references, covering the entire career of the star, which makes it the first bio-discography.

The first volume, from 1980 to 1989, presents hundreds of products (vinyls, CDs, audio tapes, …), press cuttings, international charts and sales figures for singles and albums, promotional items and even some personal belongings of the star, all 100% official! The book also features dozens of rare or unpublished stage and studio photos, all full page, straight from the archives of the major photographs who have collaborated with Madonna, such as Herb Ritts, Steven Meisel, George Holz, Ian McKell, Helmut Werb, Kees Tabak …

This first book will soon become a must for any fan’s collection.

livre_eighties01.png

Technical details:

Dimensions : 30 cm x 30 cm (open: 60 cm x 60 cm)

Hard cover (2.5 mm)

Content: 216 pages on high quality glossy paper

Finish: Adhesive binding

Language: English / French

Date of release: 9 June 2009

Retail price: 40 Euro

PRE ORDER

http://www.editionsnemomedia.com/en_accuei...p;categ=accueil

More pix

http://www.editionsnemomedia.com/catalog/p...?products_id=43

It's great, But a little bit expensive. $ 40 Euros plus deliver of course. (And to think that Madonna never sees the money of these releases, does she?) I should make myself rich by releasing books of her.

Guest seancannon
It's great, But a little bit expensive. $ 40 Euros plus deliver of course. (And to think that Madonna never sees the money of these releases, does she?) I should make myself rich by releasing books of her.

The money she'd receive is what her expenses would amount to within a week. :vanitybonet:

Well, I was about to order, but the shipping cost was the same amount of the book. Of course, I was going to add the "On Stage" book as well, but still $56 additional US dollars for the book is quite expensive.

Guest seancannon
the cover looks so iconic

Oh yeah....in the UK, this was the orignal "Madonna" album cover...

Oh yeah....in the UK, this was the orignal "Madonna" album cover...

lol you NEED the book seancannon

It was LIKE the cover of the 1985 re-issue (Europe/Japan/Australia) of the 'Madonna' album titled 'The First Album'

600px-the_first_album.jpg