5 years ago today...RE-INVENTION!!!

Guest Danny86
she had done LP or ISS in place of MG- the exact same way- they wouyld have been as "pointless" as MG, wouldn't they? :) MG at least went along, somewhat, with AL and "Hollywood." BU seemed out of place in that segment.

But for those songs, that was their only chance to be performed live. Also, obviously "ISS" has the same theme as "AL" and "LP" has those "confusion"/"destruction" lyrics that are somewhat linked to the concept. "Material Girl" was completely random there, just like "Dress You Up" would have been, Madonna singing about "boys may come and boys may go" or "all your suits are custom made in London" is ridiculous in a segment that's supposedly based on the original "AL" video.

more like underrated :thumbsdown:

nah. that award goes to the DWT. Actually, no. DWT is her most misunderstood tour, underrated, yes.

But her most underrated tour is the WTG tour. Love it! :thumbsup: Infact, i think i'll popin my VHS copy right now!

Guest boytoyville

The first Madonna tour I ever saw. I loved it so much when I saw it in Chicago that I made a point to see it in Miami as well. The Beast Within into Vogue was a phenomenal opening and cemented my love for her forever. I also LOVE the rework of Holday they did for the closing. Sticky and Sweet is my fav but Re-Invention was the most inspiring.

Guest jamesshot

Loved it.

The Beast Within intro

Vogue

Nobody Knows Me

Burning Up

American Life

Mother & Father

Lament

Crazy For You

Papa Don't Preach( even though she didn't do the full song)

I truly enjoyed this show. It had elements of a straight forward concert but with her flair. Just great.

nah. that award goes to the DWT. Actually, no. DWT is her most misunderstood tour, underrated, yes.

But her most underrated tour is the WTG tour. Love it! :thumbsup: Infact, i think i'll popin my VHS copy right now!

I love them both

DWT is incredible :thumbsup:

Danny, I was perfectly fine without seeing her perform ISS or LP. :) In MG, she's singing about being a MG, superficial things- and that's what "Hollywood" alludes to, so those two tracks go together alright, thematically. ISS would have, as well, but again, hardly an M classic (same for LP).

Guest Pud Whacker

it was wonderful. her worst is still the best, imo. even imagine and hey you. theres always something i love about it even if its only fleeting. but this period (not just the tour) was VERY Kaballah laden and maybe its the documentary that tarnished my view of show but i still think its great and i would love to have a proper dvd so i could really have a good recollection of it.

Guest Pud Whacker
What show on the tour did she perform "Hey You"? ;)

:lol: she didnt. i was just using it as another example of "her worst" that i love. sorry. xo

Guest Danny86
Danny, I was perfectly fine without seeing her perform ISS or LP. :) In MG, she's singing about being a MG, superficial things- and that's what "Hollywood" alludes to, so those two tracks go together alright, thematically. ISS would have, as well, but again, hardly an M classic (same for LP).

Even though "MG" is a Madonna "classic", it doesn't mean it had to be resurrected for such rendition. Not that the last one (BAT) was not among the lowpoints either. It also doesn't mean it's a better song, but that's a matter of taste. :p

It's a coincidence that it fits with "Hollywood", because she first rehearsed "ISS" (as seen in the documentary) and then "DYU", while the rest of the show was unchanged in the last several weeks of rehearsals.

I wonder why this backdrop video has not yet leaked in full...

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eBzjvANuSFg&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param'>http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eBzjvANuSFg&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eBzjvANuSFg&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Is it a real video or fanmade with the docu track?

Guest Danny86

That is real, Dago Gonzales confirmed in an interview that the backdrop was based on Mondino's "Hollywood" video.

The audio is available in full though: