Madonna: Innocence Lost (1994)

IsaacHarris

Guest nothingfails0603

The lesbo manager was pretty much the only actor in this (besides Dean Stockwell whose only in two or three scenes anyways) that actually has done anything else, LOL.

I've been rewatching some of the best parts (like when she tells the Stevie Nicks lookalike to toss her hair, and when she gets the drummer she doesn't want in her band kicked out by announcing they slept together and does the Nikki Finn whistle and in comes the Stephen Bray guy immediately) on YouTube. They should've done a followup covering 1984-1996, figuring the birth of Lola and discovery of Kaballah would be a good cutoff point for a sequel. Imagine some of the campy shit they can do with Sean and Sandra.

The lesbo manager was pretty much the only actor in this (besides Dean Stockwell whose only in two or three scenes anyways) that actually has done anything else, LOL.

I've been rewatching some of the best parts (like when she tells the Stevie Nicks lookalike to toss her hair, and when she gets the drummer she doesn't want in her band kicked out by announcing they slept together and does the Nikki Finn whistle and in comes the Stephen Bray guy immediately) on YouTube. They should've done a followup covering 1984-1996, figuring the birth of Lola and discovery of Kaballah would be a good cutoff point for a sequel. Imagine some of the campy shit they can do with Sean and Sandra.

u seen this:

I actually remember this getting lots of press before the premiere. With stuff like how they wanted an upcomer actress for the role and how they casted who knows how many girls for it and so on. Terumy Matthews was the name of the girl who actually got the part, right?

Guest nothingfails0603

^ SNL actually spoofed the movie the week after it aired when Roseanne hosted and she played Rosie O'Donnell in it, LOL

Guest imalq

omg i wanna see this mess so bad!!!!

i found it on play.com months ago. its only 3,99€ there but decided not to buy it

Guest Pud Whacker
1992terumi.jpg

:scared: @ her stomach. and the bra under the merry widow and the rosaries and NONE of it was on the cover. :rotfl:

Guest nothingfails0603
omg i wanna see this mess so bad!!!!

i found it on play.com months ago. its only 3,99€ there but decided not to buy it

the whole fiasco is on YouTube

I was flipping through the channels the other day and managed to catch it just as it was starting on HBO. i remember watching it when it first aired on fox in 1994.

it's such a horrible movie... they skipped over so much, and her personality isnt even close to madonna's.

i thought it was kind of funny how they showed her trying to break into the music biz, and then all of a sudden she's performing "like a virgin" at the VMAs, like it suddenly happened overnight. weird...

• 3 weeks later...

I finally saw this shit ass movie :lmao: It was on the "True Movies" channel where they put all those crap TV movies, recorded it last year.

Shittastic or what?! You totally knew everything that was gonna happen, even the script had some old Madonna quotes. I was waiting for things to happen that they left out, like her squirting jam on a customer at the donut shop and her spray painting the poodles different colours.

Gotta love the renamed characters - who the FUCK is "Ruth Kovak" - presumably Pearl Lang. I liked Dan Gilroy and the fabulous Nina Van Horn playing that old dyke Camille Barbone.

I remember reading there was a line in it where one of Madonna's lovers said "you make love like a man!" :rotfl: but that must have been cut from the version I saw.

It was surprisingly watchable in a shit way. The actress looked quite a lot like her at times, especially the Emmy rehearsals. They portrayed her as a talentless one dimensional bimbo though, with little depth or personality.

Ah yes. I looked up the youtubes and, indeed, they cut the tame "sex scenes". :americanlife: Think it was shown early.

I think the most realistically Madonna-like moment was when she waltzed into Camille Barbone's office on rollerskates. I can totally imagine her doing that. Very Desperately Seeking Susan.

The specially created music for the film was fabulous in a crap way. I liked the Minnie Mouse on helium demo tape. :demonic: Funny how the "Everybody" she gave to Mark Kamins was house music, years ahead of the time. :chuckle: And you gotta love the Donna Summer pastiche she did in Paris "Strut Your Stuff" :rotfl: Did she ever perform there?

Obviously we know about her going to Paris, but I didn't know she did solo shows there. Thought it was as a background dancer to that Patrick "Born To Be Alive" Hernandez guy.

An excerpt of the legendary Konk video has long been up on youtube too, where she and Martin Burgoyne hog the camera. Didn't know that was as late as 1982, she has her Everybody hair.

Guest Eternal Flame

I totally forgot about this :D

It's so fabulously crap in such an enjoyable, overcooked way. I just thought it ended way too abruptly... I get that the film was about her journey to stardom but they could've at least gone up to "Vogue" or Blonde Ambition.

That actress also made a cameo in Dennis Rodman's authorized TV movie.

There's a clearly fabricated scene where "Dennis" and "Madonna" are breaking up in a garage (?) while paparazzi snap away. (Of course we've all seen the actual photos that this scene recreates. Not.)

She's wearing an oriental print gown --similar to the one Madonna wore for "Take A Bow" on the AMA's but in blue-- and has what appears to be a $10 mall haircut. :rotfl: