Holiday and Dress You Up and Everybody Are Back!

moe

Guest Danny86

I thought "not such a spectacular reinvention" was implying that it stays close to the album version, and didn't mean "crap reinvention"...

Guest Pud Whacker
If they reinvent a song they need to do it right! Just like Music inferno, Erotica from Confessions, La Isla lela palatupe ....but Hung up was not a good reinvention,in my opinion ..Borderline was fine but her voice was not great because the chords were too high ...

Pud ...I'll take Who's that girl in any version ...she could do a hip hop version of it and I will be happy! ;P

me too , alessandro. but that goes for about any original madonna song. :thumbsup:

i just remember how borderline was screamed for, finally delivered and now its in the rubbish bin. same goes for burning up from RIT. and so it goes...

Guest Danny86
i just remember how borderline was screamed for, finally delivered and now its in the rubbish bin. same goes for burning up from RIT. and so it goes...

:lol: "Dress You Up" is joining soon, and I guess "Open Your Heart" with the next tour. Along with "ITG", "LAP" and "Vogue" entering the "overperformed" list...

nothing tops the original versions

I agree, I never said it that way. I just think that if we heard the same versions tour after tour, we would be bitching about it harder.

me too , alessandro. but that goes for about any original madonna song. :thumbsup:

OH NO!!! Burning Up was fantastic during RIT!!! I still think that Borderline was great and I only think it was something about her voice during last summer ....sort of Blond Ambition effect ..

Guest Pud Whacker
OH NO!!! Burning Up was fantastic during RIT!!! I still think that Borderline was great and I only think it was something about her voice during last summer ....sort of Blond Ambition effect ..

I love all that i mentioned, too. im just saying the general forum madonna public. read through here, its based on that. :bruised:

With some songs, just the fact that she sings them again after so long is OK for some fans. I.e. with RIT- some didn't have grand stagings or anything, but it was great to see/hear them again.

RE "Borderline"- yeah, you could tell she was into singing it, definitely gave it her all. On some performances, she sounded ok, others not as much.

Guest Danny86

It's actually rare that she ends up being into an old hit that is not "LIB" or "Holiday". Must be the guitar thing, she did not even write "Borderline" but did it with more enthusiasm than "Vogue" or "ITG".

Borderline was screamed for I love it. It's such a sweet song, but on the guitar its awful. Burning Up was great on the guitar even though it was kinda pointless.