Holiday and Dress You Up and Everybody Are Back!

moe

Guest BytheBay
Sorry, but at Wembley at least HU was a MESS. People in the standing area were cringing that she was making such a fool of herself.

It was acutally embarrassing. It's all well and good reinventing songs but the majority of people would overwhelming prefer the original HU over that god awful rock version.

There is absoultely no need to reinvent HU. People love the song's bass line, the chorus, the melody, thats what gave her one of her biggest hits in years.

Take out the coreography and leotard but don't ruin the song. Which is exactly what she did. The orginal version played in all it glory would leave people wanting more which is exactly

how it should be in the last section of the show. Instead most people couldn't wait for the rock version to be over.

That's your opinion. I loved the rock version of HU and so did all the people around me. If she had done the same discofied version i would have been upset so i was glad she redid it.

that's good news for me at least. I am so happy Spanish Lesson doesn't go. I mean maybe it's not her best track ever but it's brilliance in the concert and anyway i love almost all latin influences in a song. And also happy for that mash up between Celebrate and Holiday. I will see her for the very first in concert and hear for the first time a new song live. Glad that Dress You Up will replace Borderline, it was the most obvious choice. Human Nature has to stay because of Britney. ;)

Well at least it's not another stardust mix of Holiday again. I just hope it's not another let down and be boring. Heartbeat did seem to be a buzz kill in a rather upbeat exciting section of the show so I'm happy it's gone. Human Nature could have easily went. I'm over HU as a rock version. I wish a few more Confessions tracks could have come back in place of ROL. :thumbsup:

Edited by pattitude

It's great to have Dress You Up back but a rock version means just her strumming her guitar. If it's anything like Borderline and Human Nature then it will be underwhelming.

I hope she doesn't try and reinvent Holiday again - they are just starting to sound like bad mash ups like Music.

It's great to have Dress You Up back but a rock version means just her strumming her guitar. If it's anything like Borderline and Human Nature then it will be underwhelming.

I hope she doesn't try and reinvent Holiday again - they are just starting to sound like bad mash ups like Music.

she is replacing borderline, so it just make sense its going to be a rock version and with her in the guitar, that should not be a surprise, its just a slightly updated tour, not a new one.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest jamesshot

I am all for DYU being added. It should have been peformed way before now. But she should have kept in Borderline and replaced Human Nature if she was going to replace a guitar song.

I'm not going. So it doesn't concern me but here is what I'll say to this.

Borderline was one of the highlights of the show for me and the fucked up Hung Up was so gross that she needs to stop performing that shit of a performance. I saw the show 3 times. I don't have a rich father who would pay my credit cards and leech on to follow her around in Europe.

I am so glad that its mostly the same show. I dont feel the urge to go anyway.

Guest boytoyville
Oh well that's true

I would have preferred it had stayed as a brilliant one-off performance at Live Earth, merely cause I'm fed up of La Isla

La Isla Bonita was a highlight for me and it was my sisters favorite performance in the show is well. I hope they don't change that part of the show.

La Isla Bonita was a highlight for me and it was my sisters favorite performance in the show is well. I hope they don't change that part of the show.

That's funny because my sister said the same thing! :)

I actually love the Sticky & Sweet version of "La Isla" and I am glad it is staying. It has such wonderful energy and Madonna actually looks like she's enjoying it.

Plus, it helps erase the shitty-ass Confessions Tour version which looked like a commercial for a low-budget travel agency. I can only hope she does a better re-invention of "Live To Tell" in the future so I can forget that horrible disco cross.

Plus, it helps erase the shitty-ass Confessions Tour version which looked like a commercial for a low-budget travel agency. I can only hope she does a better re-invention of "Live To Tell" in the future so I can forget that horrible disco cross.

:nocomment:

LTT was a highlight of TCT for me. Liked the stats on the background, and the usage of the cross was fitting for her vision. But, I understand why some wouldn't like it (usually happens with something M does, anyway).

I am a bit tired of LIB live, as well. My favorite performance of it this decade is DWT, hands-down.

LTT was a highlight of TCT for me. Liked the stats on the background, and the usage of the cross was fitting for her vision. But, I understand why some wouldn't like it (usually happens with something M does, anyway).

I am a bit tired of LIB live, as well. My favorite performance of it this decade is DWT, hands-down.

Personally I wasn't 2 fond of the Stuart arrangement..& u know the greatest part is the pause in the middle..

I hate how he took the 'tension' out..also her vocals were 2 prissy..I like my LTT full & throaty :chuckle:

Guest Danny86

News from MadonnaTribe:

The Sticky and Sweet tour is less than two weeks away and we've learned that everyone is working hard on the rehearsals.

A few weeks ago, MadonnaTribe.com exclusively and for the first time reported that "Holiday" and "Dress You Up" are going to be two of the new songs in the 2009 setlist. Today we have heard more related news.

As previously reported a rock version of "Dress You Up" replaces "Borderline". The new arrangement keeps elements sampled from the original version but it's played on a rock track that recalls a lot The Knack's classic song "My Sharona".

On the other hand, "Holiday" that replaces "Heartbeat", contains sampled elements of "Everybody" and the new song "Celebrate". We've been told that the song is not such a spectacular reinvention and it's being rehearsed at the moment with a vocoder effect on Madonna's voice.

News from MadonnaTribe:

The Sticky and Sweet tour is less than two weeks away and we've learned that everyone is working hard on the rehearsals.

A few weeks ago, MadonnaTribe.com exclusively and for the first time reported that "Holiday" and "Dress You Up" are going to be two of the new songs in the 2009 setlist. Today we have heard more related news.

As previously reported a rock version of "Dress You Up" replaces "Borderline". The new arrangement keeps elements sampled from the original version but it's played on a rock track that recalls a lot The Knack's classic song "My Sharona".

On the other hand, "Holiday" that replaces "Heartbeat", contains sampled elements of "Everybody" and the new song "Celebrate". We've been told that the song is not such a spectacular reinvention and it's being rehearsed at the moment with a vocoder effect on Madonna's voice.

Not suprising that people are saying that it's not a spectacular reinvention. Maybe it's time to stop the reinvention bull and get back to singing songs in their original arrangement. It's getting tired already.

Not suprising that people are saying that it's not a spectacular reinvention. Maybe it's time to stop the reinvention bull and get back to singing songs in their original arrangement. It's getting tired already.

I love reinvented versions, I think otherwise, we would've bored of hearing the same versions all the time.

I love reinvented versions, I think otherwise, we would've bored of hearing the same versions all the time.

nothing tops the original versions

Guest Pud Whacker
HG, she ruined it vocally. Don't lie.

i personally loved it and agree with holidayguy. but this is the problem when people want old songs. theyre never happy with them. they want it some other way. and that is what she means when she says songs are like tattoos. theyre of a time.

so all you whos that girl 'ers - it aint going to be like the whos that girl tour. and dress you up isnt going to be like the virgin tour. so really, using borderline as an example - be careful what you ask for.

Guest Pud Whacker
I don't see the problem with Borderline.Yes, the vocals sucked but the melody was there and it was just a little more faster than the origianl version and nothing more.I loved it.

i thought it was great. she FINALLY sang it. it was the first and ONLY time. the virgin tour version was one verse and the chorus and she skipped off...

Guest boytoyville

I am so sad I am not able to make the tour this summer as Holiday is back in the setlist! I did like Heartbeat a lot though and I am kind of sad it is gone I loved the Greenday-esque arrangment of Borderline so I will miss that too but Dress you up is fantastic so it's a fitting replacement. I wonder where the new song is going to go?

If they reinvent a song they need to do it right! Just like Music inferno, Erotica from Confessions, La Isla lela palatupe ....but Hung up was not a good reinvention,in my opinion ..Borderline was fine but her voice was not great because the chords were too high ...

Pud ...I'll take Who's that girl in any version ...she could do a hip hop version of it and I will be happy! ;P