Holiday and Dress You Up and Everybody Are Back!

moe

Guest Danny86
It's confirmed about SL is not on the Tracklist?

"Spanish Lesson" is staying, this Revolver_Mad has been posting nonsense all along, even on other forums too.

I saw the show in Chicago (2nd night) and I didn't think "Borderline" was bad at all - vocally or its new reinvention. Granted, it wasn't a huge stand-out during the night, but I thought her vocals were comparatively much worse on "Heartbeat" and "She's Not Me" (in many places).

As long as the DVD contains the entire original show line-up, I don't care what she cuts out this summer. I do hope the two new songs get to be in the DVD extras though. :)

As long as the DVD contains the entire original show line-up, I don't care what she cuts out this summer. I do hope the two new songs get to be in the DVD extras though. :)

Agreed -- 100%!

New Anna quote:

we're in for some surprises with this second leg. and not only with these 2 tracks that are actually getting an interesting makeover. so i doubt anyone would stay gloomy =] and she never meant to sing 'whos that girl' no idea how this rumor came about.

Lets hope one of the "surprises" includes the dropping that DREADFUL rock version of HU and reverting back to the FABULOUS disco version complete with the ABBA sample.

Lets hope one of the "surprises" includes the dropping that DREADFUL rock version of HU and reverting back to the FABULOUS disco version complete with the ABBA sample.

If only. It's more like she'll go EMO and turn the whole thing into a rock concert with Marilyn Manson stuck in a frigging lift.

Most probably! Complete with the " this is what my brain sounds like" part. YUCK!

Tell me about it! She'll get over it and do a complete 180 on the next tour. Just like with this one and Confessions.

I can't believe people are still complaning about this

I can't believe people are still complaning about this

Maybe because it was so AWFUL. She took a perfectly good song which reached no1 around the globe and ruined it with self indulgence.

Not one of her best moments. People want to hear HU in its original form.

Maybe because it was so AWFUL. She took a perfectly good song which reached no1 around the globe and ruined it with self indulgence.

:clap:

^^^ It's way worse than that. I'd welcome *any* version of HU given that it is an actual alternate version. The S&S version isn't. It doesn't have the balls to go full throttle, so to speak. It starts heavy metal but needs to get back to the ABBA sample for the refrain. *That* is the real lame part imho. It makes it sound cheesy and amateurish.

Yeah- when she does oldies on guitar, OK- but "Hung Up" was less than three years old when S&S commenced- no reason to "re-invent" it so soon. Unless she couldn't think of any other way to present it other than how she performed it in 2005-2006.

She needs to realise HU is PERFECT in its orginal form, there is absolutely no need to reinvent it. All the guitar playing ruined it. It just sounded like noise.

She is not nor will she ever be a rock star. While the odd guitar playing is tolerable please Madge put the banjo down in HU.

Your loyal fans want to throw their arms in the air and sing along to a FABULOUS Pop song. Afterall you are a pop star.

She needs to realise HU is PERFECT in its orginal form, there is absolutely no need to reinvent it.

You'd think she would do the original with ABBA's sample considering Sweden is on the schedule this summer. Oh well...

I had a problem with the rock version during her HC Promo Tour, but after seeing in live I think it works well. I can hardly complain about any track from S&S. Maybe ROL is the low point together with GITM as the finale.

Guest Danny86

Of course it's self indulgence, but when did Madonna ever make a survey among fans to find out which tracks are allowed to be reinvented and which aren't? The same way it was self indulgent when she cut out the explicit lyrics of "Erotica" on CT and turned the house/dance "Deeper And Deeper" into a jazz/cabaret track.

The sample is still there and if the sound is better handled in the venues, it will be heard properly. It's just that the leotard and the choreography are so linked to the original version that it had to be completely changed, otherwise it would have turned into another "Vogue" which was never really reinvented until 2008.

I agree with Matt, hearing it live it was far from the promo tour disaster and judging by reports and bootlegs, it did go down well in most places. And if she actually used the original, unchanged version, the same amount of people would complain, those who pointed out that "DTM" on RIT was a DWT rehash, "Frozen" was lazy and how "ROL" is tired by now. It's not possible to make everyone happy.

Of course it's self indulgence, but when did Madonna ever make a survey among fans to find out which tracks are allowed to be reinvented and which aren't? The same way it was self indulgent when she cut out the explicit lyrics of "Erotica" on CT and turned the house/dance "Deeper And Deeper" into a jazz/cabaret track.

The sample is still there and if the sound is better handled in the venues, it will be heard properly. It's just that the leotard and the choreography are so linked to the original version that it had to be completely changed, otherwise it would have turned into another "Vogue" which was never really reinvented until 2008.

I agree with Matt, hearing it live it was far from the promo tour disaster and judging by reports and bootlegs, it did go down well in most places. And if she actually used the original, unchanged version, the same amount of people would complain, those who pointed out that "DTM" on RIT was a DWT rehash, "Frozen" was lazy and how "ROL" is tired by now. It's not possible to make everyone happy.

Sorry, but at Wembley at least HU was a MESS. People in the standing area were cringing that she was making such a fool of herself.

It was acutally embarrassing. It's all well and good reinventing songs but the majority of people would overwhelming prefer the original HU over that god awful rock version.

There is absoultely no need to reinvent HU. People love the song's bass line, the chorus, the melody, thats what gave her one of her biggest hits in years.

Take out the coreography and leotard but don't ruin the song. Which is exactly what she did. The orginal version played in all it glory would leave people wanting more which is exactly

how it should be in the last section of the show. Instead most people couldn't wait for the rock version to be over.

That's not the point, the point is that you people keep complaning like if its some kind of new "mistake", its like if people would be still complaning about the fact that she did not do many hits in DWT or because they thought the opening for the girlie show was awful. get over it

^ I understand that endless second-guessing and complaining is pointless in most cases. Under normal circumstances, I'd agree with you. I think, though, that the discussion on the table is just speculating in which parts of her show she's going to make substitutions. So naturally, people are evaluating what they think worked, and what they thinked didn't work as well. For people to say they didn't care for the rock version of HU is fair enough. If people are still saying it after the second leg of the tour is over and we've had the DVD for a month, then I'd say it's time to let it go. For now? What's the harm in letting people say what they'd prefer she did/didn't replace?

^ I understand that endless second-guessing and complaining is pointless in most cases. Under normal circumstances, I'd agree with you. I think, though, that the discussion on the table is just speculating in which parts of her show she's going to make substitutions. So naturally, people are evaluating what they think worked, and what they thinked didn't work as well. For people to say they didn't care for the rock version of HU is fair enough. If people are still saying it after the second leg of the tour is over and we've had the DVD for a month, then I'd say it's time to let it go. For now? What's the harm in letting people say what they'd prefer she did/didn't replace?

Of course they can say what they want, im just preventing future dissapointments,we all know she is not going to change it. If she does, i will be more than happy, i do agree it kinda sucks, especially the brain part, (i like the pantera riff though) but i got over it, the rest of the show is awsome.

Guest Danny86

New info from Madonna Tribe!!!

Following today's report by Attitude magazine about the titles of new Madonna tracks, we have heard the buzz that there isn't actually a song titled "I'm Sorry" but that's just something Madonna says in the song that is at the moment called "Broken".

The other new song by Oakenfold has been correctly reported as being titled "Celebrate" but it is not a rework of the classic "Holiday".

It is indeed a new party song. But we heard that "Celebrate" and "Holiday" will be indeed mashed together along with "Everybody" in a brand new number of the Sticky And Sweet tour debuting in London on July 4th.

This medley is supposed to replace "Heartbeat" in the setlist while a Rock version of "Dress You Up", as previously reported here, is rehearsed as a replacement of "Bordeline" in the show.

That mashup seems to be a fantastic idea!!!

Oooh I always wanted her to debut a brand new song LIVE

Looks like this is the closest we'd get. Dare I say it, a bit like Kylie? She mashed unreleased outtakes into her hits on her last tour, so sorta similar.

Didn't the Vadge have trouble learning the chords of Dress You Up last time round on RIT, replacing it with Burning Up?

Guest Danny86

Yeah, I guess that's what Jamie King said, she couldn't learn it properly, but it was replaced by "Material Girl" in the end.

UGH im gonna miss Borderline and still see HUMAN NATURE ?

:rotfl:

Tragic indeed :nocomment:

I would have loved to saw her croak "Heartbeat" as well.

"Spanish Lesson" and "La Isla" need to do one. Bring back "Who's That Girl" and "Open Your Heart" I say.

:rotfl:

Tragic indeed :nocomment:

I would have loved to saw her croak "Heartbeat" as well.

"Spanish Lesson" and "La Isla" need to do one. Bring back "Who's That Girl" and "Open Your Heart" I say.

She's visiting Centra/Eastern Europe, so the gypsy song cannot go, they will go nuts!