New Madonna Song?

TOUR2008

If she's planning to perform the song during her summer tour, then June 30th makes sense - perhaps she'll release two singles from the GH....one in June and the other in October to coincide with the album release? That would make good marketing sense. Revolver would already be a smash (hopefully) by the time the album is out and the second single (one of her collaborations with Paul Oakenfold) would be even more promotion for the album. I guess it all depends on when the album is going to be released.

this is the best plan

A video with Jesus would be a PR MASTERSTROKE.

HELL YEAH...

but she may not do it because it may derail ker future adoption bids for she is no longer a lady of the manor

The Video, if there will be one, HAS TO BE RAUNCHY!

I want Scandal!!! I Need some outrageous, Shocking Madonna!

Lots of Gyrating and Lip Licking!!!

And Jesus covered in body oil.

Whilst it might be wonderful for die hard fans to hear a new single on the tour, we have to accept the fact that that is so not Madonna's thing.

Every now and again she suprises us, but I really don't think she is going to play Revolver or whatever the new song may be called before it's single release.

A - it will end up on youtube and file sharing sites, recorded from some crappy mobile phone, ruining the first-time-to-hear-it affect from official leaks/radio play etc.

B - Many people in the audience will not be expecting it and may not 'get' the song.

C - Madonna rarely mixes up her shows, they are planned with such precision from the out set that I simply can't imagine her doing something like this.

She will want the new single to pack a punch. Unless it is released before the new tour dates we won't hear it at the gigs due to the impact it will have on marketing the single and GH package. Madonna is a commercial beast and she will never let anything compromise that if she can help it. I often wondered why she didn't sing Spotlight on the WTG tour. Simple - she wasn't ready to. Spotlight was to have it's own (albeit short) stint in the sun when it suited her, just like all of her projects.

Whilst it might be wonderful for die hard fans to hear a new single on the tour, we have to accept the fact that that is so not Madonna's thing.

Every now and again she suprises us, but I really don't think she is going to play Revolver or whatever the new song may be called before it's single release.

A - it will end up on youtube and file sharing sites, recorded from some crappy mobile phone, ruining the first-time-to-hear-it affect from official leaks/radio play etc.

B - Many people in the audience will not be expecting it and may not 'get' the song.

C - Madonna rarely mixes up her shows, they are planned with such precision from the out set that I simply can't imagine her doing something like this.

She will want the new single to pack a punch. Unless it is released before the new tour dates we won't hear it at the gigs due to the impact it will have on marketing the single and GH package. Madonna is a commercial beast and she will never let anything compromise that if she can help it. I often wondered why she didn't sing Spotlight on the WTG tour. Simple - she wasn't ready to. Spotlight was to have it's own (albeit short) stint in the sun when it suited her, just like all of her projects.

Spotlight? It wasn't even released as a single except in Japan and on promo in a couple of countries and WTG tour was promoting the WTG album which had just been released which is why she sang three songs from it on her tour!

I take it you have missed the reports saying she is going to perform one new single and a classic on the next part of the tour which will replace two of the current tracks? She will have had six months to make the changes. I think she could manage that given that the full tour was organised in less time.

Spotlight? It wasn't even released as a single except in Japan and on promo in a couple of countries and WTG tour was promoting the WTG album which had just been released which is why she sang three songs from it on her tour!

I take it you have missed the reports saying she is going to perform one new single and a classic on the next part of the tour which will replace two of the current tracks? She will have had six months to make the changes. I think she could manage that given that the full tour was organised in less time.

Spotlight was ALWAYS intended to be a single. It didn't get released though because she was so shattered after the tour had finished she decided to take time out from music and do something else (Speed the Plow). She said WTG nearly destroyed her and that she would never do a large tour again! Either way she could have sung it, intended as single or not because it's a good song!

1. "Spotlight" was a True Blue reject that was just an add-on to You Can Dance rather than a song recorded especially for the album.

2. You Can Dance was released in November 1987; after the Who's That Girl Tour had already wrapped. It was not part and parcel of the tour nor the promo.

So I really don't understand why we're talking about that in this context. :confused:

She's going to sing Holiday and Dress You Up in this new leg, not the new song.

1. "Spotlight" was a True Blue reject that was just an add-on to You Can Dance rather than a song recorded especially for the album.

2. You Can Dance was released in November 1987; after the Who's That Girl Tour had already wrapped. It was not part and parcel of the tour nor the promo.

So I really don't understand why we're talking about that in this context. :confused:

Jesus.

Spotlight was a song, scheduled to be a single (or not) at the end of 1987 when YCD was going to be released.

WTG tour finished a few months before YCD came out.

She could have included it on the tour as promo and/or unexpected treat, but she didn't.

The ONLY point I am try to make is that just because she's got 'new' material to deliver doesn't mean that she will - it's not as if it's a predictable tactic of hers to use tours to get new songs heard!

Jesus.

Spotlight was a song, scheduled to be a single (or not) at the end of 1987 when YCD was going to be released.

She could have included it on the tour as promo and/or unexpected treat, but she didn't.

The ONLY point I am try to make is that just because she's got 'new' material to deliver doesn't mean that she will - it's not as if it's a predictable tactic of hers to use tours to get new songs heard!

Perhaps but even so the situation is not really comparable at all. She has gone specifically back into the studio to record songs for a GH that will be released soon and the new single will be in the charts while she is on the 2nd leg of a tour (for the first time in her career) which was supposed to promote an album that is already off the charts. Therefore it would be logical for her to include the new single on this tour. It's not a "Spotlight"/Who's That Girl Tour situation at all!

Perhaps but even so the situation is not really comparable at all. She has gone specifically back into the studio to record songs for a GH that will be released soon and the new single will be in the charts while she is on the 2nd leg of a tour (for the first time in her career) which was supposed to promote an album that is already off the charts. Therefore it would be logical for her to include the new single on this tour. It's not a "Spotlight"/Who's That Girl Tour situation at all!

:thumbsup:

I see how my comments might not make complete logic, but I hope you get the gist of what I was trying to get at. It is very unlike her to premier new stuff on tour but who knows. Maybe this tour extension (a first for her as you say) will result in another first :angel: .

Guest Danny86
Jesus.

Remember WTG the album came out a month AFTER she kicked off her tour, so that was actually proper promo of brand new stuff (3 songs in fact), so I'd call that an unexpected treat!

If I'm not wrong You Can Dance was held back for the holiday season, but its catalog number was issued before WTG's.

Remember WTG the album came out a month AFTER she kicked off her tour, so that was actually proper promo of brand new stuff (3 songs in fact), so I'd call that an unexpected treat!

If I'm not wrong You Can Dance was held back for the holiday season, but its catalog number was issued before WTG's.

Oh God... it's all so long ago now. Yes of course the WTG album got released after the tour started - I remember it now that you mention it :shy: . But LOL I still think Spotlight would have been good on the tour.

YCD was meant to be a Christmas 1986 release - hence its catalogue number - and from what was reported at the time (Sept 86) in the UK press she was recording songs for it then so I have never really believed that ETYBMH and S were TB rejects. But with TB and the singles still doing well YCD was held back. How I wish she'd do stuff like this nowadays. She was never out of the studio back then.

Guest Danny86
Oh God... it's all so long ago now. Yes of course the WTG album got released after the tour started - I remember it now that you mention it :shy: . But LOL I still think Spotlight would have been good on the tour.

YCD was meant to be a Christmas 1986 release - hence its catalogue number - and from what was reported at the time (Sept 86) in the UK press she was recording songs for it then so I have never really believed that ETYBMH and S were TB rejects. But with TB and the singles still doing well YCD was held back. How I wish she'd do stuff like this nowadays. She was never out of the studio back then.

They must have meant that she was recording the WTG songs. "ETYBMH" came out in 1986, no? And there was also "Possessive Love" and some stuff we might not know about.

The only reason why she was more in the studio because she recorded soundtracks for her own movies. Then in the first half of the 90s she was more often seen filming a movie than recording songs. :demonic:

By the way, I'm Breathless also came out a month after the BAT kicked off and "Vogue" was released practically days before the tour start. It's the first time since then when she's about to release some new music, otherwise all her tours were followed by breaks (or GH's with no new songs)...

I love Heartbeat.

me too :)

me too.

heartbeat is great!

Me too.

Heartbeat is great. :thumbsup:

i luv heartbeat its a classic!

Heartbeat is perfect meant to sound that way. Geez some peeps!

HEARTBEAT is the timeless Madonna classic from HARD CANDY.

:lol:

Guest thehiltonsuite
I really like that song. She could do a scandalous video for it with Jesus ( think JML with Tony).

If the GH is out in September the June 30th is a bit to soon for the first single. I would prefer a fall release for both. Single in September, GH in October, S&S DVD in November, second single in December.

No, the song needs to come out this summer. But I love your video idea.