New Madonna Song?

TOUR2008

Not sure if this has been discussed in this long thread- but, for those concerned that she's just doing someone else's song-

Are we forgetting "Ray of Light"? It had existed in previous form as "Sepheryn" anbd then that demo with that Christine chick. Madonna took it, wrote a second verse and did her thing with it- and- BAM- one of her greatest tracks. And she similarly did her thing to "Open Your Heart," "Nothing Fails," etc. ("La Isla Bonita" also had existed, in musical form, anyways, before she wrote the lyrics to it, but that'sa little different).

Not saying "Revolver" will become one of M's grandest hits/tracks, just pointing something out. :gent:

The difference, for me, is that this is the first occassion we've heard (albeit part of) someone else's version before M's. Maybe she's trying to re-create The Immaculate Collection and JML!

Guest Johnkm
:lol: those lyrics are awful, and people thought Candy Shop was bad. But I hope, as was mentioned above, it ends up like the Beat Goes On Demo & Album versions being very different from each other. It has potential, which is good. But this is Madonna, she usually ends up making the right decision in the end :)

Madonna has VERY OFTEN taken demos and made them her own. Most of ROL was demoed by Orbit before getting to her and the same with much of Music. Also, Get Together and the B&A tracks were demoed and sent to her. The difference is I think the other tracks always had something going on but this sounds very bland/generic.

And yes, it IS very Britney Spears 'Radar,' that cannot be denied. But that doesn't stop it from being good. Neither than song nor Amy were big hits so it won't matter that much.

Well, actually, she's releasing Radar as her next single. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Radar_(song)

Hopefully the production of the final track won't include the similarities the demo has.

I think this song will be a hit for whoever ends up recording it. It's extremely catchy. Yeah, the Radar similarities are undeniable, but Radar is a good song itself anyways. Hopefully they will do something to switch it up a bit though since Radar is indeed being released very soon. I can DEFINITELY hear Madonna singing those lyrics though. So if she adds a verse does that mean she'll be the first name listed on the writing credits even though it seems most of the lyrics have been written?? :lol: Gotta love her.

Guest Danny86
I think this song will be a hit for whoever ends up recording it. It's extremely catchy. Yeah, the Radar similarities are undeniable, but Radar is a good song itself anyways. Hopefully they will do something to switch it up a bit though since Radar is indeed being released very soon.

Didn't people say the same about "4 Minutes" and Flo Rida's "Elevator"? They said Madonna would be ridiculed because of having a song that sounds like something else currently out there and no way she could have a huge hit with it. And while "Elevator" did moderately...

Didn't people say the same about "4 Minutes" and Flo Rida's "Elevator"? They said Madonna would be ridiculed because of having a song that sounds like something else currently out there and no way she could have a huge hit with it. And while "Elevator" did moderately...

That's true. 4 Minutes completely overshadowed Elevator, outside of here I never read/heard anything about Madonna "ripping off Flo Rida" or what not. I'm sure there will be more interest in a brand new, lead single from a Madonna album than a nearly 2 year old 4th single from Britney's album (and isn't this the second time Radar has been released??). Still though, I think by the time we hear the Madonna incarnation of this track that it will be reworked somewhat. Really the only part so far that REALLY reminds me of Radar is the beginning, after that it sounds like about 10 other "hot" songs out at the moment. And that's not a bad thing! This track sounds like it's going to be a lot of fun if it comes to be.

Guest bulgar

has this been posted already??

----

anna:

"i repeat no clip no snippet and no piece of the official madonna recording has leaked. none. not the first clip and not the last clip. they're still in mixing process and do not forget it was only a week ago where she finished recording the vocals for the track.. let's not jump ahead of ourselves."

has this been posted already??

----

anna:

"i repeat no clip no snippet and no piece of the official madonna recording has leaked. none. not the first clip and not the last clip. they're still in mixing process and do not forget it was only a week ago where she finished recording the vocals for the track.. let's not jump ahead of ourselves."

agreed.

Song sounds really good. It's really catchy and I can see people singing along to the lyrics. I think they are clever "My sex is a killer, do you want to die happy" and definitely sound like Madonna. I think she will do well with this song. Can't wait to hear her version.

Guest Tick / Tock

It's a hot song, can't wait to hear Madonna's version!!!!

DOUBT it's going to be a hit at all though.

Not sure if this has been discussed in this long thread- but, for those concerned that she's just doing someone else's song-

Are we forgetting "Ray of Light"? It had existed in previous form as "Sepheryn" anbd then that demo with that Christine chick. Madonna took it, wrote a second verse and did her thing with it- and- BAM- one of her greatest tracks. And she similarly did her thing to "Open Your Heart," "Nothing Fails," etc. ("La Isla Bonita" also had existed, in musical form, anyways, before she wrote the lyrics to it, but that'sa little different).

Not saying "Revolver" will become one of M's grandest hits/tracks, just pointing something out. :gent:

I think that's a really good point. Plus, Madonna always adds her spin (and USUALLY makes it a better song).

I like the demo, so I am pretty sure I will like the final product. Unless, of course, Madonna Kabbalah-izes it.

i LOVE that teaser promo pic....i hope its real!!!

Is there an MP3 of that mix available anywhere? It sounds great! Also, does anyone know of a better quality MP3 of the original demo version (with the verses and choruses)? The Youtube ones and the version used in this new composite mix sound like they're of a much better quality than the current MP3 version.

I can't wait to hear what Madonna does with what, for me, is already a fantastic song! It's catchy and I can't get it out of my head, so I don't expect to be disappointed by the Madonna version.

Cue accusations of being a lamb :provoke:

It is a catchy chorus, but I hope M adds her M spin to the track.

June 30 is a Tuesday, so maybe it will be released to iTunes then? Maybe it will be a limited availability, to push the GH- that, or single two will be out when the GH hits.

Is there an MP3 of that mix available anywhere? It sounds great! Also, does anyone know of a better quality MP3 of the original demo version (with the verses and choruses)? The Youtube ones and the version used in this new composite mix sound like they're of a much better quality than the current MP3 version.

http://sharebee.com/ec40e6bb