New Madonna Song?

TOUR2008

more info from Anna:

'revolver' produced by dj frank e, will be the first single off the 'greatest hits' record and is indeed set to promote it not long from now. don't be too quick to judge anythin, don't rush your opinions, i promise you haven't heard nothing yet!

:thumbsup:

Gawd, whatever they are cooking up, I can't wait. All of this teasing and speculation. Hurry up Madonna! lol

So according to Anna the single that is going to promote the GH is this track? I'll keep an open mind, but knowing that it's penned by Lil' Wayne isn't too reassuring going by his track record. I honestly cannot stand his music, or his style of rapping for that matter; it always sounds like he's a toad trying to clear its throat. Hopefully M is intelligent enough to keep his voice far away from this.

And if the track turns out to be brilliant I'll gladly eat my words.

more info from Anna:

'revolver' produced by dj frank e, will be the first single off the 'greatest hits' record and is indeed set to promote it not long from now. don't be too quick to judge anythin, don't rush your opinions, i promise you haven't heard nothing yet!

yeah it's great i just read it. and judging only for that snippet even though we don't know if Madonna is the one who's singing in the chorus or not i smell a big hit. also when i read "first single" now I hope there will be a second one. with a video or not we will see. but i'm so exciting because it seems sooner that i thought.

Who the fuck is Anna? What connections does she have with Madonna or her people to be privvy to such info?

As for being a big hit? While I am sure Madonna will make a great song out of it (if any of this is true), it doesn't mean the public will buy into it, nor the radio stations will even play it since they have a hang up with Madonna and her age.

I actually like the snippet with the "Die Happy" chorus. Very excited to hear the REAL thing. I hope it's a huge hit. :)

I just read on a hiphop forum that it is scheduled for release June 30. I wonder if that date is accurate since Anna seems to indicate it will be out relatively soon.

Guest harbors
more info from Anna:

:clap::clap::clap:

I actually like the snippet with the "Die Happy" chorus. Very excited to hear the REAL thing. I hope it's a huge hit. :)

I just read on a hiphop forum that it is scheduled for release June 30. I wonder if that date is accurate since Anna seems to indicate it will be out relatively soon.

Yeah sounds very catchy!! :thumbsup:

Guest Johnkm

I'm still not sure how its gonna work, I do like that 14 second clip but I hope the rest is better. Plus I want it NOW, it feels like its been forever since Hard Candy came out.

Not sure if its what the public are wanting to hear from M but hey, if its good I dont mind.

Guest thehiltonsuite
Oh, no doubt. But some of these guys only listen to Madonna. They have no other musical interest, so I suppose it's okay for them.

She really needs to veer away from these current artists. These people aren't on her level by any stretch, and add nothing to her music. "Hard Candy" is a glaring example. Most of it sounds nothing like a Madonna album, and in my opinion, that is not a good thing.

That's not true. Hard Candy WAS a Madonna album. I don't know when Madonna was put in the dance/electroinca box, but she's a lot more than that. And I'm sure she hates hearing that and it will probably make her do the hip hop stuff even more.

I for one, think Hard Candy is one of her best albums. And this new song sounds catchy as hell.

Guest D'Deridex

The short clip sounds catchy enough, very Circus, but I hope the jabbering retard is kept off. I hate how these types of songs are suddenly interrupted by an idiot who blathers on about themselves before fucking off. Like Beat Goes On.

The short clip sounds catchy enough, very Circus, but I hope the jabbering retard is kept off. I hate how these types of songs are suddenly interrupted by an idiot who blathers on about themselves before fucking off. Like Beat Goes On.

Anna already stated that there will be NO collaborations. JUST Madonna, nobody else!

Guest thehiltonsuite

Kanye was great on Beat Goes On. And Lil' Wayne might pimp himself out a little too often to anybody that has the money, but he's a great rapper and a great talent. Fool!

Will be interesting to see if the new track gets a single release on iTunes, or if it will be withheld to boost the album. If WB goes all out with packaging and content, though (I know, seems like a long shot), it won't need to rely on a new track to sell the album.

And so she has the inside word of Madonna's latest endeavors?

Apparently she has a good track record. What she has said in the past has eventuated / come to pass with accuracy, and so people trust her.

I don't know of this personally, it's just what I've read on other posts in this and other threads...

I suppose, if the GH is an early fall release, we might indeed see a single release in late summer (and thus perhaps going to radio a little before that). Music was an August release if I remember right (the album) and I think I remember hearing the single on the radio much earlier in the summer -- like June? Then again, there was also the issue of the track being supposedly "stolen" and leaked in its unfinished state -- and the finished version was hurried along, but didn't sound TOO much different. (Although it would occasionally irritate me if I'd be out somewhere and I'd hear someone playing their mp3s and their version of Music was a crap quality early leak with that extra chorus repeated at the end and then an early fade-out without the proper synth line at the end and the pause, etc.) Anyway, all that's to say, it might be possible that we hear it in full before the end of next month.... MIGHT be. I won't hold my breath, though.