New Madonna Song?

TOUR2008

It's hilarious when people contort themselves into pretzels to defend the QUEEN OF LIFE when the same people have been laughing and mocking Mariah and her rent-a-rapper tactics for ages.

I was never one of those though. I just found Mariah vile as a person and her last album extremely generic that's all.

It's hilarious when people contort themselves into pretzels to defend the QUEEN OF LIFE when the same people have been laughing and mocking Mariah and her rent-a-rapper tactics for ages.

I kinda agree.

People who don't like Hard Candy have been insulted every fucking way possible here. We've been called limp-wristed disco fags, ageing queens (I'm 25 btw), music snobs, and now the latest and most desperate accusation, racist. I'd be alot more angry about it if it wasn't so laughably transparent. Do you think I'd have been way happier if Madonna had worked with Scott Storch and duetted with Kid Rock and Nickelback (fuck I hope she's not reading this)?

People who don't like Hard Candy have been insulted every fucking way possible here. We've been called limp-wristed disco fags, ageing queens (I'm 25 btw), music snobs, and now the latest and most desperate accusation, racist. I'd be alot more angry about it if it wasn't so laughably transparent. Do you think I'd have been way happier if Madonna had worked with Scott Storch and duetted with Kid Rock and Nickelback (fuck I hope she's not reading this)?

Oh please. Hard Candy may have had some TINY way to excuse it but this is so laughable, it's not even worth arguing about. It's LIL FUCKING WAYNE. That says it all. It's the elephant in the room as Suede said. There's just NO WAY to spin how pathetic all this is.

^Huh?

When I click on the new topic button it gives me a screen I'm not allowed to do that!

Sorry, an error occurred. If you are unsure on how to use a feature, or don't know why you got this error message, try looking through the help files for more information. The error returned was:

Sorry, you do not have permission to start a topic in this forum

Edited by robster16

When I click on the new topic button it gives me a screen I'm not allowed to do that!

Sorry, an error occurred. If you are unsure on how to use a feature, or don't know why you got this error message, try looking through the help files for more information. The error returned was:

Oh its about post count I think, you have to have more posts not sure the number. Want me to start something for you? Send it.

There's a minimum post count required to start a new topic, I think it's 100??

What do you want to tell us ?

:thumbsup:

i'm having trouble downloading the snippet....

can anyone help me?

pwetty pwease?

Guest harbors

http://www.rollingstone.com/rockdaily/inde...-grammy-awards/

Plant & Krauss, Lil Wayne, Coldplay Win Big at 2009 Grammy Awards

The man with the most nominations, Lil Wayne, took home four awards, most notably (and predictably) Best Rap Album for Tha Carter III, but also Best Rap Song for “Lollipop,” Best Rap Solo Performance for “A Milli” and his verse on “Swagga Like Us” scored him Best Rap Performance By A Group.

ENOUGH SAID!

Guest Johnkm

^ Just because he won 4 Grammys doesnt mean everyone has to like him or his music. I have respect for him as a musician, hes very successful at what he does, as his sales and Grammy wins suggest. But Im not in any way a fan of his music nor can I ever see myself being a fan of it either. I just think if she had worked with him, it would have smacked of desperation, but it wouldnt neccesarily be a bad song. Just not to my taste. :)

Guest harbors
^ Just because he won 4 Grammys doesnt mean everyone has to like him or his music. I have respect for him as a musician, hes very successful at what he does, as his sales and Grammy wins suggest. But Im not in any way a fan of his music nor can I ever see myself being a fan of it either. I just think if she had worked with him, it would have smacked of desperation, but it wouldnt neccesarily be a bad song. Just not to my taste. :)

he didnt ask you to like his music, so dont be worried.

imo, the reason madonna works with him b/c he's artiscally talented.

So far we've tenatively heard that the song is for Lil Wayne's album. Rent-a-rapper tactics? It's HIS song. If anything he rented HER. When was the last time Madonna had a rapper featured on one HER singles (no Timbaland's little spoken intro on 4M doesn't count.) BGO w/Kanye on HC wasn't released even though it SCREAMED "release me---I'm a hit!" Mariah would have released BGO and whored it for all it was worth. Madonna left it on the album & put out destined to flop GI2M instead and didn't even release it as the 3rd single to make up for the 2nd that failed. Meh. Working with a rapper every blue moon on a random track isn't borrowing from Mariah's tactics. Hystorically when Madonna works with a rapper its been lowkey, without much fanfare & hype and from what seems like basically a RESPECT-FOR-WHAT-THEY-DO angle. Not because she wanted a quick #1. Some just automatically assumes that the only reason ANY non rapper would work with a rapper is for commercial gain.

Edited by hesser

So far we've tenatively heard that the song is for Lil Wayne's album. Rent-a-rapper tactics? It's HIS song. If anything he rented HER. When was the last time Madonna had a rapper featured on one HER singles (no Timbaland's little spoken intro on 4M doesn't count.) BGO w/Kanye on HC wasn't released even though it SCREAMED "release me---I'm a hit!" Mariah would have released BGO and whored it for all it was worth. Madonna left it on the album & put out destined to flop GI2M instead and didn't even release it as the 3rd single to make up for the 2nd that failed. Meh. Working with a rapper every blue moon on a random track isn't borrowing from Mariah's tactics. Hystorically when Madonna works with a rapper its been lowkey, without much fanfare & hype and from what seems like basically a RESPECT-FOR-WHAT-THEY-DO angle. Not because she wanted a quick #1. Some just automatically assumes that the only reason ANY non rapper would work with a rapper is for commercial gain.

Well said.

If she did it for commercial succes, she would have put out BGO as a single for sure, she didn't. She actually followed the queeny fans wish (God I wish she didn't at that time). She did an album against their will but she put out the singles with least potential to satisfy them? That's so random.

But it's not like HC is very urban like everyone's still suggesting. Some tracks are obviously inspired by it, but overall it's more like a light Madonna party album.

I want the serious and mystic Madonna back for next album though.

Like i've written a 100000x times now in this thread. I'm all ok with this Lil Wayne thing (if it is Madonna), if it's just being a random single, b-side, for his album or even for her own GH. That's ok with me as long she's doing her own thing for the next studio album. I doubt this would have anything to do with that anyhow because the next studio album will probably be out next year and I doubt she started doing tracks for it yet. So people are worrying too much really.

"anna_henstridge wrote:

not sure what you're all waiting for to be posted. just like pharrell did with heartbeat, wayne did with this one. thats his own version to the initial work that ultimately went to m. no collaboration on the horizon."

Thank you Baby Jesus!

Guest Pud Whacker
LOL

Well this sure got us all in a tizzy! Next...

:rotfl:

damn, i thought id have a new song for a few month. :rant:

Guest ursaminorjim
"anna_henstridge wrote:

not sure what you're all waiting for to be posted. just like pharrell did with heartbeat, wayne did with this one. thats his own version to the initial work that ultimately went to m. no collaboration on the horizon."

Who's Anna Henstridge?

Guest bulgar

anna:

"yeah lets make it clear, m is going to sing this song!

and she named it after one of her ex husband's films how ironic =]"