New Madonna Song?

TOUR2008

Lil Wayne may be THE RAGE right now, and he may be a funny interview, but come on, he is our post-recession answer to 50 Cent and Eminem. But I'm sure people who love a collaboration with them too, after all, it COULD GO #1!!!!!1one!

Guest ursaminorjim

I'd welcome all of those as well as Lil Wayne. Heck, as long as the results are good, she can work with fucking Lady Gaga and Souljah Boy for all I care.

And Lil Wayne is LEAGUES above 50 and Eminem. They're both strictly one trick ponies.

Haha.... now, if she was going to call the collection HITS.... and have bullets on the cover art..... hmmmm... would she be going from boxer to trigger happy?? :demonic:

hits1.jpg

hits2.jpg

"Do you Wanna Die Happy?"

I think some fans need to cut the bitch a bit of slack... After American Life Madonna was banned from the airwaves in a US government sponsored boycott.. then we all got to know what it feels like to have a new Madonna release not make the Hot 100..

Things may have been a bit rocky since then but we need to stop living in the past now and look to the future. We have a new president and change is in the air.. with Madonna back on the radio where she belongs and has earnt the right to be, then America can dance again.

Guest ursaminorjim
I think some fans need to cut the bitch a bit of slack... After American Life Madonna was banned from the airwaves in a US government sponsored boycott.. then we all got to know what it feels like to have a new Madonna release not make the Hot 100..

Things may have been a bit rocky since then but we need to stop living in the past now and look to the future. We have a new president and change is in the air.. with Madonna back on the radio where she belongs and has earnt the right to be, then America can dance again.

:lmao:

Hahahaha.

Btw, imagine if this thread were about Madonna & Katy Perry? I wonder if it would have been more positive or way worse. I'm gonna go with way worse.

I like Katy Perry :shy: SEE? I have no problem admitting when I have questionable taste. It's just the thought of Madonna pussypopping with Lil Wayne scares me too much, it was already scary enough with Justina in 4 Minutes.

Guest ursaminorjim
Btw, imagine if this thread were about Madonna & Katy Perry? I wonder if it would have been more positive or way worse. I'm gonna go with way worse.

Agreed. And rightly so. Because Katy Perry is a cancer and a blight, whereas Lil Wayne is actually quite good.

I don't get Lil Wayne. I've never "gotten" that type of music. Eminem, Lil Wayne, Lil Jon, 50 Cent, Akon... it all sounds like guidette club music to me.

I prefer Kanye, which says a lot because I openly hate the guy. But at least he makes an attempt to advance the genre. Same with MIA. That's what hip hop is to me, its not always something you're in the mood to listen to, but its agressive and interesting and sexy. The aforementioned people just sound like trash.

Maybe she really DOES want to piss some of her fans of for real!

She's testing us haha.

Personally, i'm ok with this if it's for his album, a b-side of some sort or even for the GH. As long as the song is ok, I don't care too much. Let her have her fun with this thing, maybe ending up being another US smash?

Madonna is an icon, but frankly, even she need to keep her relevance in this fast moving, youth obsessed industry. She's not an alternative singer, she was always about Pop in one way or another.

I'm ok if this is getting released this year and gives her a decent hit, just to keep her name out there and then she releases her new album with great, fresh and innovative material.. like she did in the past.

I think MATM was worse than this snippet, and she managed to comeback with the amazing COADF.

HC was obviously a way to try to gain back some of that lost popularity in the US. It didn't work unfortunately, but she got her first big hit in the US for years with 4 Minutes and radio actually played her again. Maybe this is just tactical to keep radio warming up a little more to her, and then release the actual good stuff later, maybe next year?

People here seem to think she doesn't need radio, but she kinda does. I mean she could just stop now and live a good life. But I think she does want to stay relevant, and maybe a couple of random singles like this will help her manage then? In between albums or whatever.

Oh I dunno.

As long as the upcoming studio album will be nothing like this, i'm ok with it.

Guest ursaminorjim

But Lil Wayne has more in common with Kanye West or Outkast than 50 Cent or Akon these days.

But Lil Wayne has more in common with Kanye West or Outkast than 50 Cent or Akon these days.

I'd actually agree with this. I mean the guy is putting out this weird rock album for f sake! Not that it has been my cup of tea, but it's not like he is not trying to do different stuff at all.

Madonna is an icon, but frankly, even she need to keep her relevance in this fast moving, youth obsessed industry. She's not an alternative singer, she was always about Pop in one way or another.

What's the use if she makes an ass of herself? More and more I think this Lil Wayne thing is just bullshit, but think for a second. Madonna is going to be 51 this year. Her last hit was a year ago and she's managed to not ONCE leave the spotlight since then. All Madonna needs to do is release (decent) music and she will be relevant. Gossipers are more interested in her than ever now. She doesn't need #1 singles, Lil Wayne, Katy Perry, Britney, Miley... WHATEVER to keep herself from turning into a boring housewife. She'll be touring until she's 60 - 9 years from now. At that point, what are you going to expect from Madonna? She'll be a senior. Her feeling the pressure of having to have hits at an age where most celebrities drift into obscurity will just make her age as ungracefully as all the people we make fun of on here; Marrah Carrah, Michael Jackson, Janet Jackson.

Guest Pud Whacker
Lil Wayne may be THE RAGE right now, and he may be a funny interview, but come on, he is our post-recession answer to 50 Cent and Eminem. But I'm sure people who love a collaboration with them too, after all, it COULD GO #1!!!!!1one!

oh, is he? :rotfl:

i thought he oepned the door for her in music at the grammys all grown up. seriously.

so anyway, is the song out yet with madonna vocals?

Guest jkgeldert

Still not sure if it's her or not on the track. It's catchy enough, and I'm not a even that big of a fan of the R&B-pop stuff on the radio these days. Obviously it's only 15 seconds, but it's at least no more offensive than Hard Candy.

If it is for real though, I'm hoping it's just an outtake or unreleased demo or something and that it doesn't become an official release of some kind, even on a Lil Wayne album. I find the current pop stuff pretty gimmicky and wonder if it has much longevity. Like, is this the kind of song you'll wanna listen to even five years from now? Granted, I'm inclined to enjoy anything Madonna puts out, but some songs (Holiday, Like a Prayer, Ray of Light) have aged better than others (Causing a Commotion, Cherish...though I still love it). I'm not sure the Hard Candy era is one I'll be drawn to when I'm in the mood to listen to a Madonna track. But to each his own.

Irrespective of what you think of M's current sound, my other question is why she seems to be following trends recently, rather than creating them. Her collaborators on Hard Candy (and now Lil Wayne) were already popular when she decided to work with them, which is maybe why this stuff all sounds a bit stale to me. In the past she's tended to work with obscure or up-and-coming producers and I'm hoping she'll get back to that.

What's the use if she makes an ass of herself? More and more I think this Lil Wayne thing is just bullshit, but think for a second. Madonna is going to be 51 this year. Her last hit was a year ago and she's managed to not ONCE leave the spotlight since then. All Madonna needs to do is release (decent) music and she will be relevant. Gossipers are more interested in her than ever now. She doesn't need #1 singles, Lil Wayne, Katy Perry, Britney, Miley... WHATEVER to keep herself from turning into a boring housewife. She'll be touring until she's 60 - 9 years from now. At that point, what are you going to expect from Madonna? She'll be a senior. Her feeling the pressure of having to have hits at an age where most celebrities drift into obscurity will just make her age as ungracefully as all the people we make fun of on here; Marrah Carrah, Michael Jackson, Janet Jackson.

I see where you're coming from and it's not that i'm very happy about this either... believe me i'm not.

I just meant that every once in a while i'm fine with her doing stuff like this, if it's not meant to be part of her actual studio albums or whatever.

I see it like this. Every once in a while she release something like this, gets a chart hit and then moves on to a more serious project that will not have any hits but will be popular with reviewers and fans, goes on tour, release a random fun single to keep up the tour promo or whatever, and then goes back to releasing a serious album again. With that I would be ok. She'd balance every once in a while, satisfy the kids sometimes with a random single and then satisfy her fans with great albums.

But, like I said. If this turns out to be the sound for her upcoming studio album, then she is kinda loosing it.

I don't think we should believe this until we hear the final version, I just can't see Madonna doing this. I mean it would be the musical equivalent of her sashaying down the red carpet in a pair of bunny ears, a mini dress made of Liberace's curtains and a pair of fanny high biker boots

oh

I don't think we should believe this until we hear the final version, I just can't see Madonna doing this. I mean it would be the musical equivalent of her sashaying down the red carpet in a pair of bunny ears, a mini dress made of Liberace's curtains and a pair of fanny high biker boots

oh

She just did :chuckle:

and it was AMAZING!

Guest Pud Whacker
Still not sure if it's her or not on the track. It's catchy enough, and I'm not a even that big of a fan of the R&B-pop stuff on the radio these days. Obviously it's only 15 seconds, but it's at least no more offensive than Hard Candy.

If it is for real though, I'm hoping it's just an outtake or unreleased demo or something and that it doesn't become an official release of some kind, even on a Lil Wayne album. I find the current pop stuff pretty gimmicky and wonder if it has much longevity. Like, is this the kind of song you'll wanna listen to even five years from now? Granted, I'm inclined to enjoy anything Madonna puts out, but some songs (Holiday, Like a Prayer, Ray of Light) have aged better than others (Causing a Commotion, Cherish...though I still love it). I'm not sure the Hard Candy era is one I'll be drawn to when I'm in the mood to listen to a Madonna track. But to each his own.

Irrespective of what you think of M's current sound, my other question is why she seems to be following trends recently, rather than creating them. Her collaborators on Hard Candy (and now Lil Wayne) were already popular when she decided to work with them, which is maybe why this stuff all sounds a bit stale to me. In the past she's tended to work with obscure or up-and-coming producers and I'm hoping she'll get back to that.

where is the 15 second track WITH MADONNA?