New Madonna Song?

TOUR2008

Haha that's true.

I'm still not really buying this whole Lil Wayne thing, but it does kinda sound like her. But it could just be some random feat. singer aswell.

Exactly, but this could be her as well, if so it sounds cool.

Guest Coked Up Baby Boy

Like i said before, i don't MIND the song itself, i don't mind Lil' Wayne, but it does sound like BRITNEY SPEARS and the style doesn't suit Madonna. If she ends up on it that is.

Some light about the snippets...

-The second leaked snippet is goes just after the end of the first snippet.

-With both snippets we have half of the deal (1.45).

-In the first half of this song Madonna is only doing the chorus (so we can confirm it's a track from Lil Wayne new album).

It's really a great song but it gets ruined due to Lil Wayne vile vocals (kinda like Radar due to Britney vocals).

Like i said before, i don't MIND the song itself, i don't mind Lil' Wayne, but it does sound like BRITNEY SPEARS and the style doesn't suit Madonna. If she ends up on it that is.

the production does

probably produced by danja

but the song doesn't sound like brit

Guest Coked Up Baby Boy

Erm, by song i obviously mean the PRODUCTION, what else would i be referring to?

I assume all the poeple who "love it" will love Radar also? :rolleyes: oh wait....

Umm if it is her the style is very Madonna and it does not sound like Britney.

Guest Coked Up Baby Boy

It sounds like a very obvious mix of Radar and Amy. Sorry to disappoint, i realize you need to justify liking this song somehow, but it does.

It sounds like a very obvious mix of Radar and Amy. Sorry to disappoint, i realize you need to justify liking this song somehow, but it does.

Your deluded your trying to connect it to something to justify your girl. And I like Radar and the blackout album so...

But cool you think it sound slike something, no biggie and I dont have to justify my like of what I hear. After all I love Hard Candy so...

Erm, by song i obviously mean the PRODUCTION, what else would i be referring to?

I assume all the poeple who "love it" will love Radar also? :rolleyes: oh wait....

the lyrics, vocals, melodies are nothing alike

just like the similarities between 4 minutes and elevator

they may have common production due to the producer but not exactly similar songs

and btw i love radar and plenty in this forum do so i dnt get what ur whining about

Guest ursaminorjim

It definitely has the same loping beat and general pop fizz as "Radar." But it doesn't rip off Aimee Mann's "Momentum," so it's not much like "If you seek Amy. " :lol:

It definitely has the same loping beat and general pop fizz as "Radar." But it doesn't rip off Aimee Mann's "Momentum," so it's not much like "If you seek Amy. " :lol:

Omg wait I hear a bit of Poke Face in it too!! :wacko:

Lately?! Gee, I think she's been coming across as increasingly desperate since Ray of Light, myself. :lol: But that hasn't prevented her from still coming up with the goods most of the time.

Just because Lil Wayne is more popular than her at the moment shouldn't automatically signal desperation, though. I'm just hoping that if this is true, it's not another "Me against the music" situation. Now that was truly mortifying. For me, her working with Lil Wayne is no more or less laughable than her working with Stuart Price. Or Timbaland. Or Neptunes. Or Nile Rodgers, for that matter. All are very well respected pop craftsmen.

And the idea of her and Lil Wayne is a hell of a lot more interesting and exciting a proposition to me than her and...Paul Oaknefold. :confused::lol:

In any case, we'll just have to wait and see.

The point I was lazily trying to make is that Madonna is more and more coming across like someone who is just grabbing onto whoever is young and "hitworthy" to keep herself relevant. I know Moe was trying to say that she's always been that way, but I don't think so. I think it was just easier for her to have success before, regardless of who she worked with. She was younger and less concerned with her expiration date running out, so she could do something like Erotica one day, then do Bedtime Stories the next, then Ray Of Light. She could have done a song with Spice Girls. She could have done an Alanis duet. She could have made a song with Hootie & The Blowfish. But she didn't.

2003 rolls around and she's singing with Britney. Then she's with Missy Elliott. THen Timabaland, then Justin, then Pharrell. Now Lil Wayne? Who's next, Miley Cyrus?

People here will throw every name at me in the book for saying this, but I truly feel like the woman is scared to death of getting old. And of course people will say "SHES STILL TAKING RISKS!!!" and tell me that they hope I'm not a fan anymore after this. Yeah, thanks a lot. What risk is there collaborating with Lil Wayne? By default its going to get a bunch of attention. Lil Wayne is huge right now, and Madonna is still an A-lister. It's not rocket science. That's like saying Me Against The Menopause was an artistic leap for her. Yeah. Look, I'm tired of arguing with people on here about how I feel about Madonna; all I will say is that I have a ton of respect for her and it just looks retarded when she shacks up with people like Justin Timberlake or Lil Wayne. Not only does it look like she's trying to pull the wool over everyone's eyes by saying "LOOK, I CAN BE YOUNG AND WITH IT!" but its also like she's settling for being a businesswoman when it comes to her music and not pushing herself. I love Midge and I want to see her do interesting things, and Lil Wayne is the anti-thesis of that. He's just a joke to me. If she wanted to go hip hop again, fine, why doesn't she ask Kanye West to do something with her again? Beat Goes On was a pleasant surprise. Why not MIA? Santogold? People who actually PUSH the genre into the 21st century. Lil Wayne gets a lot of hype but he's just like Eminem in my eyes. A clown.

AND FOR THE RECORD, I think Paul Oakenfold is a crap choice too. I know zero about DJ Frank E. (And the above was all written assuming this song is real)

Guest ursaminorjim

I see what you're saying and definitely agree. She's terrified of the thought of being irrelevant, and she knows she can only coast on her own celebrity for so long. One of the major drawbacks of being a cultural icon is that the image tends to supercede the art. Sure, she's had hits recently, but nothing that seems to have any more staying power than the last Pussycat Dolls song or Nickelback hit to the average pop listener. Plus, she's a woman on top of it all, and has used her sexuality as a key component of her image. And shitty as it is, we all know what becomes of post-menopausal American women in today's culture. And no, I don't mean they doll themselves up in garish designer trash for museum galas, although that can be a by-product. ;)

But I also think, as with her Hard Candy collaborators, she genuinely is interested in the artists she's working with, and is not entirely aligning herself with them for their cachet. But it doesn't hurt to err on the side of popular.

As for your assessment of Lil Wayne, I have to disagree. There's a lot of crazy experimentation and sonic restlessness bubbling under a lot of his grooves.

Guest Coked Up Baby Boy
But I also think, as with her Hard Candy collaborators, she genuinely is interested in the artists she's working with, and is not entirely aligning herself with them for their cachet.

I'm sure it was a mix of both for HC, which isn't a bad thing, and which is why i liked the album for the most part.

With this Lil Wayne collab though, it just wreaks of forced relevance, and it won't work if it ends up being true.

The hip hop artists Miguel gave as examples of are EXACTLY the types of guys she should be mixing with, they're innovative and fresh. Lil Wayne may have a few decent tracks under his belt, but he's BEYOND tragically generic and boring. She can do much better than this shit.

The hip hop artists Miguel gave as examples of are EXACTLY the types of guys she should be mixing with, they're innovative and fresh. Lil Wayne may have a few decent tracks under his belt, but he's BEYOND tragically generic and boring. She can do much better than this shit.

M.I.A and Santigold? :lmao:

Yeah, all in all I just don't want Madonna to age as ridiculously as her contemporaries. If she wants to continue wearing leotards and looking like a pro-athlete, I support that. I LOVE that - as long as she's doing it in defiance rather than doing it to be sexy or turn on the dudes (I choose to believe the former despite mounting evidence toward the latter). But she's showing major symptoms of a mid-life crisis with the choices she's made in the past few years, and because I AM A FAN, I want her to continue being a cool chick and being in touch with you know, reality. After all, we all laughed our asses off at Michael Jackson when he decided to go make music with WILL.I.AM, how do you think it looks to people outside of this forum when they see "NEW SINGLE! Lil Wayne Feat. Madonna - My Sex Is Killa!"

REALLY?

Guest Coked Up Baby Boy

Diplo, Santigold, MIA, Ceelo, Bangladesh ect.

How anyone can laugh at those choices and EXCUSE a Lil Wayne collaboration is BEYOND me.