Tori Amos On Madonna - "''Two lionesses, different parts of the Serengeti''

Guest CUBB

Guest Coked Up Baby Boy

i i i e e e....

338944284_a088c185cb.jpg

With a new record, Abnormally Attracted To Sin, soon to be in stores, Tori Amos talks to Out.com about dangerous sexuality, (secretly) dirty song lyrics, and the pitfalls of worshiping Madonna.

Tori worked with Christian Lamb, who worked on the visuals of Madonna's last tour, and this is what she said about him:

"It took us a year and a half to film this stuff and I'd I get a call from him and he'd say, "I'm going to be filming with Madonna here, can you fly in?" And I'd find myself scheduling my life around Miss Thing - without her even knowing it, of course. And I'm sitting there and the husband is saying, "Where are you going?" And I said, "I don't know! Where's Madonna?" And he said, "You're not serious!" And I said, "I am serious!"

Out: Did you hang out with her?

Of course not! No! No! No! Two lionesses, different parts of the Serengeti. And it's fine - I have great respect for her and her work ethic and what she does - I do. But I remember this little artist who has sold many records herself coming up to me and she said, "I went up to Madonna and I told her how much she meant to me." She's sitting there confessing this to me a couple of years ago and I'm thinking Stupid!

Out: Why would she do that? Why? Why!

Why! And I've become like Mother Confessor and she's sitting there with me in the British Airways first class lounge and I'm thinking how the fuck did I end up with this while she's having a hang-over and she says, "I just have to tell you... so I say to Madonna, 'You have meant so much to me and to my career..." And I'm just waiting for it and she says, "Madonna just looks at my shoes and says, ‘Those are so last season."

And I said, "But why did you go to her with no self-worth?" Because she's going to hate that! "If you really have been influenced by her, so-and-so," I said, "Then look in the mirror and be the gorgeous women you are! You don't need the approval." And come on - Madonna's going to smell the blood.

And I said, "You set yourself up for that one." And this singer said, "But I just didn't know why it was necessary for her to respond like that." And I told her, "It wasn't necessary but you set yourself up. Take some responsibility!" Tongue up the ass - it's just so boring.

Source: MadonnaTribe

Guest jamesshot

What a bitch. I know some love it when Madonna is a bitch. It gives them orgasms or some sick satisfaction but it was unnecessary and quite stupid. Show some class and be gracious. That person should have shot back: "Speaking of last season, nice cheeks." LOL. Just kidding. I think. :)

Tori is great. She is one of the singers inspired by Madonna I am proud to have been inspired by her.

Guest jamesshot
I think Madonna feels uncomfortable when people say that to her and so that is how she reacts.

Why? It is completely uncalled for and very classless. She shouldn't treat anyone that way. This person( who the fuck could it be???) was just being nice. A "thank you so much" would suffice.

Guest jamesshot
Yea, she could've been nicer but maybe that was her way of breaking the ice or seeing if this person had any balls to talk back.

I dunno. She has to realize she is very intimidating to speak to. It is ballsy just to be able to speak to her. My cousin read this and she loves Madonna but was really disgusted she would be so rude. And she loves the dirty/Erotica Madonna so my cousin is no prude.

I do wonder who this singer could be. hmmmm

Guest jkgeldert
Yea, she could've been nicer but maybe that was her way of breaking the ice or seeing if this person had any balls to talk back.

First of all, this is one of those stories that's now in its third or fourth iteration--I'm always skeptical of these people who heard from their friend whose cousin's sister is a maid who changed Madonna's sheets at the Ritz who says she's a total bitch.

That said, I understand what you're saying, but if it's true, it still strikes me as an odd way to break the ice. Isn't Kaballah all about energies and how you treat others? "Please listen to the words of this next song... We have to make the world a better place." ("Imagine," Re-Invention Tour) I know the gal ain't perfect, but I honestly don't know anyone who'd react that way to someone they just met.

"And I said, "But why did you go to her with no self-worth?" Because she's going to hate that! "If you really have been influenced by her, so-and-so," I said, "Then look in the mirror and be the gorgeous women you are! You don't need the approval." And come on - Madonna's going to smell the blood.

And I said, "You set yourself up for that one." And this singer said, "But I just didn't know why it was necessary for her to respond like that." And I told her, "It wasn't necessary but you set yourself up. Take some responsibility!" Tongue up the ass - it's just so boring."

Madonna is not a nice person...who knew?

In all seriousness though, why are people taking a second hand story from Tori as THE GOSPEL? There are always two sides to a story, and in these "meeting Madonna" tales, she ALWAYS comes across as a cold bitch. She must have met someone, and offered a bit of grace.

Madonna is infamous for being a cunt when she smells fear. It's just who she is. Flattery never seems to have an effect on her. Whenever she goes on Regis & Kelly and Kelly starts rubbing her pussy on the chair just from the mere presence of Madonna, I can tell Madonna feels awkward. But she's gotten nicer now that she's older; I'm sure Tori's story was from back in the mid 90s. And the advice Tori gave the singer was 100% on point.

Guest Pud Whacker
Madonna is infamous for being a cunt when she smells fear. It's just who she is. Flattery never seems to have an effect on her. Whenever she goes on Regis & Kelly and Kelly starts rubbing her pussy on the chair just from the mere presence of Madonna, I can tell Madonna feels awkward. But she's gotten nicer now that she's older; I'm sure Tori's story was from back in the mid 90s. And the advice Tori gave the singer was 100% on point.

i dont know if its flattery. im sure that gets you everywhere with madonna. shes a leo. its the gushing with no back bone. imo.

i dont know if its flattery. im sure that gets you everywhere with madonna. shes a leo. its the gushing with no back bone. imo.

Torn Anus is a leo too. I think that's why Tori refer to herself as one.

Guest jamesshot

Whatever you call it, whether she "smelled fear" it is completely classless. Now, if this singer was a dolt then I can understand. So, yes, there are 2 sides to every story.

Well Madonna's cunttastica side has been around since the moment she had a hit album so I guess it doesn't phase me either way. . When you become a fan you just accept these things about her. I don't like her mean side but I don't dislike it either. It's her. Oh well.

Guest Pud Whacker
Torn Anus is a leo too. I think that's why Tori refer to herself as one.

oh, torn.

and 12:51, madonna was a cunt before she had a hit album, i can assure you. :rotfl:

Guest Pud Whacker

and P.S. if this girl singer who sold a lot of album was REALLY a fan, she should have shot back...BTYCH YOUVE BEEN WEARING THOSE STELLA BOOTS OUT FOR YEARS, SO LETS NOT TALK ABOUT SEASONS!!! :rotfl:

halloffame_photocall_ns8.jpg

and P.S. if this girl singer who sold a lot of album was REALLY a fan, she should have shot back...BTYCH YOUVE BEEN WEARING THOSE STELLA BOOTS OUT FOR YEARS, SO LETS NOT TALK ABOUT ABOUT SEASONS!!! :rotfl:

halloffame_photocall_ns8.jpg

Clearly she's a FLOP FAN :thumbsdown:

Guest BytheBay

i always take things like this with a grain of salt. first of all, its forty second hand by this point. second, whoever **rollseyes** conveyed the story may have taken liberty with what she said and how she said it to madonna. third...its possible tori has revised the story for dramatic effect as well as the author of the article.

regardless, its not like its a surprise the woman is difficult at times. its why i never want to meet her. she would melt me with her laser eyes and i would never be the same

Guest Pud Whacker
i always take things like this with a grain of salt. first of all, its forty second hand by this point. second, whoever **rollseyes** conveyed the story may have taken liberty with what she said and how she said it to madonna. third...its possible tori has revised the story for dramatic effect as well as the author of the article.

regardless, its not like its a surprise the woman is difficult at times. its why i never want to meet her. she would melt me with her laser eyes and i would never be the same

there are three sides to every story. yours, mine and THE TRUTH. - marilyn (the king of pop)

then sprinkle some torn anus on it.

Madonna has had the same thing happen to her before ... she spoke once in an interview of the many times she has admired one female singer or another and thought "we were in this together," only to find out that the singer had said something spiteful about her.

ETA: I like how Tori always gives Madonna these semi-compliments, though. I think she likes her for the most part. Madonna, on the other hand, probably doesn't give a damn about Tori.

I dunno. She has to realize she is very intimidating to speak to. It is ballsy just to be able to speak to her. My cousin read this and she loves Madonna but was really disgusted she would be so rude. And she loves the dirty/Erotica Madonna so my cousin is no prude.

I do wonder who this singer could be. hmmmm

i was nervous just talking over the phone to her...........my heart was beating as i waited in the cue to speak to M.

:wacko::wacko::wacko:

Tori is cool.......however, at times her kookiness becomes tiresome. :electropop:

I think it's genuine, though. I just do not see how she could maintain that level of sheer oddity for this many years without believing what she says and writes.

Unless she's sitting back at home laughing and thinking "Fairies, my ass. They think I believe that shit."

Most famous people don't like when you tell them how much they have impacted your life, etc. Its not just Madonna. Tell them something else, instead of being star struck.

madonna probably had heard it so many times and it gets tired, compliment her an album instead.

Guest Coked Up Baby Boy

I think it's a little unfair to expect fans not to compliment her because "she's heard it all before", i mean really, give me a fucking break, oh boo hoo, she's been complimented SO much, must be REALLY hard :rolleyes:

Fans get excited, fans gush, it's just the way it is. Being polite shouldn't be a fucking effort, i don't care who the fuck you are.