Madonna @ MET Costume Institute Gala!

Guest ursaminorjim

I look like an idiot. I can't believe I set foot out of the house looking like that!

Oh, Marc...you used to be so talented, so charming. Now you're just a Chelsea douchebag who thinks that ugly equals fashion forward. Sigh. :(

Guest ursaminorjim
She looks far better than POOR, BRAVE and BEATEN Rihanna's "Victor/Victoria" look though. :demonic:

But that's like saying that ghastly is better than awful, though. They still both look terrible. :lol:

It wasn't a costume party, though. It was a gala for The Costume Institute at the Met. :lol:

Well la-dee-da :lol:

I'm just saying that its really not the same thing as dressing up like an assclown at a wedding, or an Oscar ceremony, or a banquet, bartmitzvah, whatever. It's a fashion gala where celebrities all show up with too much makeup and overpriced clothes, Madonna just happened to be one of the celebs who went all out.

Guest Pud Whacker
I look like an idiot. I can't believe I set foot out of the house looking like that!

Oh, Marc...you used to be so talented, so charming. Now you're just a Chelsea douchebag who thinks that ugly equals fashion forward. Sigh. :(

was he? i went to bed last night and was reading my book and my boyfriend came in and said the bow was crap. i just shrugged and said, marc jacobs and louis vuitton is crap. ive always hated that shyt. it reminds me of the crenshaw swapmeet in south central.

Let's face it, Esther in a traditional dress, it hardly ever works.

But this is so right on. It's what she should wear, not cuz it

was a costume gala, but because she is The Madonna,

a fucking 'rockstar' & she's having fun.

I think she looks sensational. :fag:

Guest ursaminorjim

No, he's made plenty of really lovely, simple, vintage-inspired (read "ripped off") pieces over the years. Nothing terribly adventurous, but it was all beautifully done, great proportions, great details. But now he's just a hack of the highest order. Sad.

article-1177388-04CDE4A0000005DC-744_634

Hate the bow, but otherwise I think she looks fab! I'm glad FUN Madonna is back. I was tired of that Mother Theresa persona she had adopted for the past 10 years or so. Glad she's not taking herself so seriously these days.

Guest ursaminorjim

Fun is good, but it doesn't have to be unflattering, does it? I mean, seriously - those gloves? Those boots?

They're ass ugly, right? Tell me I'm not taking crazy pills here...

And the dress looks like a fucking Project Runway challenge. Twelve yards of silk ruched into a mini-dress for a finger puppet.

Nailed it right there. It's like watching the Oscars when all those skinny boring Nicole Kidman clones show up with their super classy boring dresses and then you tune into the VMAs and Lil Kim is there with her tit hanging out. Its RAWK N ROLL

Guest chatty kathy
05c570ad.jpg

:lol: Looks like she's making bunny teeth for her bunny ears Pud!

She's looking so fab. Just scrap the bow, save it for GaGa.

Guest BytheBay

i think she looks amazing and luminous. And I love the bow. It goes with the whole ensemble. And I love the color of the dress too.

I love that she took the chance.

Fun is good, but it doesn't have to be unflattering, does it? I mean, seriously - those gloves? Those boots?

You have really bad taste..is all. :fag:

christracy1.gif

i think she looks amazing and luminous. And I love the bow. It goes with the whole ensemble. And I love the color of the dress too.

I love that she took the chance.

Agree actually. I think it would look somehow incomplete without the headgear. It tops it all off nicely.

Well, at least I can smoke.

Ouch.

The Cut, NY Mag's Fash Mag Slags, loved it, calling the look a "cleaning lady moonlighting as a stripper who washed her Xanax down with one too many margaritas before she changed outfits. And it was a genius, if not very attractive". Link

Guest ursaminorjim
The Cut, NY Mag's Fash Mag Slags, loved it, calling the look a "cleaning lady moonlighting as a stripper who washed her Xanax down with one too many margaritas before she changed outfits. And it was a genius, if not very attractive". Link

Biggest eyeroll ever.* What the hell does that even mean?!

*(and that's directed at The Cut, by the way - not you, funkydita)

Yeah. Kinda like when you wear a clown outfit to a wedding and everyone's all, like, "What the fuck?"

It wasn't a costume party, though. It was a gala for The Costume Institute at the Met. :lol:

And Madonna was hardy the only one to go outre. She just did it a little more poorly, that's all.

1c7a0b4d.jpg

And the dress looks like a fucking Project Runway challenge. Twelve yards of silk ruched into a mini-dress for a finger puppet.

kiss my black ass.

:thumbsup:

Guest harbors

NY Magazine: "Madonna shows up looking like a cleaning lady moonlighting as a stripper who washed her Xanax down with one too many margaritas before she changed outfits. And it was a genius, if not very attractive, fashion moment for her and Marc Jacobs, who designed the Louis Vuitton ensemble. Because on a night dedicated to the world's most beautiful women, no one -- especially a non-model -- could win by trying to look the most beautiful. So looking a bit drunk before you actually got drunk wasn't a bad way to steal attention from Kate Moss and her paltry headpiece."

The L.A. Times: "Madonna looks ready for Neverland...is it just us, or does she look like the love child of Tinkerbell and Captain Hook? We have no idea what that twisted, wadded-up turquoise napkin is doing on her head. We haven't seen a hat this silly since Sarah Jessica Parker paraded her acorn-thistle contraption at the " Sex and the City: The Movie" premiere in London."

The London Times: "Her teal-coloured hairpiece -- 'bunny ears' by Louis Vuitton -- was tied around a top knot, making Madonna look more like a glamorous cleaning lady than a fashion icon."

The Huffington Post: "Madonna showed up to the Met ball Monday night in a Louis Vuitton mini, leather zip-up, lace-up, thigh-high platform boots and her hair in a bun on the top of her head. She tied the bun with a hat (rabbit ears?) and added a few classic Madonna touches, like fingerless gloves, a bejeweled cross and arm candy Guy Oseary."

Guest immaculate sanctuary

madonna looks fantastic!!! just gorgeous. i love the whole outfit & her face looks radiant. her body is amazing as always. oh my i love her!!! :inlove: & i totally love the bunny ears! i want a pair!

on a side note~rihanna looks terrible! that "outfit" (?) is just atrocious... :thumbsdown:

Edited by immaculate sanctuary