MICHAEL insults MADONNA in his new tour

didn't Janet eventually say she was annoyed about Madonna saying things about her family? I think Madonna had made a joke somewhere or said they were weird, nothing everyone on earth hasn't already said.

It's been said MJ is annoyed with Madonna in a competitive sort of way. I think Janet is like that too.

You know, I've read on boards over the years all of these alleged quotes from Janet in regard to Madonna, but the only one I've ever actually seen or read myself is the one I posted and the recent one about how Madonna has done wonderful things etc. Not saying she hasn't been catty toward Madonna aside from the Vibe interview, just that I've never actually heard or read her say it.

I've always assumed her Vibe comments stem from when Madonna mentioned something about LaToya and her tit job and when she called Michael a "space alien drag queen" and tried to get him to do In The Closet HER WAY. I guess Janet may have felt Madonna was trying to make a fool of her brother perhaps?

I highly doubt that Janet would have been offended by what Madonna said about LaToya I mean Janet and LaToya have hardly always been on the best of terms. Even Janet has bad mouthed her! I think what Janet said was something very typical of the "Madonna Sex book backlash era". Everyone was slagging Madonna off, and there was probably a hint of jealousy in it as well.

Madonna tried to help MJ, I don't think she was ever quoted saying anything bad about him. She joked about LaToya's tit job on Arsenio- I think Janet was looking for an excuse to dislike her.

Yeah, the "space alien drag queen" quote was probably from some gossip rag, not official. Here is some more "back in the day" trashy gossip from the unauthorized Janet biography from back in the early 90's:

At a recent awards show, Madonna noticed Janet Jackson standing alone in a corner, waiting for directions from a technician. She walked over to her and said, "Must be nice to have nothing to do, huh?" Janet just stared her down. "Oh, lighten up girl," Madonna said as she sauntered away. "You Jacksons have no sense of humor whatsoever." As Madonna turned back toward her and winked Janet looked at her as one would look at an insect that had just crawled out of the salad.

To writer Denise Worrell, Janet summarized her feelings about Madonna quite succinctly. "Aside from dance music, I don't think there's anything whatsoever that Madonna and I have in common. And she doesn't really dance, does she?" Later, using an urban slang phrase, Janet said of Madonna, "She ain't all that. She ain't all that, at all."

You know, I've read on boards over the years all of these alleged quotes from Janet in regard to Madonna, but the only one I've ever actually seen or read myself is the one I posted and the recent one about how Madonna has done wonderful things etc. Not saying she hasn't been catty toward Madonna aside from the Vibe interview, just that I've never actually heard or read her say it.

I've always assumed her Vibe comments stem from when Madonna mentioned something about LaToya and her tit job and when she called Michael a "space alien drag queen" and tried to get him to do In The Closet HER WAY. I guess Janet may have felt Madonna was trying to make a fool of her brother perhaps?

at around 3:40 she is asked about M.

Guest bluejean

I've always been a Janet fan, apart from this decade's work, but I have to say in interviews she's always seemed so fake. She speaks as if butter wouldn't melt in her mouth. Even Michael's personality is 10 times more believable. All her responses are so contrived it's unbearable to watch.

The only thing I remember seeing that was remotely close to M dissing Wacko was at the '94 VMA's. After Wacko kissed Lisa Marie Presley and said "and they said it wouldn't last…". Everyone backstage were talking about the awkward kiss and M said something like "don't you think it's weird how Lisa pulled her face away…?"

Anyway, that's all water under the bridge; dissing someone isn't part of her agenda these days.

She actually was protective of him when asked about the doco Martin Bashir made about him:

"I haven’t seen that documentary [Living With Michael Jackson], but it sounds disgusting, like he [Martin Bashir] exploited a friendship. Publicly humiliating someone for your own gain will only come and haunt you. I can assure you, all these people will be sorry. God’s going to have his revenge."

http://allaboutmadonna.com/madonna-intervi...zine-april-2003

i think madonna's continued success must seriously piss them both off..despite the very occasional mis-step she's been commercially and critically consistant for a much longer time than they have.

did anyone (in the u.k.) see the chaanel 5 show about michael last night? the man has no control over his finances, spending habits, lawsuits etc i think he lacks focus in most things really. madonna has a mind like a bear-trap, which i think is essential in her survival as an artist, businesswoman and generally sane human being. also the programme just proved that michael has an extensive collection of very cheap, tacky and egocentric artwork. the paintings of himself portrayed as a knight and a king (queen?) where just sad (and frankly worthless)

Guest nothingfails0603
didn't Janet eventually say she was annoyed about Madonna saying things about her family? I think Madonna had made a joke somewhere or said they were weird, nothing everyone on earth hasn't already said.

It's been said MJ is annoyed with Madonna in a competitive sort of way. I think Janet is like that too.

I always found it funny that Janet hated Madge over a few casual comments, but then would go on Jay Leno, who made MJ bashing an artform, and would promote her albums on Oprah, when Oprah did a show in 2003 where she basically called MJ a pedophile and how disgusted she was by his Martin Bashir special. How are they okay but a joke Madonna may or may not have said turned Janet on her?

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gR4ibRs6Q8M&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param'>http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gR4ibRs6Q8M&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gR4ibRs6Q8M&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

:catty:

Thanks for posting!

Guest ursaminorjim
lol, what she does "has class to it"- until she lost weight and still sings about her dripping vadge to this day. The Super-Bowl was classy too.

Ha!

Well, at the time in question...I'd have to agree with her. Which isn't a judgement at all, honest. I mean, for all its charms, janet can hardly touch the peaks or match the breadth of Erotica. But Madonna was so preoccupied with being "in your face" with everything that she didn't really step back to consider what it was, exactly, that she was conveying. Her style was trumping her substance (which wasn't exactly helped by the general awfulness and embarassment of both the Sex book and Body of Evidence). But that was nearly 20 years ago, too. Lots has changed.

Anyway - apples and oranges. Who really cares all that much what one thinks of the other?

Although the very notion that Michael Jackson would equivocate Madonna with Hitler...and that people would believe it? Hilarious. :lmao:

Ha!

Well, at the time in question...I'd have to agree with her. Which isn't a judgement at all, honest. I mean, for all its charms, janet can hardly touch the peaks or match the breadth of Erotica. But Madonna was so preoccupied with being "in your face" with everything that she didn't really step back to consider what it was, exactly, that she was conveying. Her style was trumping her substance (which wasn't exactly helped by the general awfulness and embarassment of both the Sex book and Body of Evidence). But that was nearly 20 years ago, too. Lots has changed.

Anyway - apples and oranges. Who really cares all that much what one thinks of the other?

Although the very notion that Michael Jackson would equivocate Madonna with Hitler...and that people would believe it? Hilarious. :lmao:

I disagree..I think what Madonna did was sortof brave..it was way 2 in ur face 4 a mainstream pop star.

So contrived or not, it had quite the edge & I truly believe she was being an artiste/provocatrice.

Wether it worked aesthetically is a different discussion.

But I think Janet was the one who was all style ove substance it was all so oooh aaahh Haägen-Dasz..so fake.

At least now her clit is really moist & warm..make poppa Joe real mad.

Guest ursaminorjim

Oh, I agree it was brave. Just that it was also misguided as well. It all ended up being a huge disservice to a great album, in my opinion.

Guest Coked Up Baby Boy

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gR4ibRs6Q8M&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param'>http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gR4ibRs6Q8M&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gR4ibRs6Q8M&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Miss Janet if you're nasty looks good here.

king of pedophelia reeeeally needs to call 1983/Thriller a day LOL! For heavens sake, aside from the Moonwalk, some great songs from 79-83, a sparkly glove, hideous nose jobs, bleached skin and horrifying pancake make-up, he's really quite vapid and such a DOLT! Guy/thing/creature is a SUPER freak. If he ever tries -- just tries -- to release an album in the U.S. again, it'll make American Life look like Thriller LOL!