Inside Madonna's NY, LA (old and new) & old Miami home

BoogieWoogie

Are we sure those are all Madonna's houses? Where on the site does it say that those pics are from her homes? maybe they're other homes he's done

there are many pics showing paintings of Frida Kahlo hanging on the wall and some others, they are part of Madonna's personal art collection.

Guest Pud Whacker

some rooms are good, overall i think it stinks.

for example - chairs like this:

f6cf6da1.jpg:noway:

z-gallery time.

---

this look great (minus the french piece under the kahlo) :

d56cbd31.jpg

---

other than that too much flowing drapery and ugly shapes and colors. its kind of like when you go into a gay part of town and gays are supposed to be renowned for their style and such but you find the gay ghettos have the worst restaurants and design. that would be chris ciccone, to me.

here around los angeles, diane keaton will go and buy homes and refurbish them to their original state. madonna bought the wallace neff home from her on roxbury and chris totally bastardized it.

the castillo del lago home (striped) is right below the hollywood sign up beachwood canyon. there are heaps of artists and architects that live up there. there was such an outcry from them - not because of the paint job - but because he was removing all the original tiles and replacing them with waht they called "taco bell" tiles. :rotfl:

a lot of light fixtures are beyond ugly. and those cheapo curtain rods...like this shyt:

be5d3cbb.jpg

and whats with these purple stuffed chairs with that gorgeous insane fantastic ceiling? i mean really?

1c83eb86.jpg

Guest Pud Whacker
wow her LA house is splendid. i don't know i am very fond of all the things and looks she had in that period - Erotica, Girlie Show, Body of Evidence and this LA house which appeared in Girlie Talk, my favorite MTV interview ever. and yes indeed that house has a dark and baronial side which I love. but her brother is so talented in what he does i swear. especially how he is combining the colors.

the house of which you speak she gave an interview to some dude named ray from australia during the bedtime stories era. girlie talk was done in a hotel in france. molly interviewed her in her oriole home with the fried breathless hair. and she once did an ET spot from her los feliz home in front of her picasso.

other than that can anyone remember other tv interviews from her home?

Guest Pud Whacker
i agree about that chair.. but who knows she feels like she is an ancient queen or something

:lol:

maybe chris was feeling like the ancient queen. :demonic:

the house of which you speak she gave an interview to some dude named ray from australia during the bedtime stories era. girlie talk was done in a hotel in france. molly interviewed her in her oriole home with the fried breathless hair. and she once did an ET spot from her los feliz home in front of her picasso.

I think he meant the intro 4 Girlie Talk where Juliette Hohnen is shot with Castillo in the background.

Guest Pud Whacker
I think he meant the intro 4 Girlie Talk where Juliette Hohnen is shot with Castillo in the background.

yes. juliette did an exterior shot out there.

yes yes that's what I meant. isn't that her house from LA or Miami? it's my fav house and now seeing the interiors i completely felt in love with it. she has strange and some creepy tastes like me :p

yes it's from Miami. I always lived with the impression that the house which appeared in her Girlie Talk interview is from LA. now that's why i explain why i love "them" so much: this house, that era, Miami, latins, Gloria :p

I wonder why did she sell that home. I know because she's moving here and there but doesn't she have her own place like other celebrities to live in? I mean I know she likes changes but I don't know - a place for her heart, something she's very fond of...

I remember her interview for ET during her geisha look. Is that what you're referring to, Pud?

I also always got the feeling that her 60 Minutes Interview from '99 was shot in her New York apartment. I don't think it was ever stated or anything but just by watching it.

I remember her interview for ET during her geisha look. Is that what you're referring to, Pud?

I also always got the feeling that her 60 Minutes Interview from '99 was shot in her New York apartment. I don't think it was ever stated or anything but just by watching it.

Now that you mention her NY apartment, wasn't that interview from 1996 (or maybe 1995) with Forrest Sawyer for Dateline (in which she talks very touchingly about her mother) in her NY apartment? I think you can see a piano or something in the background. It was around Something to Remember / Evita time. (In fact, she may have even been pregnant with Lourdes by that time, although not admitting it publicly. I can't recall off the top of my head if she'd just finished filming Evita, or if she had landed the role but hadn't started filming yet...)

Guest Pud Whacker

yes, she had the geisha hair!!! and the red jacket!! and great observation - that was her ny apt with ingrid for 60 min. great memory. xoxox :thumbsup:

Guest Pud Whacker
Now that you mention her NY apartment, wasn't that interview from 1996 (or maybe 1995) with Forrest Sawyer for Dateline (in which she talks very touchingly about her mother) in her NY apartment? I think you can see a piano or something in the background. It was around Something to Remember / Evita time. (In fact, she may have even been pregnant with Lourdes by that time, although not admitting it publicly. I can't recall off the top of my head if she'd just finished filming Evita, or if she had landed the role but hadn't started filming yet...)

oh, i think youre right, lets find out!!!

Guest Pud Whacker
Her apartment always looks so damn dark and cave-like in interviews.

:demonic:

heres the ray martin castillo del lago interview...

Guest Pud Whacker
I was watching that last night feeling inspired by this very thread!

:thumbsup:

i love those chairs theyre sitting in!!!

i thought guy gave her the horse for her birthday? hehe

she looks stunning in that interview....and she's so honest and relaxed

Guest insilico

I think there was another interview from her home (LA I guess) and that would be "Dinner with Madonna" for MTV with Kurt Loder in 1991.

Her apartment always looks so damn dark and cave-like in interviews.

yes and i like it so much. i remember seeing some interviews with Gloria Estefan at her house in Miami and she always put candels, more light, almost everything white around her...Into The Light you know... :lol:

...i like it more in the Madonna way ;) it's more mysterious.