Another LV compain?

elijah

madonna-for-lv-01__opt.jpg

Oh, hellz yes!

Madonna has been asked to participate in yet another campaign for French fashion house Louis Vuitton!

Madge will be joining photographer Steven Meisel for the shoot - the same photog who shot M's fabulous contribution to LV's Spring-Summer 2009 campaign!

We can't wait!!!

http://perezhilton.com/2009-04-16-strike-a-pose-2#respond

HUNG UP: It looks like Madonna, who’s featured in Louis Vuitton’s spring-summer fashion campaign, will do an encore for the French luxury giant. According to sources, the pop icon will reunite soon with photographer Steven Meisel for the shoot. Meanwhile, look out for another familiar and famous face in Balenciaga’s next campaign. Word has it actress Jennifer Connelly, who appeared in Balenciaga ads last spring, has been tapped again by designer Nicolas Ghesquière.

— Miles Socha

http://www.wwd.com/media-news/#/article/me...-2106647?page=2

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Danny86

Confirmed by Madonna.com:

April 28, 2009

Madonna And Louis Vuitton Part Deux

Madonna will once again be the face of the upcoming Louis Vuitton campaign for their Autumn/Winter 2009 collection.

Following the extraordinary success of the Spring/Summer 2009 ad campaign, Louis Vuitton, its creative director Marc Jacobs, and Madonna, are proud to announce they will be collaborating for a second consecutive season.

The iconic pop star will be photographed by Steven Meisel in New York City, under the art direction of Marc Jacobs.

The first images of the campaign should appear in August issues of fashion magazines.

Guest ursaminorjim

Really? You think?

I dunno. He takes pretty enough pictures, but they rarely have any depth or soul to them.

Guest ursaminorjim

Thanks, cos. :thumbsup:

But...well, I still am underwhelmed, frankly. Again, there's some absolutely gorgeous photos in there, but I just get zero emotional response from them. She just looks so empty!

:(

Sorry!

Really? You think?

I dunno. He takes pretty enough pictures, but they rarely have any depth or soul to them.

Sorta agree with you He's great but certainly not the best! But he's way better than Klein at this stage.

Meisel is a fashion photographer (and a genius one at that), not Henri Cartier Bresson, looking for the decisive moment. Fashion photography is all about tableaux and fantasy. The images from their frist LV campaign were beautiful and iconic...as they were intended to be. Anyone looking for warm fuzzy emotions in a fashion editorial is a special kind of person. I can't wait to see what they cook up for this new campaign.

Oh, and that last VF cover and editorial were awesome.

Meisel is a fashion photographer (and a genius one at that), not Henri Cartier Bresson, looking for the decisive moment. Fashion photography is all about tableaux and fantasy. The images from their frist LV campaign were beautiful and iconic...as they were intended to be. Anyone looking for warm fuzzy emotions in a fashion editorial is a special kind of person. I can't wait to see what they cook up for this new campaign.

Oh, and that last VF cover and editorial were awesome.

:thumbsup:

They created some wonderful images in the past,

but 4 his last VF cover with M, i say:

BANNED 4 LIFE. :americanlife:

Wow. That seems a little harsh. (Testino would be the most in danger of being banished, I'd say, after the recent Versace campaign debacle. Meisel's work is much more tolerable than that. And I do love Testino's previous work with her.)

When I first saw the VF cover, I thought it seemed too environmentally-conscious/green/earth day obvious. But I was TOTALLY missing the "Atlas re-invented" angle/layer to the image. I have a new-found respect for it. And the whole shoot has an interesting feel to it. It doesn't have as much life to it, no. It's more of a slick look. I agree more with afrolito -- about it being more editorial fashion photography.

I loved the last LV campaign. Gorgeous. As Madonna says (in the LV 'making of' featurette), "Let's eat at HER restaurant!"

Guest Pud Whacker
Banned my ass. I love he Meisel. but the last Louis Vuitton shoot too much airbrushed.

cherilyn - YOURE BANNED!!! farewell, my friend...

15045-large.jpg