Sarah Jessica Parker has good taste

acko

"My favourite concert was Madonna's Girlie Show way back in 1993, I saw her live in NYC and it was amazing, I have been to every single tour she has done since, she is amazing!"

from Network Rail No.1 (UK, May Issue)

& on that note...

OOOh

21.jpg

JUSTIFY-1.jpg

47478296wr6.jpg

TheGirlieShowticket.jpg

She looked hot during TGS. No one ever seems to agree with me, but I loved that dyke look.

And JML was epic. Just fucking epic!

I love Your Avatar

Don't you mean "Sarah Parker gave horse face?"

<object width="500" height="405"><param name="movie" value="

name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="
type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="500" height="405"></embed></object>

:lmao:

:lmao:

P.S: your siggy is horrible.

Guest nothingfails0603

there was one Sex And The City episode where she was dressed up like Virgin-era Madonna in a scene or two. It was the episode where Steve found out Miranda was pregnant.

Besides that, I thought there was a similarity in looks with ROL-era Madonna and late 90's SJP.

Guest Danny86
Yes Yes Yes

Maybe it's too sophisticated 4 u :fag:

I can see why not everyone would be into the too much Erotica songs, the simple stage (compared to BAT) and the continuous vintage Hollywood rip offs.

I love the second half of the show, "Justify My Love" is one of her best performances ever, but I think the first half didn't stand the test of time, it's too much Erotica for me. And that opening is one of her weakest. Also, even though it was a great band, they made a mistake with doing the radio remix of "Rain" instead of the amazing album version. :thumbsdown:

I can see why not everyone would be into the too much Erotica songs, the simple stage (compared to BAT) and the continuous vintage Hollywood rip offs.

I love the second half of the show, "Justify My Love" is one of her best performances ever, but I think the first half didn't stand the test of time, it's too much Erotica for me. And that opening is one of her weakest. Also, even though it was a great band, they made a mistake with doing the radio remix of "Rain" instead of the amazing album version. :thumbsdown:

I disagree, even if the songs aren't all classics she reached her zenith as stage performer here.

She's in character & devours the stage throughout..she's never been this soulful before or since.

These days it's almost as if she's walking through a production as her own

seperate entity :americanlife:

Plus it's her best live singing 2 date..she actually sounds human on this tour.

Guest Danny86
I disagree, even if the songs aren't all classics she reached her zenith as stage performer here.

She's in character & devours the stage throughout..she's never been this soulful before or since.

These days it's almost as if she's walking through a production as her own

seperate entity :americanlife:

Plus it's her best live singing 2 date..she actually sounds human on this tour.

I'm not debating her energy and soul, but in the end, the concept of most of the show is Madonna imitating other famous people. It's entirely possible that nobody else could have pulled it off as good as she did, but I don't see why a show like this would be the best representation of her live performance career. And yes, I know she's influenced by others most of the time, but on GS it went too far. I remember one fan commenting that "Everybody" is the best performance because she breaks free from Christopher's concepts and choreographies by then.

I don't think it's a coincidence that her usual markets (North America & EU) didn't get much of this show...

About her vocals, songs like "Fever", "Rain" or "Express Yourself" sounded shit on some shows. It was an improvement after BAT vocals, but still so far from the DWT/RIT voice.

Oh and the show only had 15 songs, since then it's the average 20 with the addition of guitar segment/songs, probably Madonna herself realized she can't fill a whole show with "showgirl" numbers?

Amazing tour, it's Madonna wrapped up in a two hour bubble; aggressive, vulnerable, sexy, robotic, human, postmodern, old school, hard, soft, over the top, subtle, intelligent, sophisticated, crass, queer, original, homage etc. etc.

And the only show I've seen on the opening night. I remember hearing her sound check, which was crazy exciting.