Madonna's Malawian Adoption: Appeal to The Supreme Court

Bitch

Oh my gosh, the SUN wrote this? this is so beautiful to read. it really made me happy, at least one tabloid is writing something positive and something that sounds to be remotely true.

Yeah, but apart from the sources who told about the meeting with Mercy, The Sun didn't forget to trash her.

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/showb...icle2349649.ece

I'm usually pretty nonchalant about stuff like that, but reading about how that little girl anticipated M's and the kids' arrival and how very sweet the meeting was made me sad; knowing how much crap she got from the media. :(

Daily Mail interviews the father and he says he hasn't met David yet, yet the sun claims the fatherdid meet him. Both are quoted.

maybe it's a cultural thing to dump your kids in an orphanage then remarry and get a couple of new kids that you DO keep. I can't stand Davids biological father..he's dump as fuck.

I LOVE the picture of David waving to the other kids..it really touches me yet it's also funny like "don't come close you poor little dirty bastards"

I think her taking her kids with her to Malawi is just an example of how good of a mother she is. I wish my mom would have showed me something like this..then I problably wouldn't be so selfish lol.

I hate the fact the press is so negative about her..she really is the most hated celebrity in the world if you look at the tabloids or read the gossip blogs.

I do think she should speak out more. if the adoption laws in malawi need to change and it is THAT important to her then give interviews to every major network and take them with you on your journey instead of having all these falls reports come out.

i dont get the deal with the grandmother though... if there is another family member wanting to raise the child (the grandmother) then situation solved... there would be no reason for an adoption.... why doesn't the grandmother raise her?

because she doesnt have any money. I swear these people fuck around yet aren't willing to look at the consequences.

so, she doesn't want the girl to be adopted, yet she doesn't want to adopt her herself? people in third world countries are uber weird :vanitybonet:

anyone remember all the criticism she got for being pregnant when those rumors were going on a few years ago? i remember clearly in my head that critics told her to adopt instead. even fans told her to.

I LOVE the picture of David waving to the other kids..it really touches me yet it's also funny like "don't come close you poor little dirty bastards"

:lol:

That's what I was thinking too.

Guest nuttin_fails

I just checked out some other articles from that "journalist" (Sue Carroll, The Mirror) She's just mean and vicious!!

Edited by nuttin_fails

Indeed. Her article doesn't allow for a comment, perhaps they're afraid of being reminded what an idiot she is...

Well, the bad press continues, even what Madonna wears is a point for attack! Madonna is damned any other way with these people, and I bet had she worn a $2 shirt and a $5 pants, she'd be accused of being a fake, patronizing bitch..

Madonna adoption: Star's Chanel tracksuit raises eyebrows in Malawi

Madonna has been accused of courting sartorial controversy after touring an impoverished Malawian school dressed in a $2800 (£2000) Chanel tracksuit.

By Caroline Hedley in Los Angeles

Last Updated: 1:52AM BST 31 Mar 2009

The 50-year-old singer, who is in the African country to adopt a four-year-old girl, chose a casual $1600 (£1150) velour jacket and matching $1200 (£850) trousers from the French fashion house to walk around the educational facility, the Huffington Post reports.

She arrived in the developing nation with daughter Lourdes and sons Rocco and David on a private Gulfstream V jet on Sunday. It is not known where Madonna started her journey, but a return trip from New York on the luxury aircraft could cost in excess of £200,000.

Madonna is hoping to adopt orphan toddler Chifundo James, whose name translates to 'Mercy' in English, as a sibling for three-year-old son David Banda Richie. She adopted David in Malawi in 2006, while still married to film director Guy Richie. The couple's eight-year union ended in divorce last November.

On Monday, a coalition of non-governmental organisations in the African country held a press conference to voice opposition to the superstar's latest adoption attempt.

"We feel Madonna is behaving like a bully," Undule Mwakusungula, chairman of the Human Rights Consultative Committee, said. "She has the money and the status to use her profile to manipulate, to fast-track the process."

In a statement, the coalition appealed to the star to use her immense wealth to assist her would-be daughter, Mercy, in her native country.

"Mercy James is a child who has her extended close family members alive and we urge Madonna to assist the child from right here," it read.

Madonna appeared in the capital Lilongwe's High Court for about an hour on Monday, reportedly to ask for an "interim" adoption of around 18 months.

The judge's ruling has been adjourned until Friday.

:manson:

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/newstopics...-in-Malawi.html

Nevertheless, Madonna and her children (esp. Lourdes who is just wow!) look fabulous! :thumbsup:

Why does she want to adopt another child? I find it really unsettling. Doesn't she think her nannies have a tough time already?

But seriously, it's not like madonna is going to be a 'real' mother in any sense of the word to this new addition, and i'm highly dubious of her current capacity for david, and even her youngest biological child.

Sure she has the financial aspect taken well care of, but a child's emotional development is even more critical, and requires a stable ubiquitous nurturing figure.

Its tantamount to child abuse to treat the rearing of children as a novelty. Either scale back on your career (ie. YOURSELF) and make them your priority, or don't bother. I might be terribly cynical, but i find the guise of 'humanitarian' speciously wafer thin. And if it was so the case, then you could instead provide financial support to the area and support many children - instead of this charlie bucket golden ticket deal. In the end you want to encourage growth and stability in the country and help put in place systems that will ultimately make a social impact and change - not isolated one time deals bereft of any real progress and change.

The media is obsessed with M.

They are but the truth is the vast majority of the public don't really give a shit about this adoption. They have their own problems to worry about. The world is in an economic crisis for God's sake. They can bash and bash Madonna but at the end of the day it's just a waste of space cuz no one really cares.

I just checked out some other articles from that "journalist" (Sue Carroll, The Mirror) She's just mean and vicious!!

PURE ENVY - she was slagging off Jade Goody a few weeks back saying she shouldn't be flaunting her illness, even if it was to secure her sons' future.

Its tantamount to child abuse to treat the rearing of children as a novelty. Either scale back on your career (ie. YOURSELF) and make them your priority, or don't bother.

In the end you want to encourage growth and stability in the country and help put in place systems that will ultimately make a social impact and change - not isolated one time deals bereft of any real progress and change.

There are a couple of points I take issue with in your argument. For instance, my mum went back to work when I was six weeks old, leaving me with a childminder for around 10 hours per day, I certainly don't feel worse off for it. Was I not her priority? Did she treat me as a novelty? Should she not have bothered having me?

With regard to supporting Malawi, encouraging growth and stability etc. isn't that exactly what she's attempting through Raising Malawi and SFK? I was initially suspicious of the K involvement in Malawi but my opinion has changed somewhat since watching I Am Because We Are. She's certainly doing more for that region than I or anyone else I know (even when taking into account the enormous differential in our personal wealth) and that, to me, is to be applauded.

Guest BytheBay
Why does she want to adopt another child? I find it really unsettling. Doesn't she think her nannies have a tough time already?

But seriously, it's not like madonna is going to be a 'real' mother in any sense of the word to this new addition, and i'm highly dubious of her current capacity for david, and even her youngest biological child.

Sure she has the financial aspect taken well care of, but a child's emotional development is even more critical, and requires a stable ubiquitous nurturing figure.

Its tantamount to child abuse to treat the rearing of children as a novelty. Either scale back on your career (ie. YOURSELF) and make them your priority, or don't bother. I might be terribly cynical, but i find the guise of 'humanitarian' speciously wafer thin. And if it was so the case, then you could instead provide financial support to the area and support many children - instead of this charlie bucket golden ticket deal. In the end you want to encourage growth and stability in the country and help put in place systems that will ultimately make a social impact and change - not isolated one time deals bereft of any real progress and change.

how are you able to make any of those suggestions without knowing ANYTHING about what happens behind closed doors?

And why should M have to stop working? Other mothers don't. And how can you sit there and tell her not to do what she is doing? What are you doing, besides criticizing, to help with the situation?

No offense because I truly don't mean to attack you in any way, but how is that any of your business? It's the same as if you'd question middle class women who want to adopt, we also don't know their home situation, for all we know those so called "middle class" families have nannies aswell and have already adopted four kids and have two kids of their own, just saying. If that's what those people want, then that's their business. I don't think we have to question someone's motives to adopt unless it's really suspicious.

That people question Madonna for maybe avoiding a few rules, okay, let them question it, but I think her motives are more than obvious, she simply loves kids and because she might be too old to get some of herself, she decided to adopt, not only it gives her a child, it also brings that child out of a devastating situation. It's win win. For example, I don't think she'd adopt a second time after going through the worst publicity she ever went through in the hope to gain "respect" or get positive publicity, because she knows more than anyone else that that isn't going to do her any justice.

No offense because I truly don't mean to attack you in any way, but how is that any of your business? It's the same as if you'd question middle class women who want to adopt, we also don't know their home situation, for all we know those so called "middle class" families have nannies aswell and have already adopted four kids and have two kids of their own, just saying. If that's what those people want, then that's their business. I don't think we have to question someone's motives to adopt unless it's really suspicious.

That people question Madonna for maybe avoiding a few rules, okay, let them question it, but I think her motives are more than obvious, she simply loves kids and because she might be too old to get some of herself, she decided to adopt, not only it gives her a child, it also brings that child out of a devastating situation. It's win win. For example, I don't think she'd adopt a second time after going through the worst publicity she ever went through in the hope to gain "respect" or get positive publicity, because she knows more than anyone else that that isn't going to do her any justice.

Well said add she wants to help people!

shut the fuck up!