The new song on the tour - any guesses?

jonski43

According to Guy's response on twitter the tour will pretty much be the same but with one new surprise?

Anyone got any ideas? I really don't know what she will do. What was the track she sang the most in the request section? OYH, EY, DYU?

Guest Topaz Scorpio

Hopefully Dress You Up since she hasn't performed it as an official part of a setlist since The Virgin Tour (I'm not counting it being in pre tour setlist choices for RIT).

Guest dicktracy

My first instinct is that it will be her new single to promote the GH3. It makes sense to promote it with the tour since given that the song is probably not ready yet and she will rush to make a video (probably another dancing by herself video like HU and GI2M) in between tour rehearsals. But if she were to use an oldie... my guess would be Who's That Girl since she probably knows by know (through Guy's Twitter) that her fans are dying to have that include in the GH3. I wouldn't be surprised if she did Dress You Up though. I think Express Yourself would stay a request song.

I don't think it should be a new single. Some people were complaining there were too many new songs already. I think it definitely needs to be an oldie. Perhaps Like A Virgin, Dress You Up or Express Yourself.

I'll probably be slammed for this, but I wasn't that crazy about the request section. I thought it was kind of silly and chaotic to do an acapella version of a song. I wouldn't mind if the request section was eliminated and a full band rehearsed version was done of an old song instead.

Guest dicktracy

Btw, does anyone think that she's going to do the "added" song as an encore?? I loved how at the end of the show they would play Holiday. That would be an awesome encore. But she has done that twice (WTGT and RIT). So if I were to pick a song, it would be Bedtime Story. It would fit the trance section and she would end the tour with "and all that you've ever learned, try to forget. I'll never explain again..." Game Over.

These are other songs that I would consider as being good encore songs:

Everybody

Holiday

Over and Over

Open Your Heart

Where's The Party

Causing a Commotion

Deeper and Deeper

Bedtime Story

Don't Tell Me

What other songs would make a good encore?

If she has got any sense she will choose either Holiday or Express Yourself.

:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: Yes, that's if she has any sense. With our luck we'll get a rock n roll express yourself mashed with La Isla pela tute with a sample of 4 mins.

Guest Danny86
If she has got any sense she will choose either Holiday or Express Yourself.

The show already has several of her biggest, most recognizable hits, it's not like we're talking about a DWT-type show here, so I don't see why it would be "not having any sense" if she added an album track for the fans (something that was already rehearsed, like "Impressive Instant" or "Waiting") or a brand new song. Personally, I think "Holiday" is a dead horse and I'm glad she stopped beating it five years ago.

Guest bluejean

I personally think it should be a mega hit after Give it 2 me at the end to close on.

And I'm thinking the likely choice would be Holiday. Of course, none of her hardcore fans want this, but the vast majority of the audience will go CRAZY if she does this in its classic form.

Guest Danny86
I personally think it should be a mega hit after Give it 2 me at the end to close on.

And I'm thinking the likely choice would be Holiday. Of course, none of her hardcore fans want this, but the vast majority of the audience will go CRAZY if she does this in its classic form.

It's an European tour and "Give It 2 Me" is the perfect closer because it was a hit in many EU countries.

Also, outside the UK, "Holiday" is not exactly an ACCLAIMED megahit like in the US. Definitely not on the same level with "La Isla Bonita", "Like A Prayer", "Frozen" or "Hung Up".

"Holiday" was fine for the RIT which was mostly an US tour.

It's an European tour and "Give It 2 Me" is the perfect closer because it was a hit in many EU countries.

Also, outside the UK, "Holiday" is not exactly an ACCLAIMED megahit like in the US. Definitely not on the same level with "La Isla Bonita", "Like A Prayer", "Frozen" or "Hung Up".

"Holiday" was fine for the RIT which was mostly an US tour.

Really? Have you watched IGTTYAS? Her performance of Holiday in Lisbon goes down a storm and there is a clip of the crowd singing along.

When she goes out on the catwalk above the crowd they are a cheering and going crazy. She RUINED HU and ROL with her dreadful guitar playing.

It would be nice to hear a classic in its orginal form with NO guitar playing!

yeah she should re-work Hung Up. even though i loved every bit of the live show i guess Hung Up was expected to be some of her GRAND dance performances. anyway, if not in this tour im certain it will be more worked for her next tours.

On paper the final section sounded perfect but 4 Mins and that dreadful rock version of HU was dire. ROL wasn't much better. She sounded terrible on the parts of GI2M she sang live. What should have been an amazing end to the show fell flat. LAP was the only song she nailed. HU needs to go back to the glorious disco version that made it such a smash hit.

I really love GITM as the last song. I know I'm in the minority, but I like all the guitar playing and the rock version of Hung Up. The version she did at the promo concerts was bad, but the version in the tour itself was very enjoyable.

As I said before, I'm not into the request section. I think it sounded silly and a little unprofessional to sing a song acapella without the band playing the music. I would replace that with one of the most requested songs as Express Yourself or Dress You Up.

It would be nice to do one of the new songs from the GH album, but the problem is the record comes out in September and the tour is before then so people haven't really had a chance to hear the new songs and get into them. So for that reason I don't think it would be a great idea to do one of the new songs.

Really? Have you watched IGTTYAS? Her performance of Holiday in Lisbon goes down a storm and there is a clip of the crowd singing along.

When she goes out on the catwalk above the crowd they are a cheering and going crazy. She RUINED HU and ROL with her dreadful guitar playing.

Isn't that footage from Paris? but I know the point your making! Same as on BA, WTG and GS really...goes down well in every country!

Isn't that footage from Paris? but I know the point your making! Same as on BA, WTG and GS really...goes down well in every country!

I thought it was footage from Lisbon. Anyway here is the clip

:thumbsup: This has been my point for the longest. The MAJORITY of the audience which most of the time are casual fans will go crazy for Holiday or Express Yourself. Give it to me IMO is mixed well for the tour but as U said, a mega hit should go at the end.

:bow: :bow: :bow::clap: :clap: :clap::rosey: :rosey:

THANK YOU!!!!

Guest Spotlight

It could be the new song off of Timbaland's album, but more likely it's the new single from the GH.

Maybe Impressive Instant or DCFMA.

i would love if she added that studio version of Impressive Instant/ Burning Up that leaked as another song or replacing Ray of Light or Hung Up.

The Get Stupid Interlude will definitely change as its no longer relevant to today's politics...it would have to be altered because it is there to precede 4M in the whole idea of saving the world. The interlude there would have to be political still i think. Unless she gets rid of 4M altogether and just uses it for Vogue...i would prefer that and she does anther song instead in its place...