Madonna Greatest Hits: Hopefully Out By Fall

A freelancer in WHAT, this orlando open person?

And if the album isn't due in September, the first single probably wouldn't be out soon.

I remember seeing his name on the American Life single -- I just looked at the liner notes now and it said "Remixes coordinated by Orlando Puerta."

So. Whatever it means to be the remix coordinator. Who knows what all that involves -- whether it means making sure she has a well-rounded group of remixers, or helps pick them, contact them, etc. (I think his name was in the Remixed & Revisited EP too, but...) I don't know AL was when he came on the scene or if that's just the moment I remembered seeing his name.

So maybe he's picking remixers for "Celebrate"? We already know there should be an extended Oakenfold mix.

This has been reported on another website. True or false I don't know but I like the tracklist.

'Madonna unveils 'ICONOGRAPHY', due for release September 14'

3 Discs. 3 Decades. 50 Hits. One Artist.

DISC 1 The 1980’s

1. Holiday

2. Lucky Star

3. Borderline

4. Like A Virgin

5. Material Girl

6. Crazy For You

7. Into The Groove

8. Dress You Up

9. Live To Tell

10. Papa Don’t Preach

11. True Blue

12. Open Your Heart

13. La Isla Bonita

14. Who’s That Girl

15. Like A Prayer

16. Express Yourself

17. Oh Father

DISC 2 The 1990’s

1. Vogue

2. Hanky Panky

3. Justify My Love

4. Rescue Me

5. Erotica

6. Deeper and Deeper

7. Fever

8. Secret

9. Take a Bow

10. Bedtime Story

11. Human Nature

12. Don’t Cry For Me Argentina

13. Frozen

14. Ray of Light

15. Nothing Really Matters

16. Beautiful Stranger

DISC 3 The 2000s

1. American Pie

2. Music

3. Don’t Tell Me

4. What It Feels Like For A Girl

5. Die Another Day

6. American Life

7. Hollywood

8. Hung Up

9. Sorry

10. Get Together

11. Jump

12. 4 Minutes

13. Give It 2 Me

14. Miles Away

15. Broken (I’m Sorry)

16. Celebrate

17. Revolver

Inclusive of JML & RM will kill her best selling GH TIC.

I still think *new* songs should remain on their original compilation.

:confused: They were hits. This is a collection of hits. From an album, from a soundtrack, from a compilation... a hit is a hit is a hit.

Why would it matter that they originated on a compilation? The inclusion of the fifteen classics from "Holiday" to "Vogue" on this new compilation would risk killing sales of The Immaculate Collection before "Justify My Love" alone would. The forthcoming release is likely meant to be the dominant, definitive Madonna compilation. "Killing" The Immaculate Collection thereby falls under the objective.

there is nothing left to kill... might as well include it in a new compilation that will be "bought" by casuals

there is nothing left to kill... might as well include it in a new compilation that will be "bought" by casuals

I don't think killing the IC is necessarily a bad thing? She's had nearly 20 more years of work since then and a new compliation including old and new will help expose this newer work to a broader audience and help people investigate her more recent work.

:confused: They were hits. This is a collection of hits. From an album, from a soundtrack, from a compilation... a hit is a hit is a hit.

Why would it matter that they originated on a compilation? The inclusion of the fifteen classics from "Holiday" to "Vogue" on this new compilation would risk killing sales of The Immaculate Collection before "Justify My Love" alone would. The forthcoming release is likely meant to be the dominant, definitive Madonna compilation. "Killing" The Immaculate Collection thereby falls under the objective.

Yes I know..but we need rules :fag:

plus her previous shit needs some catalogue life..

So is there any news yet?? Single release dates? GH release date? Anything? How about who she'll be working with for her first album with LN?

anyway..3 chronological discs containing material from all decades is a lot cooler don't you think..

Not saying this should b the tracklist..& I can't c 'em doing a 3 disc but whatever..

DISC 1

01. Everybody

02. Lucky Star

03. Material Girl

04. Dress You Up

05. La Isla Bonita

06. Like A Prayer

07. Vogue

08. This Used To Be

09. Erotica

10. Bedtime Story

11. Frozen

12. Beautiful Stranger

13. Music

14. Die Another Day

15. Jump

16. Miles Away

17. *New Track*

DISC 2

01.Burning Up

02.Like A Virgin

03.Into The Groove

04.Open Your Heart

05.Live To Tell

06.Who’s that Girl

07.Keep It Together

08.Express Yourself

09.Deeper & Deeper

10.I’ll Remember

11.Take A Bow

12.Human Nature

13.What It Feels like for a Girl

14.Hollywood

15.Sorry

16.*new track*

17.4 Minutes

DISC 3

01.Holiday

02.Borderline

03.Angel

04.Crazy For You

05.True Blue

06.Papa Don’t Preach

07.Oh Father

08.Justify My Love

09.Rain

10.Secret

11.Drowned World

12.Ray Of Light

13.Don’t Tell Me

14.Nothing Fails

15.Hung Up

16.Give It To Me

17.*New Track*

So is there any news yet?? Single release dates? GH release date? Anything? How about who she'll be working with for her first album with LN?

no...i think it will be postponed later than september.

Guest Johnkm

September always seemed quite early, at least to me, especially given that she will have just finished S+S 2.0, to go straight into *promo*, if we can call it that, would be a bit much.

Guest Danny86

Actually I doubt if "killing" other compilations is a relevant thing, not even the TIC is selling as much as it used to and STR not in a long time ago, so it won't matter if "JML" or "YS" are included, it's not like people will buy the full old CDs because of those songs these days.

Guest Danny86

This is a 10 day old quote from Stereomover, haven't seen this posted here:

William is just updating some of his mixes for WB.

The upcoming GH is aimed at fans.

The songs on the comp are not necessarily full-on commercial hits, but fan favorites.

The commercial hits are what TIC and GHV2 are for.

This compilation is so much more.

Mirwais and a couple of her other collaborators (along with some new ones) are also involved.

I can't wait to see what comes of it.

More details to come.

This is a 10 day old quote from Stereomover, haven't seen this posted here:

William is just updating some of his mixes for WB.

The upcoming GH is aimed at fans.

The songs on the comp are not necessarily full-on commercial hits, but fan favorites.

The commercial hits are what TIC and GHV2 are for.

This compilation is so much more.

Mirwais and a couple of her other collaborators (along with some new ones) are also involved.

I can't wait to see what comes of it.

More details to come.

Interesting but when they say a compilation for the fans, I don't necessarily believe that as the fans have asked for singles and just been given other releases instead. It sounds like PR speak for "Madonna's decided to remix some of her old songs but not all of them were hits so we will call them fans' favourites instead."

Fortunately, I pretty much like everything she has ever done so I expect I will like most of it. I just don't like the lame PR that is so often not true. Also, I like the idea of the old producers coming back and tweaking their songs to improve them rather than radical overhauls.

I'm really looking forward to this release now.

Madonna leaves Warner Brothers and they allow her to put out a career spanning GH collection with "fan favourites"....? Seems unlikely! Madonna is definitely not an artist who has tracks that can be described as "fan favourites", since there's barely a track in existence that her fans universally love. Even the "obvious" choices like "Like A Prayer" have their detractors. I hope this is just a rumour....!

Guest Danny86

^I'd say fan favourites like "Drowned World" or "Get Together" instead of huge but forgotten hits like "This Used To Be My Playground" or "American Pie".

I always thought that the "for the fans" concept was possible, because this GH is not going to sell that much, no matter what, but if it's new stuff for the fans instead of TIC rehash, at least they are going to buy it. And remember Guy Oseary asked for tracklist suggestions on Twitter, if they really wanted to include her biggest 30 hits, they could have just looked at her US or UK chart history...

Guest dicktracy
^I'd say fan favourites like "Drowned World" or "Get Together" instead of huge but forgotten hits like "This Used To Be My Playground" or "American Pie".

I always thought that the "for the fans" concept was possible, because this GH is not going to sell that much, no matter what, but if it's new stuff for the fans instead of TIC rehash, at least they are going to buy it. And remember Guy Oseary asked for tracklist suggestions on Twitter, if they really wanted to include her biggest 30 hits, they could have just looked at her US or UK chart history...

:clap:

Guest Danny86

Anna: as for the new compilation, no new photoshoot has been made as of yet. nothing definitive about a first single, let's wait with that.

Anna: as for the new compilation, no new photoshoot has been made as of yet. nothing definitive about a first single, let's wait with that.

yep, that's what i thought. i think it will be after the tour is over. not so soon.

That means jack. They did a poll to ask for the third single off Music - Impressive Instant won. We got WIFLFAG. We wanted Nothing Fails, the radio stations were playing Nothing Fails, we got Hollywood then Love Profusion then a lame ass release way too late. We wanted Jump, we got is the fourth single. We wanted Beat Goes On, the radio stations were playing Beat Goes On. We got Miles Away.

They release whatever they want and can say it's what we want as how can we counter it?

We will get what we get and then we can all come back here and analyse it to death for the next 18 months. :rant:

Guest Danny86

^I thought this was already discussed. ;)

"WIFLFAG" was named as the 2nd single even before fans heard the CD, then it got pushed to the 3rd with "DTM". The poll was about the 4th single and I believe "II" and "Amazing" got the most votes. Then there was that disagreement between Madonna & Warner, they did want to honor the fans with a 4th single, they remixed "II" and all...

The AL poll was for the 3rd single, "LP" and "NF" got the most votes, however, Madonna said "NF" would be the 3rd single on the day of the album release. In the end they released both (in some countries it was at the same time) but "NF" didn't get a video, which was most likely because Warner preferred "LP".

For COADF and HC they never asked what fans wanted as singles, "Jump" was on the album sticker but it got bumped down for the 4th single, because "GT" sold more downloads up to that point. "MA" was a single choice since day zero, Madonna herself confirmed that in a radio interview before the album leaked, "BGO" was never meant to be a single, it was just fans wishing, but they never asked if we preferred "BGO" over "MA".

This time around, with Twitter it's different, I doubt Guy would ignore the suggestions. I think he asked for tracks that should "definitely" be there.

You're right, in the end, we will get what we get, I'm sure the album will be filled with Madonna's choices (like "HN") but I still think there's a bigger possibility for turning it into a for the fans release based on Twitters, instead of them reading fan forums about debates which songs are her biggest ever hits. Same for the comments about the TIC or new mixes, would be really surprised if they taken such comments into account.

^I thought this was already discussed. ;)

"WIFLFAG" was named as the 2nd single even before fans heard the CD, then it got pushed to the 3rd with "DTM". The poll was about the 4th single and I believe "II" and "Amazing" got the most votes. Then there was that disagreement between Madonna & Warner, they did want to honor the fans with a 4th single, they remixed "II" and all...

The AL poll was for the 3rd single, "LP" and "NF" got the most votes, however, Madonna said "NF" would be the 3rd single on the day of the album release. In the end they released both (in some countries it was at the same time) but "NF" didn't get a video, which was most likely because Warner preferred "LP".

For COADF and HC they never asked what fans wanted as singles, "Jump" was on the album sticker but it got bumped down for the 4th single, because "GT" sold more downloads up to that point. "MA" was a single choice since day zero, Madonna herself confirmed that in a radio interview before the album leaked, "BGO" was never meant to be a single, it was just fans wishing, but they never asked if we preferred "BGO" over "MA".

This time around, with Twitter it's different, I doubt Guy would ignore the suggestions. I think he asked for tracks that should "definitely" be there.

You're right, in the end, we will get what we get, I'm sure the album will be filled with Madonna's choices (like "HN") but I still think there's a bigger possibility for turning it into a for the fans release based on Twitters, instead of them reading fan forums about debates which songs are her biggest ever hits. Same for the comments about the TIC or new mixes, would be really surprised if they taken such comments into account.

Thanks for that. I had not seen the full story. I think LP got a video as it tied in with the perfume it was promoting. Big waste of NF though as it was the one song picked up from the start. However, I thought BGO was on stickers of the CDs implying some sort of release?

Ulitmately, I suppose it comes down to respecting an artist releases what they want rather than just the most obvious choice for commercial gain. I can't wait for this album though as it sounds interesting.

ch songs are her biggest ever hits. Same for the comments about the TIC or new mixes, would be really surprised if they taken such comments into account.

I don´t know in your country, but in Spain HC as a sticker on the front´and it mentions 4 minutes and BGO

Guest Danny86

Forgot about the HC sticker, yeah, that's on every copy. But I thought the general consensus was that "BGO" was named on the sticker so they could show off the Kanye West collaboration.

But "BGO" was never listed as a "highlight" on the Warner release sheet, it was always just the 3 singles. And it was reported from the Warner listening party that Madonna stated that "BGO" is just a fun song and is not meant to be a single. So yeah, I'd say the whole thing was decided even before we could pick our choices for singles.

Actually I doubt if "killing" other compilations is a relevant thing, not even the TIC is selling as much as it used to and STR not in a long time ago, so it won't matter if "JML" or "YS" are included, it's not like people will buy the full old CDs because of those songs these days.

Very true. I think WB could easily get away with including tracks from Something to Remember like You'll See and I'll Remember on a new 3 CD release...along with the alleged 3 new tracks of course.

Guest bluejean

What is the point in making it "for the fans." The fans already have all these songs apart from the new ones.

I think that would be a dumb thing to do, they should include her biggest hits and not filler like Drowned World and Get Together. Those songs were not hits and don't belong on a Greatest Hits. This Used To Be My Playground for example, does.