Madonna Greatest Hits: Hopefully Out By Fall

Mathew Rettenmund (Encyclopedia Madonnica) is claimg the title IS Iconography, and that it will now be released September 22, instead of the planned 9-15. Mathew is also working on the Madonna BOOK, of which he says: Book: Basically, there will be an ultimate collection of images of Madonna, official. That is the gist of it. But it is said to be comprehensive beyond belief.

I still liked "The Second Coming" but she missed that chance with GHV2.

I hope there are lots of pics of all her obscure releases. I love the collection side of Madonna. Also, I hope they don't just reproduce images we have seen but pic out shots from shoots that we haven't seen.

Guest Pud Whacker

I hope there are lots of pics of all her obscure releases. I love the collection side of Madonna. Also, I hope they don't just reproduce images we have seen but pic out shots from shoots that we haven't seen.

:thumbsup:

she could still have it for the comprehensive collection!!! :thumbsup:

I agree, GHV2 should have been The Second Coming and this collection The Resurrection. Maybe they can keep that for the posthumous box set. There's also Revelations that needs to be used.

I agree, GHV2 should have been The Second Coming and this collection The Resurrection. Maybe they can keep that for the posthumous box set. There's also Revelations that needs to be used.

Revelations would also be an excellent choice!

The alpha and the omega. Amen!

What are you gonna do!!!!!!!!!!!! :dramatic:

Guest Pud Whacker
Revelations would also be an excellent choice!

The alpha and the omega. Amen!

What are you gonna do!!!!!!!!!!!! :dramatic:

LOVE IT!!!

If i were to name the album i would have to go with something that incorporates "Queen Of Pop" since with Michael's death and her being heavily referenced. I think more people would be curious to buy Madonna's Greatest Hits. There are kids that aren't familiar with Madonna as they were with MJ. It could be a good business decision.

Maybe they can keep that for the posthumous box set.
:noway:

I agree, GHV2 should have been The Second Coming and this collection The Resurrection. There's also Revelations that needs to be used.

Wow, perfect for our good 'ol Catholic girl! :D

If i were to name the album i would have to go with something that incorporates "Queen Of Pop" since with Michael's death and her being heavily referenced. I think more people would be curious to buy Madonna's Greatest Hits. There are kids that aren't familiar with Madonna as they were with MJ. It could be a good business decision.

Madonna should never use Queen of Pop title officially, that title should be only be used to describe her by others or when poking fun at herself (like the 2 queens joke in rit doco). Michael believed his press in the 80's and that was part of his problems. When the ego is that big it can easily be manipulated by others and it cannot channel creative energy, demanding to be called a certain title at awards shows etc is just losing the plot. I prefer my megastar with a little humility.

Edited by roma

NEW SINGLE "OBSESSED" NOT TAKING OFF AT RADIO

Two weeks after the premier of her single "Obsessed", Mariah Carey is having a hard time getting commercial airplay for the single. Within the past week, the song had less than 12 million radio impressions. It's not bad, but a new Mariah Carey single usually gets to over 35 million impressions within a two-week period. The song is actually growing decently on Urban and Rhythmic radio, but doing very poorly on CHR/Pop.

Mariah's fans have told this column that the add date for the song at pop radio has been moved to late July and that's the reason why it's not taking off right away. However, several people working at radio tell us that "add dates" don't mean anything and that radio stations have had access to "Obsessed" for two weeks. When an add date changes for a newly released song from a major superstar, the news is usually pretty bad.

But this is no reason for Mariah to go into breakdown mode like she did in 2001 when "Loverboy" failed to take off at radio. For one thing, the song has received excellent reviews, especially by Billboard magazine, which claims that Mariah Carey has clearly found a new comfort zone that could very well produce her 19th No. 1 hit.

Many are suggesting that if airplay doesn't increase, the song may be severely deeply discounted like Mariah's "Loverboy", which almost topped the charts when it was reduced to the price of 49 cents. Others are saying that Mariah will repress the availability of downloads for the song until August so the song can chart higher. Mariah Carey has always been praised for her ability to manipulate Billboard's music charts so her songs can become big hits even if they technically really aren't hitting.

(Examiner)

I like Iconography - I just hope they don't subtitle it - The Greatest Hits but they couldn't in the US anyways as she's not exactly had many this decade. The title also suggests that it will only be the definitive hits that make the cut so we're looking at a 2 disc set.

This has been reported on another website. True or false I don't know but I like the tracklist.

'Madonna unveils 'ICONOGRAPHY', due for release September 14'

3 Discs. 3 Decades. 50 Hits. One Artist.

DISC 1 The 1980’s

1. Holiday

2. Lucky Star

3. Borderline

4. Like A Virgin

5. Material Girl

6. Crazy For You

7. Into The Groove

8. Dress You Up

9. Live To Tell

10. Papa Don’t Preach

11. True Blue

12. Open Your Heart

13. La Isla Bonita

14. Who’s That Girl

15. Like A Prayer

16. Express Yourself

17. Oh Father

DISC 2 The 1990’s

1. Vogue

2. Hanky Panky

3. Justify My Love

4. Rescue Me

5. Erotica

6. Deeper and Deeper

7. Fever

8. Secret

9. Take a Bow

10. Bedtime Story

11. Human Nature

12. Don’t Cry For Me Argentina

13. Frozen

14. Ray of Light

15. Nothing Really Matters

16. Beautiful Stranger

DISC 3 The 2000s

1. American Pie

2. Music

3. Don’t Tell Me

4. What It Feels Like For A Girl

5. Die Another Day

6. American Life

7. Hollywood

8. Hung Up

9. Sorry

10. Get Together

11. Jump

12. 4 Minutes

13. Give It 2 Me

14. Miles Away

15. Broken (I’m Sorry)

16. Celebrate

17. Revolver

This has been reported on another website. True or false I don't know but I like the tracklist.

DISC 1 The 1980’s

1. Holiday

2. Lucky Star

3. Borderline

4. Like A Virgin

5. Material Girl

6. Crazy For You

7. Into The Groove

8. Dress You Up

9. Live To Tell

10. Papa Don’t Preach

11. True Blue

12. Open Your Heart

13. La Isla Bonita

14. Who’s That Girl

15. Like A Prayer <- album version this time around and not that lame TIC mix!!

16. Express Yourself

17. Oh Father Cherish

DISC 2 The 1990’s

1. Vogue

2. Hanky Panky Justify My Love

3. This Used to Be My Playground

4. Rescue Me Erotica

5. Deeper and Deeper

6. Rain

7. Fever Secret

8. Take a Bow

9. Bedtime Story

10. Human Nature

11. Don’t Cry For Me Argentina

12. Frozen

13. Ray of Light

14. The Power of Good-Bye <- The fact that this one wasn't included in the rumored tracklist, while NRM is, just makes me question that list. TPOGB was a big hit in many places and should obviously be included.

16. Beautiful Stranger

DISC 3 The 2000s

1. American Pie

2. Music

3. Don’t Tell Me

4. What It Feels Like For A Girl Die Another Day

5. Hollywood (Jacques Lu Cont's Thin White Duck Mix)

6. American Life Hung Up

7. Sorry

8. Get Together

9. 4 Minutes

10. Give It 2 Me

11. Jump Broken (I’m Sorry) ?

12. Celebrate ?

13. Revolver ?

Bonus tracks (songs that should have been singles):

14. Miles Away Till Death Do Us Part

15. Time Stood Still

16. Nothing Fails <- I know that this one was technically a single, but it never really got the "single treatment", so I barely count it as an official release.

17. Beat Goes On

Some adjustments :thumbsup: (though still keeping the same amounts of tracks as in the previous tracklist)

But I think the previous tracklist is fake anyhow.

I like the rumored title and I think a 3CD-box, divided into the decades, would be a good idea indeed.

DISC 1 The 1980's

1. Holiday

2. Lucky Star

3. Borderline

4. Like A Virgin

5. Material Girl

6. Crazy For You

7. Into The Groove

8. Dress You Up

9. Live To Tell

10. Papa Don't Preach

11. True Blue

12. Open Your Heart

13. La Isla Bonita

14. Who's That Girl

15. Like A Prayer

16. Express Yourself

17. Oh Father

DISC 2 The 1990's

1. Vogue

2. Hanky Panky

3. Justify My Love

4. Rescue Me

5. Erotica

6. Deeper and Deeper

7. Fever

8. Secret

9. Take a Bow

10. Bedtime Story

11. Human Nature

12. Don't Cry For Me Argentina

13. Frozen

14. Ray of Light

16. Beautiful Stranger

DISC 3 The 2000s

1. American Pie

2. Music

3. Don't Tell Me

5. Die Another Day

6. American Life

7. Hollywood

8. Hung Up

9. Sorry

10. Get Together

11. Jump

12. 4 Minutes

13. Give It 2 Me

14. Miles Away

15. Broken (I'm Sorry)

16. Celebrate

17. Revolver

OH MY... This may be good BUT, I dread to know the price this will have... There will be certifications galore though...

and DISC 1 and 2 needs to be revised... FEVER over RAIN?!?!?! NOTHING REALLY MATTERS is there yet no I'LL REMEMBER?!?!?! OH FATHER over CAUSING A COMMOTION and CHERISH?!?!?!?

According to Mario (MadonnaTribe webmaster), "Iconography" is *not* the working title of the hits collection ("it's something...more obvious") and that it is *not* scheduled for release in September - the S & S DVD is the September release. He's "unable to comment" further at this stage.

That tracklist looks like BS- OF is terrific, but including it on a career-spanning set and not including "Cherish," and TUTBMP and IR both MIA? Same for the aforementioned TPOG.

According to Mario (MadonnaTribe webmaster), "Iconography" is *not* the working title of the hits collection ("it's something...more obvious") and that it is *not* scheduled for release in September - the S & S DVD is the September release. He's "unable to comment" further at this stage.

Mr. Bigham, you were the first that mentioned the September release date. What's your excuse? :queenbitch:

it's something...more obvious

Hits it is then.

Oh and :lmao: at that tracklisting but it could be true - it would be just like Madonna to fill a disc with flops at the expense of bonafide hits. That said, I doubt she'd include American Pie and surely Rescue Me will be left off to maintain sales of TIC.

Guest dicktracy

DISC 1 The 1980’s

1. Holiday

2. Lucky Star

3. Borderline

4. Like A Virgin

5. Material Girl

6. Crazy For You

7. Into The Groove

8. Dress You Up

9. Live To Tell

10. Papa Don’t Preach

11. True Blue

12. Open Your Heart

13. La Isla Bonita

14. Who’s That Girl

15. Like A Prayer

16. Express Yourself

17. Oh Father

DISC 2 The 1990’s

1. Vogue

2. Hanky Panky

3. Justify My Love

4. Rescue Me

5. Erotica

6. Deeper and Deeper

7. Fever

8. Secret

9. Take a Bow

10. Bedtime Story

11. Human Nature

12. Don’t Cry For Me Argentina

13. Frozen

14. Ray of Light

16. Beautiful Stranger

DISC 3 The 2000s

1. American Pie

2. Music

3. Don’t Tell Me

5. Die Another Day

6. American Life

7. Hollywood

8. Hung Up

9. Sorry

10. Get Together

11. Jump

12. 4 Minutes

13. Give It 2 Me

14. Miles Away

15. Broken (I’m Sorry)

16. Celebrate

17. Revolver

Pretty decent... The 80's CD is missing Cherish. The 90's doesn't need Rescue Me, it should have been TUTBMP. I'm ok with Fever over Rain or Bad Girl. I also love that Nothing Really Matters replaces TPOG so the disc doesn't get too slow. Disc 3 is perfect since there's nothing missing.