Madonna Greatest Hits: Hopefully Out By Fall

Guest Pud Whacker
Madonna has always gained younger fans throughout the highs and lows of her career - one of my friends was 9 when Erotica came out and that's how he go into her and it remains his favourite album to this day. I remember being in a record shop in January 1993 and some little black girl was clutching a copy of Erotica saying that it had all her favourite songs on it, including Bye Bye Baby, but her mother opted to buy her TIC instead.

As long as she keeps making music she'll always be CURRENT - even if her AGEING FANS who can't keep up with her don't like what she's doing. She'll be dead before she becomes one of those acts like Abba, who appeal to new generations via their back catalogue - she really does have ETERNAL YOUTH.

:thumbsup:

Madonna has always gained younger fans throughout the highs and lows of her career - one of my friends was 9 when Erotica came out and that's how he go into her and it remains his favourite album to this day. I remember being in a record shop in January 1993 and some little black girl was clutching a copy of Erotica saying that it had all her favourite songs on it, including Bye Bye Baby, but her mother opted to buy her TIC instead.

As long as she keeps making music she'll always be CURRENT - even if her AGEING FANS who can't keep up with her don't like what she's doing. She'll be dead before she becomes one of those acts like Abba, who appeal to new generations via their back catalogue - she really does have ETERNAL YOUTH.

:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

the 1st paragraph is exactly my story: me being 9 in 1992, wanted to buy Erotica album, my fav album so far, my mom bought me TIC instead and now. :inlove:

Yes, Madonna has discovered the eternal youth.

Guest christian
Madonna to take fans back to the '80s with ‘Hits'

Madonna has been busy lately dealing with legal procedures to adopt another child from Malawi. Yet the hurdles blocking the adoption of Mercy James, cleared last week when a Malawi court granted Madonna permission for the adoption, were not enough to prevent the trendsetting artist from focusing on what she does best -- making music that tops charts and sets new trends.

while ecstatically anticipating the arrival of the newest member of her family, Madonna is also gearing up for the summer 2009 leg of her Sticky & Sweet World Tour, which kicks off July 4 in London. As the Material Girl's fans throughout Europe wait impatiently to see her perform live at 30 locations as part of the tour, which runs though Sept. 2, official news of Madonna's upcoming album is likely to make fans even more enthusiastic.

Madonna's upcoming best-of album, titled “Hits” and scheduled for release this September, will include two brand-new dance songs, according to sources close to the artist. One of these songs is “Celebration,” an '80s-style dance song that will make music lovers reminisce about Madonna's 1983 breakthrough hit single “Holiday.” The second new song to be featured on the album, another dance tune, is titled “I'm Sorry,” but has nothing to do with her 2005 pop-dance hit “Sorry,” which was featured on “Confessions on a Dance Floor.” Madonna is collaborating with DJ-record producer Paul Oakenfold on the new songs.

The same sources also say Madonna is not entirely satisfied with her latest album, “Hard Candy,” released in April 2008. Although the album and the accompanying Sticky & Sweet World Tour have been commercially successful, Madonna is recording new songs for her upcoming compilation because she wants to forget about “Hard Candy” and return to the “disco era” with an '80s touch in “Hits,” sources say. “Hits” will be Madonna's first greatest hits compilation since 2001's “GHV2.”

http://www.todayszaman.com/tz-web/detaylar...7&bolum=110

\

I DONT BELIEVE THIS STORY! same old , same old story! nothing is new.. some are they just want madonna to stay disco forever- lol. cant moved on. Madonna moved on. If she goin back to her old school disco style, she might goin bankrupt! youknowwhatimsayin?? not a career wise..

A brilliant post, QB! Well said! :thumbsup:

not at all fussed what it's called, what's on it or the whole project - M merely going through contractural obligations with her ex record label...sooner its released the better; she can then hopefully move on to more 'natural' progressive musical choices in the near future... :thumbsup:

I agree 100%, I'm only 18 years old and I've been a Madonna fan since I was nine. My Brother was working for a radio station and they gave him some spare discs that they didnt need and one was Music (the single) and ever since I heard that song Ive loved her music.

When HC came out and Hung Up, my mates who didnt like Madonna before all had songs from HC and Hung Up and Sorry on their Ipods.

:thumbsup:

:queenbitch:

That's exactly why she will never just "fade away" like so many acts today. Madonna keeps up with everything, she is unique and original, and she knows how to fit in with the times. She is a timeless act, legendary.

Guest superman
That's exactly why she will never just "fade away" like so many acts today. Madonna keeps up with everything, she is unique and original, and she knows how to fit in with the times. She is a timeless act, legendary.

VERY WELL SAID!! - but do you know who will be the next Madonna? that would be Lady Gaga, her live performance in Video Awards in Canada was groundbreaking!! - those flaming bra!! shocking!! a bra with a flaming fire inside, now thats ORIGINAL!!!

Guest bluejean
Since "Secret" wasn't a worldwide megahit with its original version, would it make sense to use the Junior Vasquez Remix? It was supposedly played to death on MTV and could fit with her current dance music obsession.

No way, it seemed cool back then but that remix is so tacky compared to the original.

VERY WELL SAID!! - but do you know who will be the next Madonna? that would be Lady Gaga, her live performance in Video Awards in Canada was groundbreaking!! - those flaming bra!! shocking!! a bra with a flaming fire inside, now thats ORIGINAL!!!

I'm sure GaGa is going to be huge, but I don't think she's going to have the impact that Madonna has had on the world. Madonna truly broke down barriers and set the bar very high for other female pop acts. GaGa is the closest anyone has come to Madonna's originality.

And I hope the news about the GH being scrapped is false, I was really excited to hearing those new songs! :(

And where was this supposed post about the GH being scrapped? Hard to believe that, especially since that will be her last project with WB.

fale news cupcake, if it was true sweetie, then there would have already been 5 threads on the topic pookie

k hun?

someone further up said there had been no news so lets start some false rumours and someone did! Trouble is they didn't choose to say something so outrageous we would know it was a joke!

RUMOR:

UKMix:

I have just heard from a very reliable source of Warner Music Spain that the title of the upcoming compilation will be "ICONOGRAPHY", being the release date set up on September 22nd.

:wow: