Madonna Greatest Hits: Hopefully Out By Fall

They say it might end up like "BGO", the song everyone expects to be released as a single, but never happening.

Alot of Pharrell fans were surprised that BGO was never released. They all loved it.....

Guest nothingfails0603
THAT IS THE REASON WHY MADONNA TRYING TO GET THIS MARKET, these are the people who bought Cd's dowloaded songs, Itunes etc.. etc... and presto!! make big money!! - THE WORLD IS CHANGING!!

no one cares about flamboyant sounds made by Paul O. -- sure no Dj play this kind of music on the radio.. its not the same anymore as it was used to be. again, the music is changing as so the people.. if you are a business minded person, you need to save your ass.

Money is NOT being made on iTunes. 99 cents barely turns a profit when you consider how many ways it's divvied up. Touring is where the money is made, but 1 CD sell is still equivilent to 10 downloads.

Guest nothingfails0603
all songs from Lady Gaga, Kathy Perry is all has R&B/Pop/hip-hop influence., we cant deny that!! - the world is changing and so as the people or the listeners.

if you play those Kelly Minogue songs (oh yak! god no) - radio DJ's will trashed it, i swear to god, they will all be sick by listening to it.

I think you're a troll taking the piss. But I fail to see how Kylie's last two albums are so different than Gaga and all the other dance-pop getting airplay. You probably have only heard Can't Get You Out Of My Head with your opinion on her, All I See wasn't r&b? Body Language and X didn't have the pop/r&b/hip-hop/dance influence?

Guest Danny86
Where on Madonnatribe?it's not on the news, so if it's in the forum it's not like it was confirmed by them.

Yes, in the forum, by the webmasters, they didn't post it in news because it's most likely subject to change, but they never post "unconfirmed" stuff on forum either. Anyway, Anna more or less said the same 2 weeks ago, it's only Stereomover who kept saying June 30th and that only Oakenfold tracks would be on the GH.

Lil Wayne's album is out on August 18th, so I can see his label not allowing the Madonna feat. Lil Wayne single to be out at the same time.

I wonder if there will be a surprise i.e. Revolver - Lil Wayne feat. Madonna?! :1251:

i hope that we get a rerelease of a classic single too. when 'the immaculate collection' came out i loved the 'crazy for you' and 'holiday' reissues (the record sleeves alone were amazing!) i'd like to see a release of the 'sticky and sweet' version of 'like a prayer' i think i'm more interested in the promotional campaign than the actual album. whatever happens, madonna has the biggest wealth of quality hit singles to make an amazing greatest hits collection

Guest Danny86

^Not to discourage you, but lately several of Madonna's new songs failed to get any attention, so I don't see the reason to re-release a classic hit. "LAP" 2008 would be good for the Hot Dance / Club Play chart I guess...

As for promo, unless some drastic change happens with Madonna and Warner, I'd expect nothing at all. Madonna does not need to promote a GH other than releasing a new song and filming a video, and judging by the promo Warner spent on HC, I can imagine them just throwing the GH out there, like they did with GHV2.

For almost 2 years, it has been treated as a contractual obligation, other than Guy Oseary deciding to turn it into a "gift for the fans" project with adding new songs and asking tracklist suggestions, I think it's going to be an uneventful release.

Guest superman
^Not to discourage you, but lately several of Madonna's new songs failed to get any attention, so I don't see the reason to re-release a classic hit. "LAP" 2008 would be good for the Hot Dance / Club Play chart I guess...

As for promo, unless some drastic change happens with Madonna and Warner, I'd expect nothing at all. Madonna does not need to promote a GH other than releasing a new song and filming a video, and judging by the promo Warner spent on HC, I can imagine them just throwing the GH out there, like they did with GHV2.

For almost 2 years, it has been treated as a contractual obligation, other than Guy Oseary deciding to turn it into a "gift for the fans" project with adding new songs and asking tracklist suggestions, I think it's going to be an uneventful release.

Honestly, billboard hot dance is not really recognized as an achievement - what we need is to see Madonna being no. 1 again at the top 100 billboard chart and not the hot dance club play - for me this is nothing as zero or nada!! radio airplay is a big thing for any artist. seriously

Guest superman
I think you're a troll taking the piss. But I fail to see how Kylie's last two albums are so different than Gaga and all the other dance-pop getting airplay. You probably have only heard Can't Get You Out Of My Head with your opinion on her, All I See wasn't r&b? Body Language and X didn't have the pop/r&b/hip-hop/dance influence?

yeah , HELOOOOOOO that was so nineties and forgetable, nobody play that song on the radio, ever,!! except for g@y clubs...

WE ARE TalKING ABOUT 2009 taste of music.. heloooooooooooo?????

THE WORLD IS CHANGING!!! and dont forget Beyonce is started it all..

Guest nothingfails0603
yeah , HELOOOOOOO that was so nineties and forgetable, nobody play that song on the radio, ever,!! except for g@y clubs...

WE ARE TalKING ABOUT 2009 taste of music.. heloooooooooooo?????

THE WORLD IS CHANGING!!! and dont forget Beyonce is started it all..

All I See was last year, NOT 90's. Your opinion on Kylie is based on songs that she did in 2001. If Janet recorded All I See (which I think reminds me of a midtempo Janet track) nobody would dispute that it sounds like r&b music. Body Language was precisely the same blend of r&b, pop, dance, hip-hop and 80's music that Gwen and Nelly made millions off it, it just came out at the wrong time. Even most of X isn't that different than what Lady GaGa is sending up the charts.

Anyways, I still think you're just someone here posing as a troll for shits and giggles. Hard Candy outselling COADF on what planet?

True, i'd be shocked if there will even be a 2nd single from the GH. I doubt it, I think she's just gonna deal with the 1st single and be done with it. But I don't think she'll be doing no promo, I could see her going on a couple shows like Ellen or Letterman right before the GH is released. Hopefully she'll do at least that.

Guest superman
All I See was last year, NOT 90's. Your opinion on Kylie is based on songs that she did in 2001. If Janet recorded All I See (which I think reminds me of a midtempo Janet track) nobody would dispute that it sounds like r&b music. Body Language was precisely the same blend of r&b, pop, dance, hip-hop and 80's music that Gwen and Nelly made millions off it, it just came out at the wrong time. Even most of X isn't that different than what Lady GaGa is sending up the charts.

Anyways, I still think you're just someone here posing as a troll for shits and giggles. Hard Candy outselling COADF on what planet?

let me tell you this, CODF was never a huge hit!! - the tracks all failed to make it to the top.. hung up track was placed only no. 7 spot while 4 minutes reach no. 3 spot at the U.S billboard not to mentioned the downloads, itunes etc.. was huge success. and HC continue to sell until this moment.

Guest superman
Alot of Pharrell fans were surprised that BGO was never released. They all loved it.....

i know they loved it and so as BGO was never released , inspite of that - it was voted from famous magazine over all best songs of 2008 - surprised! surprised! BGO was no. 2 as the best single of 2008 although have not release officially. Such a waste!! its a great song - a killer track!!

and take note: this was never happened before in a long time - a single from Madonna was voted as the best track of 2008. that is BGO!! - im impressed, imagine out hundreds single release last year, BGO was single out!!!! bravo!!

Guest superman

oh please CODF album made for her gay fans only. so please... its about time Madonna have to move on.. to the mainstream..she gained more younger fans now including straight guys!! ...im serious!! lol

Guest SuperPop
oh please CODF album made for her gay fans only. so please... its about time Madonna have to move on.. to the mainstream..she gained more younger fans now including straight guys!! ...im serious!! lol

:manson: stop TROLLING the thread you prick

I think she'll do the VMA's

Would be nice. But we dont know if the the VMA's will be before or after the S&S tour

Guest superman
:manson: stop TROLLING the thread you prick

you freak!! dont tell me what do to or else u eat sh#t u mother foooker!!! dowg, whatsyeahsayin?

I kind of hope she doesn't. That show is gone down hill so fast in the past few years, it's beyond ridiculous. The last semi-decent one was 2006.

Don't they usually have it the first week of September? I wonder if she would even have time to rehearse a new number even if she did want to perform.

the 2008 VMA's was an improvement in ratings or viewers (forget which one) from the 2007 show

She should perform. great exposure for the song, and if the performance was announced, can you imagine how much anticipation there would be for the performance??

That's a pretty generalized statement. I'm a straight guy fan of Madonna and I loved Confessions. I like the overall disco theme of it and it feels very retro. Music isn't specifically made for any sexuality.

I hope so, she'd blow the roof off the place. I'm not Rihanna's biggest fan so last year's VMA opening was underwhelming to me.

The 2009 VMAs will be held September 13, 2009. Plenty of time to put something together.

A medley would be great, no it would be better than great, it would be amazing. But M would never do that. I doubt she will do anything. She only cares for touring.

Guest superman

you should drink that PISS

Guest superman
That's a pretty generalized statement. I'm a straight guy fan of Madonna and I loved Confessions. I like the overall disco theme of it and it feels very retro. Music isn't specifically made for any sexuality.

straight? you mean your finger were straight? u make me laughed, get real!!!

I hope so, she'd blow the roof off the place. I'm not Rihanna's biggest fan so last year's VMA opening was underwhelming to me.

Guest superman

THATS A LIE, - but i accept your untrue opinion..

yeah your finger were straight , get real for pitt sake!