Madonna Greatest Hits: Hopefully Out By Fall

Guest harbors
Who cares about it being a huge hit in the US anymore i don't. Give me a GREAT TRACK and it will be huge everywhere except the US. She's still relevant everywhere around the world(they will play it on radio).

A hit in the US at this point is just an added bonus like 4 Minutes was.

OK, according to you, she should give up the US. Btich is no longer relevant there no matter what she does. "cough" Hard Candy "cough"

'get together' is the perfect song to get ready to go out to. total madonna classic! if the new single is anywhere near as good i'll be very happy. as for being no.1 in the u.s. who cares! i would like an x factor appearance though (madonna week) and a total media onslaught too..although i'm not getting my hopes up on that one

Guest ursaminorjim

"Get together" is a great song (particularly where it sits on the album), but a bad single. Great video, though, best one from that album.

And what's this about "Revolver" not being released? Who said that? Does that come from that Annie?

Guest superman
No not really but i don't really care for the US market anymore it's polluted with utter shit.

I HATE THAT SONG, ITS TOO GAY!! made for gay clubs

may i remind everyone that M fans are now in 2 categories the newbies and the old school - the old school loves the flamboyant , electronic style. while the newbies - some straight guys became a fan loves R&B POP, hiphop style and thats what madonna does , you cant imagine how many young generation joined the wagon , she gained more younger fans now, and thats good for her, because she knows what the best for everybody, gay or straight..

Guest superman

AND TRUST ME IF REVOLVER BECAME NO.1 HIT - THIS THREAD WILL COME DOWN IN PEACE.. everyone are happy.. she needs no. 1 hit single in the U.S, since like what? MUSIC single?

let the revolver do the miracle.

Guest superman

do you think Madonna cares? what her gay fans wants? - she rather do her own music to save her ass, the mainstream that is!! after all she is smart business woman. otherwise if she continue doing what her gay fans wants then she might ended up in bankruptcy file, LOL...

and dont forget where you liked it or not - HC album is continue to sells - getting more and more copies..very, very successful album, and wait do i hear outsold CODF album??

Guest superman

Lost? i dont think so, if you been to her concert lately - you would noticed more and more young generation crowds, young people, fresh new energy Madonna fans, lost? give me a break..

she can replaced with new batches a millions times, (straight guys, dude!!) trust me!!!...... and here we are keep longing for her, you see we never lost, or gone we are just around the corner waiting for her no. 1 hit!!

Guest hot revolver

well i guess her u.s. market appeal has dried and now her uk one is dwindling now too. she doesnt have radio support and and low sales :(

Guest superman
well i guess her u.s. market appeal has dried and now her uk one is dwindling now too. she doesnt have radio support and and low sales :(

that is why she is turning a different pathways.. low sales? nope!! as we all know all sales went down.. since from last year. recession, recession!! take not all artist did not quite do well at the album sales..

Guest superman

no support for her because she is old, but she is trying to prove that wrong. its called agesim. She can only change that by changing her style of music or mainstream style and working with some famous R&B artists is a big factor, you know what i mean, CAREER WISE, baby!! and i salute for her!! - i would do exactly the same, if im in the music business. otherwise Madonna wont lasts this long.. take example for Cyndi Lauper, Pat Benatar or Sheena Easton, where are they now? did they manage to keep their status?

gosh i love M!! she is smart business woman.

Guest superman
do u think she'll tour for the gh next yr??

i dont think so, there were only few new songs in that album she probably doing soundtrack for new moon part 3, who knows.. and i can see she will make another big bucks this year, as usual..

there was a rumor about she is doing some songs from new moon, but i think she is too busy for that, for her upcoming 2nd leg concert. but there is another sequel for new moon, part 3 (its confirmed) and i probably Madonna will do some soundtrack for this movie.

Guest nothingfails0603
you cant imagine how many young generation joined the wagon , she gained more younger fans now, and thats good for her, because she knows what the best for everybody, gay or straight..

there's a double edged sword with that. People love courting younger fans, but younger fans generally don't care enough for an artist to buy the whole album, they just pick and choose the songs they want to download. A 13 year old sounds attractive on paper because they're a perfect age for advertisers while a 30 year old isn't, but a 13 year old will never care enough for an artist to want the whole thing, they'll just download one or two songs while the older fan will actually buy the entire thing. Just look at Lady GaGa, she should be well passed 900k but she mainly is popular with an audience who doesn't know what the concept of a full-length album is.

Guest nothingfails0603
and dont forget where you liked it or not - HC album is continue to sells - getting more and more copies..very, very successful album, and wait do i hear outsold CODF album??

HC is at 715k, COADF is over 1.6m stateside, with a new GH album and the downturn in sales, hell will freeze over before HC catches up and outsells COADF.

Who cares about it being a huge hit in the US anymore i don't. Give me a GREAT TRACK and it will be huge everywhere except the US. She's still relevant everywhere around the world(they will play it on radio).

A hit in the US at this point is just an added bonus like 4 Minutes was.

Well I do. The US continues to be the worlds biggest music market so it IS important that her music does well here. I'm not content with Madonna's music being large everywhere else in the world EXCEPT for US/North America. When songs like SORRY hit #1 in "x" amount of countries but fail to go top 40 here I'm still disappointed!

Guest nothingfails0603
Well I do. The US continues to be the worlds biggest music market so it IS important that her music does well here. I'm not content with Madonna's music being large everywhere else in the world EXCEPT for US/North America. When songs like SORRY hit #1 in "x" amount of countries but fail to go top 40 here I'm still disappointed!

I agree. If you fail to crack America, it's always seen as a bigger deal than if you fail to break Europe or wherever. Everyone knows Robbie Williams only got maybe a toe or two in the door in the US for a brief moment while he's a worldwide superstar while only Madonna fans seem to notice that Janet, one time a huge US superstar, was never a major star in Europe or Latin America.

I think it's time to accept the fact that no matter if we unanimously (or almost) like an album or if the critics unanimously like an album, M is going to STRUGGLE to get to 1 million in the states from now on. That's just the way it is now. When is the last time Madonna was a top 20 year end seller for one of her US albums anyways?? It's the worldwide totals that count and Hard Candy was indeed the number 9 selling album in the world in 2008. Again, we can compare her sales with the "hot artists" of any era from LAP on and Madonna ALWAYS falls short. Her latest album is a top 10 year end seller, her latest tour is the top grossing tour ever, 4M is her only double platinum single in the US aside from Vogue......where is the career slump??

If ya don't like it don't listen to it. If she's crossed the line and you are over her.....be over her. If the thought of her cooing "my sex is a killer" to Lil Wayne in a song makes you want to vomit....move the fuck on. Jeezus these discussions are so tired. GET THE FUCK OVER IT!

HAPPY FUCKING FRIDAY! :)

Guest nothingfails0603
I think it's time to accept the fact that no matter if we unanimously (or almost) like an album or if the critics unanimously like an album, M is going to STRUGGLE to get to 1 million in the states from now on. That's just the way it is now. When is the last time Madonna was a top 20 year end seller for one of her US albums anyways?? It's the worldwide totals that count and Hard Candy was indeed the number 9 selling album in the world in 2008. Again, we can compare her sales with the "hot artists" of any era from LAP on and Madonna ALWAYS falls short. Her latest album is a top 10 year end seller, her latest tour is the top grossing tour ever, 4M is her only double platinum single in the US aside from Vogue......where is the career slump??

If ya don't like it don't listen to it. If she's crossed the line and you are over her.....be over her. If the thought of her cooing "my sex is a killer" to Lil Wayne in a song makes you want to vomit....move the fuck on. Jeezus these discussions are so tired. GET THE FUCK OVER IT!

HAPPY FUCKING FRIDAY! :)

hmm, I wasn't attacking M or HC "flopping", but the fact that younger fans aren't like us in the sense that they don't see albums as cohesive collections of songs by an artist and just download the songs they want, whereas we (mostly people over 21-25+) will buy the whole kit and caboodle if we like the songs. Every single person I know who has actually bought Gaga's album are 25+, the tweenyboppers say they love her but only download her songs and IMO that is sad because most albums have great songs that aren't meant for radio consumption.

Guest bluejean

The point is that although Lady Gaga has a solid album she is not marketed toward an audience that typically buys albums.

Britney, Madonna, Kylie etc are also in the same category. Madonna became a singles AND albums artist in the late 80's and through the 90's and into this decade. In recent times it has become harder to sell albums, and so the 'Hard Candy' project has put Madonna in the singles artist category. Hopefully she can move beyond that with the next album.

I agree with Nothingfails, that is sad that an artist like Lady Gaga has some good solid album tracks that just won't be heard. Really, singles now are becoming mere adverts since no money is made from them whatsoever. Selling single songs on itunes, they may as well give them away if they're not selling albums with it.

But Lady Gaga with her persona and stage antics is likely to generate interest as a touring act in the longterm. So those unheard album tracks will get exposure on stage at least.

Guest Danny86

People buying albums are now the minority, compared to people who only buy singles. It's not just new artists or "single artists", it's almost everyone except the usual ones, like U2, AC/DC, Metallica, and country acts...

Madonna was always singles-driven, just that back then it was the thing to buy full CDs. When Music sold 11 million on the back of 2 singles, there were teen pop acts that sold a million albums in a single week, because that was the thing back then, and labels refused to issue singles. Now we went to the complete opposite, the vast majority is not going to buy filler songs, no matter if the are actually filler, or great songs.

As I said in another thread, Madonna has got one of the biggest contracts in the music business at the moment, so LN will make sure she remains as marketable as possible. And I always said that Madonna remained relevant because she always captured newer fans, so I'm sure the next project will be all about one or two strong singles, just to make sure people will be interested to check out her latest tour. It's possible they would invest more money in videos because of Internet promo, but I don't see Madonna plugging her album at Oprah, AI etc, because all the effort won't bring the proper revenue, and no matter what some still believe here, relevance and popularity is not based on album sales now, in the case of Madonna, the label will not care if she only sells 700k as opposed to 1 million, as long as she has a single selling above a million, and a highly successful tour.

It is going to piss off certain fans who "aged together" with Madonna, but they will always go to her shows and most of them will buy what she does, so LN will be more interested in aiming to get newer fans...

I think "Revolver" would be a good idea as the first single, it would be a big hit, and it would make at least some people check out the GH, which I really don't expect to sell in big numbers. I read comments that it's going to do better than GHV2 because of new songs, and most likely better tracklist, but if it outdid GHV2, then it would have to be among the year's 3 bestsellers worldwide, and I just don't see that happening with a GH.

when was the last time madonna had a us no.1? 9 years ago?

and even 4 min didn't manage to become no.1

how the hell would madonna get a us no.1 now?!!

i think that madonna getting a no.1 one in america is no longer a part of reality :noway: