Madonna Greatest Hits: Hopefully Out By Fall

Guest Danny86

"AL" was not even a banned video, let alone track. I'm sure they meant "scrapped" track, something that was written for the album but didn't make the cut.

"Can't You See My Mind" was written for the 20th Bond film. I believe it was dumped when Madonna and Mirwais wrote another song to match the title of the movie.

Guest Danny86

Anna on Fanzine is saying that there would be 2 new tracks AND the reworked Mirwais track. Also, fans supposedly speculated well, so it's either Oakenfold or Fedde le Grand indeed...

Also s/he says it's not likely that any of the new songs would be included on the new Sticky & Sweet show.

Anna on Fanzine is saying that there would be 2 new tracks AND the reworked Mirwais track. Also, fans supposedly speculated well, so it's either Oakenfold or Fedde le Grand indeed...

Also s/he says it's not likely that any of the new songs would be included on the new Sticky & Sweet show.

Well, Guy had posted on his Twitter some weeks ago that Paul Oakenfold was in his L.A. office and they were talking. Maybe that is when he offered him the job?

I will be really excited to hear "Can't You See My Mind?" if that is indeed the re-worked track from Mirwais. :thumbsup:

Madonna.com has confirmed that Steven Meisel will have something to do with GHV3. Unfortunately, I am not an ICON member so I can't read the whole article. Maybe someone here can...

April 15, 2009

Steven Meisel & GHV3

Steven Meisel could be involved in the making of Madonna's upcoming 'GHV3'. It seems that Meisel was hired to create the photoshoot to be used for the album's cover artwork and inside booklet. Madonna and Meisel's latest collaboration was for the 2008 Vanity Fair photoshoot.

EDIT: This news was posted in the new section of madonna.com called SIDEWALK TALK

Sidewalk Talk is not about official and/or confirmed

news but is devoted to Madonna-related whisperings related to her

artistic career. A possible new single, collaboration, release, movie

or book project? They all will be featured in the Sidewalk

Talk column, while time will tell if those turn to be true or

not! Please keep in mind that an info cannot be taken as official

before it's posted to the NEWS section of Madonna.com. We hope

you enjoy this new feature!

Guest Danny86

^So they're basically trying to compete with fan forums? Stupid idea, they should stick with officially confirming news.

Supposedly the photoshoot is happening in the next two weeks.

April 15, 2009

Steven Meisel & GHV3

Steven Meisel could be involved in the making of Madonna's upcoming 'GHV3'. It seems that Meisel was hired to create the photoshoot to be used for the album's cover artwork and inside booklet. Madonna and Meisel's latest collaboration was for the 2008 Vanity Fair photoshoot.

:janetflop:

.......and :D for Steven Meisel!

Guest Danny86

I'm pretty sure 'GHV3' is just a reference title, probably because Madonna didn't even decide on the real title yet.

^So they're basically trying to compete with fan forums? Stupid idea, they should stick with officially confirming news.

Supposedly the photoshoot is happening in the next two weeks.

The LV photoshoot is in 2 weeks. I do hope that it will be a different shoot.

I dont care for a Career-spanner because it'll be more likely to be badly done than a GHV3, but w/e Im sure whatever comes out I'll buy it lol

Guest dicktracy
here is one of the packaging & design concept presented by the adam&co studio for the forthcoming Madonna's greatest hits called Hits:

14_madonna01.jpg

14_madonna02.jpg

14_madonna03.jpg

14_madonna04.jpg

14_madonna05.jpg

but these suggestions were eventually discarded because "the project evolved in a different direction" apparently...

http://www.adamncompany.com/index.php?/branding/madonna/

If only we could get something like this... it would have been nice.

If only we could get something like this... it would have been nice.

Eh. Some new imagery would be nice, and I'd prefer she just step away from the crucifix.

But having some in-depth analysis on different songs/albums and the creative process (specifically, commentary from M and other collaborators) would be nice. And I'm not totally opposed to the artwork idea -- meaning, that those inside pamphlet shots are kind of 'outtake' shots turned into artwork, instead of just photos. (Although, I'm probably in the minority in that I loved the GHV2 packaging for all of the photos. Keep in mind that in 2001 there wasn't a torrent of rare Madonna outtake photos being leaked online every other day -- so some of those photos were kinda new to me. I liked seeing all the multiple mini-Madonnas.)

I suppose maybe this was just concept art, and the wouldn't have used the "Atlas Reinvented" shot from last year's VF -- but I'm just a little sensitive about going for the cross imagery AGAIN. I don't mind her wearing the jewelry, and I could even defend her use of the cross in "Live to Tell" on the CT (because she eventually was using Jesus' words on the backdrop to exhort people to care for their neighbors, especially the little ones) -- but I don't really see the point of it in a greatest hits package.

Just my opinion.

The only thing I like in those mock-ups is that bird/tree original artwork and the booklet text and background. What is up with the bullet holes in the glass? She's not 50 Cent.

here is one of the packaging & design concept presented by the adam&co studio for the forthcoming Madonna's greatest hits called Hits:

14_madonna01.jpg

14_madonna02.jpg

14_madonna03.jpg

14_madonna04.jpg

14_madonna05.jpg

but these suggestions were eventually discarded because "the project evolved in a different direction" apparently...

http://www.adamncompany.com/index.php?/branding/madonna/

woooow. this is masterpiece. Guy must see this. I will post a link on Twitter right now.

The only thing I like in those mock-ups is that bird/tree original artwork and the booklet text and background. What is up with the bullet holes in the glass? She's not 50 Cent.

I get what you're saying... I think the idea was to show and/or connote the idea of a 'hit' -- so not necessarily a bullet hole, but smashed glass, where perhaps a fist or some other object made an impact. (I don't necessarily endorse the idea, and I'm not saying the visual really lives up to that, but I'm thinking that was the intent.)

I agree with you, though -- those were the parts that appealed to me, as well.