Madonna Greatest Hits: Hopefully Out By Fall

One of the new tracks is a long awaited duet between Madonna and Mariah Carey and it'll be produced by Janet Jackson! along with a video directed by Britney Spears! :electropop:

And she wont release Revenge btw Sophie was given it for her upcoming album! :)

One of the new tracks is a long awaited duet between Madonna and Mariah Carey and it'll be produced by Janet Jackson! along with a video directed by Britney Spears! :electropop:

And she wont release Revenge btw Sophie was given it for her upcoming album! :)

According to Ryan Seacrest, the new Greatest Hits collection will be out in September, and it will feature a few new songs - Madonna apparently has been in the studio, working on new stuff.

Any word on who she's producing with this time?

According to Ryan Seacrest, the new Greatest Hits collection will be out in September, and it will feature a few new songs - Madonna apparently has been in the studio, working on new stuff.

i heard that she will be in the studio in april. apparently paul oakenfold will produce the songs. but no official confirmation yet.

Guest Danny86
Paul fucking Oakenfold? gone are the days she was inspired to work with decent, unheard of producers :lmao:

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I see a pattern here:

1990: William Orbit remixes a Madonna single ("Justify My Love")

1998: William Orbit produces a Madonna album

2001: Paul Oakenfold remixes a Madonna single ("What It Feels Like For A Girl")

2009: Paul Oakenfold possibly produces a few Madonna songs

I'm not saying I'm ecstatic that Oakenfold might produce her, but how's the Orbit story any different from this?

I'm not saying I'm ecstatic that Oakenfold might produce her, but how's the Orbit story any different from this?

Shep Pettibone before that, and I think there are other examples.

The fact that ORBIT isn't an overrated DJ that spins in IBIZA with a bunch of E-freaks. lol

Septembers too far away :vogue: I want it soon! lol

From MTV News:

No stranger to hard candy, Justin Timberlake is once again ready to get sticky and sweet with Madonna. "She was very pleased with the tracks that Timbo and I did for her last album. She actually called me the other day and told me she was going to record a couple of new songs for her greatest hits album, and she asked me if I wanted to do lay down the backing vocals, and you don't turn Madonna down," Justin told MTV News on Tuesday.

"We wrote this super fly song together called Across the Sky, you're gonna love it," he says. "She asked me if I was up for recording another video, and I told her I'd do anything for her, and she laughed at me. Man, she already had this amazing concept in mind for the video. She's very efficient and likes to get things done asap".

Justin explains how Madonna inspired him to make the most out of his talent. "Me and Timbo are currently working on some new tracks, and you will be hearing a whole new Justin on my next album, which I think should be out by the end of the year,".

He is hoping to have Madonna make a guest appearance on the yet untitled album. "Yeah, that would be great. Keri [Hilson] and I wrote this amazing track that has Madonna written all over it,". Justin has recently finished producing the debut album of YouTube sensation, and protégée, Esmée Denters, which is due out in May.

------------------

Kind of suspect if you ask me. A recent blog on yahoo revealed that J.T. was taking a break from music:

------------------

Justin Timberlake Takes A Leave Of Absence?

Posted Tue Mar 31, 2009 11:30am PDT by Billy Johnson, Jr. in Hip-Hop Media Training

Die-hard Justin Timberlake fans were upset last week when they heard that he was not planning to release a new album anytime soon.

Why? He could use a break.

The former Mousekeeter, N'Syncer and "SexyBack" singer told Entertainment Weekly that he wasn't exactly in the mood to make a new record.

"Right now, I like the idea that things can just kind of pop up and if they feel right I can do them," he said. "Committing to my own sort of project, that's like, ‘Okay, let me black out two years of my life and do it.'"

In the meantime, Justin is fine taking on al a carte music projects with the likes of Ciara and T.I. Otherwise, unless he gets a burning urge to record an album, he will keep himself busy with all of his other projects.

He is producing an MTV show called The Phone which appears to be a reality thriller. The show will premiere on the music channel on April 21 at 10 p.m.

J.T. has done well in his movie roles, Saturday Night Live skits, and award show hosting gigs. He should continue to follow his gut and explore his other interests. In the end, it will only make him a more, well-rounded artist.

Why should he record an album if he is not in the mood? Why should he force out a project if he isn't in the right creative mindset?

If he is not feeling passionate about making an album right now, but makes one anyway, it will feel contrived. There's no way it will live up to his last album, 2006's FutureSex/LoveSounds.

Maybe he could talk to some of his friends in music who release albums every year or so just because they can.

Clearly, some of them are also due for a break. And I'd put Beyonce at the top of that list.

Edited by Regina Filange

Guest Danny86
Where is Mr. Leonard these days? Would love a new collaboration between them.

I assume he's living on the royalties of the Madonna hits, because apart from the IAMBWA soundtrack there seem to be no sign of any current work by him.

Unless Madonna uses him for a side project (like the scrapped old-school musical) I doubt she's gonna let him write pop songs for studio albums.

I also think working with him would feel that she was trying to recapture the old days instead of trying out something new...

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Hmm...

Hi

How about the below tracklisting for the GH?

What do you think?

Disc 1

Holiday

Lucky Star

Borderline

Like A Virgin

Material Girl

Crazy For You

Into The Groove

Dress You Up

Live To Tell

Papa Don't Preach

True Blue

Open Your Heart

La Isla Bonita

Who's That Girl?

Like A Prayer

Express Yourself

Vogue

Justify My Love

This Used To Be My Playground

Erotica

Disc 2

Deeper And Deeper

Secret

Take A Bow

You'll See

Don't Cry For Me Argentina (Miami Mix)

Frozen

Ray Of Light

The Power Of Goodbye

Beautiful Stranger

American Pie

Music

Don't Tell Me

Die Another Day

Hollywood

Hung Up

Sorry

4 Minutes

Give It 2 Me

New Track...

New Track...

Assuming that twenty songs on each CD are feasible...

Ta

I don't see "Cherish" being sidelined for "True Blue" or "Who's That Girl"- Madge had a reason fot having it on TIC and not having those others. Looking at recurrent play, TB gets decent play, but WTG gets much less. Then again, a lot of her post-TIC tracks that initially were hits don't get much recurrent play, either, so who knows.

I love Oakenfold's remixes of Hollywood and Give It 2 Me - they are two of my favourites ever but I wonder about his actual song writing abilities. I suppose he will supply the sound and she will do the rest. It's odd though as his star is fading rather than normally picking people on the up.

If we don't get our hopes up, we might get something good by surprise!

Hi

How about the below tracklisting for the GH?

What do you think?

Disc 1

Holiday

Lucky Star

Borderline

Like A Virgin

Material Girl

Crazy For You

Into The Groove

Dress You Up

Live To Tell

Papa Don't Preach

True Blue

Open Your Heart

La Isla Bonita

Who's That Girl?

Like A Prayer

Express Yourself

Vogue

Justify My Love

This Used To Be My Playground

Erotica

Disc 2

Deeper And Deeper

Secret

Take A Bow

You'll See

Don't Cry For Me Argentina (Miami Mix)

Frozen

Ray Of Light

The Power Of Goodbye

Beautiful Stranger

American Pie

Music

Don't Tell Me

Die Another Day

Hollywood

Hung Up

Sorry

4 Minutes

Give It 2 Me

New Track...

New Track...

Assuming that twenty songs on each CD are feasible...

Ta

I agree with having Hollywood over AL :thumbsup:

Hollywood is a MUST! it has a really anthem vibe to it. not to forget its one of the best-known M songs thanks to that kiss. If that happened today, it would have rocketed up the charts because of downloads. the hit that never was.

Madonna is taking an utter dance direction with her upcoming greatest hits album. its more in your face than what she's done before coz it aint no disco and its uncompromising. full on club beats for the new tracks.

for starters its a single collaborator. nothing comes to mind about a similar style, house music fans are in for a treat.

---from anna_henstridge (Madonna Fanzine)

Hollywood is a MUST! it has a really anthem vibe to it. not to forget its one of the best-known M songs thanks to that kiss. If that happened today, it would have rocketed up the charts because of downloads. the hit that never was.

I agree, although it´s only for the kiss, the people know the song, or at least they have heard a part of it.

And it seems that madonna wnats to keep a reason (a song) out of the compilations "to have a reason to buy the album" (everybody out from TIC, and it´s her first club hit, it´s a madonna classic, it should have been there...Dress you up, angel from LAV, True blue from true blue, WTG and CAC from WTG, oh father from LAP, hanky Panky from I´m breathless...)and, well even in the second part of her career she has done something similar, because you can´t have all erotica´s singles on GHV2 or Something to remember, and even BS has an altered version of Human nature, so...I think she will continue skiping classics with the GH, even if it´s a double album.

anyway, An artist called Andres calamaro has released a GH: obras incompletas, it has two different versions, one with a simple cd and one new song, and then another one with six cds an 54! new -unreleased songs!!!! that´s what I want!

Madonna is taking an utter dance direction with her upcoming greatest hits album. its more in your face than what she's done before coz it aint no disco and its uncompromising. full on club beats for the new tracks.

for starters its a single collaborator. nothing comes to mind about a similar style, house music fans are in for a treat.

what´s " a single collaborator"´s meaning?

Guest Danny86

So it's gonna sound like most of her remixes of this decade? And how's that uncompromising, after all the complaints about HC by the hardcore fans?