Madonna Greatest Hits: Hopefully Out By Fall

ACTUALLY that is a GREAT title

And it also means in the UK will be MonNday 21st September, which is MY BIRTHDAY

RUMOR:

UKMix:

I have just heard from a very reliable source of Warner Music Spain that the title of the upcoming compilation will be "ICONOGRAPHY", being the release date set up on September 22nd.

I actually like that title too. Let's hope it's true.

Guest chatty kathy

Madonna: ‘Iconography’ album due in September

June 24, 2009

This column has been told that Madonna is getting ready to release her greatest hits album, Iconography, in September – possibly September 22. It will be her final album with Warner Brothers and it will contain three new songs.

The timing of the album’s release may be bad. Whitney Houston and Mariah Carey are going to be releasing albums around the same time. Whitney Houston’s Undefeated is due on September 1, one week after Mariah Carey’s Memoirs of An Imperfect Angel.

Then again, having three divas release albums at the same time may be good for the record industry and the economy. But if Madonna and Whitney Houston go the Mariah route and release new material that is as uncreative and boring as Mariah’s new single Obsessed, the record industry may suffer even more.

Source: http://www.examiner.com/x-15033-Memphis-Ce...ue-in-September

I THINK ICON

By Matthew Rettenmund

A little bird told me (actually, told a friend who told me) that Madonna’s upcoming, career-spanning Warner Bros. retrospective will be entitled Iconography. I also hear the original set date of September 15 might switch to September 22. Can’t verify this, just passing along the (good!) news.

Source: http://boyculture.typepad.com/boy_culture/...n.html#comments

From UK Mix, the competition.

15 September Tuesday

Aluminum Babe 17

Beastie Boys Hot Sauce Committee Part 1

Big Star Keep An Eye On The Sky [box Set]

Uncle Cracker Happy Hour

22 September Tuesday

Sean "Diddy" Combs Last Train To Paris

David Gray Draw The Line

Pearl Jam Backspacer

Porcupine Tree The Incident

Various Artists Crayon Angel: A Tribute to the Music of Judee Sill

29 September Tuesday

Alice In Chains Black Gives Way To Blue

Lynyrd Skynyrd God & Guns

Barbra Streisand Love Is The Answer

And I suppose Mariah and Whitney's albums have yet to be given a release date.

Guest ursaminorjim

Oh, shit. Stiff competition there from Aluminum (Aluminum Babe? Aluminum Babe 17, maybe?), Porcupine Tree and Uncle Cracker. :unsure:

Madonna: ‘Iconography’ album due in September

June 24, 2009

This column has been told that Madonna is getting ready to release her greatest hits album, Iconography, in September – possibly September 22. It will be her final album with Warner Brothers and it will contain three new songs.

Now I wouldn't normally say this, but that's too many! That'll steal slots from her more deserving classic hits. Unlikely she'll have 3 truly great new tracks that can stand alongside the old stuff. Use one as a b-side.

Oh and doesn't that Examiner site usually post bullshit?