Madonna Greatest Hits: Hopefully Out By Fall

Guest Danny86

Since "Secret" wasn't a worldwide megahit with its original version, would it make sense to use the Junior Vasquez Remix? It was supposedly played to death on MTV and could fit with her current dance music obsession.

I think is gonna be release the first days of June, when the tour start, that way she won't be able to promote in US and will make it a flop. Isn't that her & WB thing?

Guest Not4Pussies

i think we wont hear any info til tour kicks off

and new single probably til august

we get to hear how Celebrate is gonna be like

when she does a bit of it on tour during Holiday

Guest superman
I think is gonna be release the first days of June, when the tour start, that way she won't be able to promote in US and will make it a flop. Isn't that her & WB thing?

Exactly, again i dont understand this whole new single thing, how can she released a brand new song while she is on tour. therefore No promotion, No video!! - another FLOPPPPP

as she confirmed she will stick to her Hard Candy tracks for world tour and not the brand new singles..

im confused!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :scared:

Madonna to take fans back to the '80s with ‘Hits'

Madonna has been busy lately dealing with legal procedures to adopt another child from Malawi. Yet the hurdles blocking the adoption of Mercy James, cleared last week when a Malawi court granted Madonna permission for the adoption, were not enough to prevent the trendsetting artist from focusing on what she does best -- making music that tops charts and sets new trends.

while ecstatically anticipating the arrival of the newest member of her family, Madonna is also gearing up for the summer 2009 leg of her Sticky & Sweet World Tour, which kicks off July 4 in London. As the Material Girl's fans throughout Europe wait impatiently to see her perform live at 30 locations as part of the tour, which runs though Sept. 2, official news of Madonna's upcoming album is likely to make fans even more enthusiastic.

Madonna's upcoming best-of album, titled “Hits” and scheduled for release this September, will include two brand-new dance songs, according to sources close to the artist. One of these songs is “Celebration,” an '80s-style dance song that will make music lovers reminisce about Madonna's 1983 breakthrough hit single “Holiday.” The second new song to be featured on the album, another dance tune, is titled “I'm Sorry,” but has nothing to do with her 2005 pop-dance hit “Sorry,” which was featured on “Confessions on a Dance Floor.” Madonna is collaborating with DJ-record producer Paul Oakenfold on the new songs.

The same sources also say Madonna is not entirely satisfied with her latest album, “Hard Candy,” released in April 2008. Although the album and the accompanying Sticky & Sweet World Tour have been commercially successful, Madonna is recording new songs for her upcoming compilation because she wants to forget about “Hard Candy” and return to the “disco era” with an '80s touch in “Hits,” sources say. “Hits” will be Madonna's first greatest hits compilation since 2001's “GHV2.”

http://www.todayszaman.com/tz-web/detaylar...7&bolum=110

I question how much of that article is true, however if HITS is the name of the LP, it will actually be official: They found a name even more boring and pedestrian than GHV2. :confused:

Guest Danny86
Madonna is recording new songs for her upcoming compilation because she wants to forget about “Hard Candy” and return to the “disco era” with an '80s touch in “Hits,”

:lmao: Yeah, that's why she keeps on touring HC with only changing ONE HC song, and that's why HC has references to that era as well.

The same sources also say Madonna is not entirely satisfied with her latest album, “Hard Candy,” released in April 2008. Although the album and the accompanying Sticky & Sweet World Tour have been commercially successful, Madonna is recording new songs for her upcoming compilation because she wants to forget about “Hard Candy” and return to the “disco era” with an '80s touch in “Hits,” sources say. “Hits” will be Madonna's first greatest hits compilation since 2001's “GHV2.” [/i]

well, too late for that...what is she gonna do, anyways?

I don't think that's true. We all know that Madonna is the 'I don't regret anything from my past' type of person, now don't we? :demonic:

Guest Danny86

Of course it's not true, it's like saying Madonna did not like LAP, so she worked with Shep and Lenny for TIC. She's always about changing the sound, it's not like she went back to Stuart for the GH, we all know "Revolver" sounds nothing like "disco era" anyway...

On the other hand, once she did say she was not satisfied with Erotica. :p

Q: What are the best Madonna records?

Madonna: Like A Prayer is pretty much up there. And I really like Bedtime Stories. I don’t think a lot of people “got” that record.

Q: It was better than Erotica. You hobbled yourself there, trying to make a concept album.

Madonna: Absolutely. I bit off more than I could chew. Bedtime Stories had better songs though the feel was similar. [Affects chat show wimper] But this record is my favourite record of all.

http://allaboutmadonna.com/madonna-intervi...zine-march-1998

Madonna: Absolutely. I bit off more than I could chew. Bedtime Stories had better songs though the feel was similar. [Affects chat show wimper] But this record is my favourite record of all.[/i]

'this record'...meaning Erotica or Bedtime Stories? :confused:

Edited by Narendra Sen

I didn't think Madonna would regret making Hard Candy at all although i only think she did it because she hasn't had a new generations of younger fans in a while. When was the last time you've seen a kid listening to Madonna.

All of me nephews under 10 years love Hung up, tey ask me for the song anytime they get on my car. I think this song captured many young fans.

I didn't think Madonna would regret making Hard Candy at all although i only think she did it because she hasn't had a new generations of younger fans in a while. When was the last time you've seen a kid listening to Madonna.

To be honest here in Italy many kids discovered her with COADF, I personally saw young people in megastores asking for the CT promo poster etc. But yes, Hard Candy didn't help at all even here...

Guest Pud Whacker

at the sticky and sweet tour. there were these kids there that were all up on her doing a song with justin. it was very cute. like the ray of lighters - 10 years later. :demonic:

Guest superman

I become a fan because of her Hard Candy album - and im belong to younger generations. If you been to her sticky and sweet concert last year, you would noticed almost 80% crowd are younger people both girls and guys or teenagers. Because of Hard Candy, Madonna gained a lot of younger crowds.

Guest christian

that is so true - please include me as a newbie and youngbie!!! i think she is smart woman she managed to attract younger crowds of this album - 'THE MAINSTREAM" - where hip/hop/pop/techno - is the latest tune for young generation as we called it mainstream.

Now, i am a fan.. sorry but im not impressed with that old fashion disco album, - its totally trashed here in North America, U.S radio DJ's dont want to play those kind of songs and i dont need to hear it either, maybe in europe but not in North America. and straight guys beginning to like her that the magic of Hard Candy album - "mainstream' -!!

and disco still stuck in europe countries. seriously dude!! youknowwhatimsaying bro!!!

Edited by christian

Guest Pud Whacker
I become a fan because of her Hard Candy album - and im belong to younger generations. If you been to her sticky and sweet concert last year, you would noticed almost 80% crowd are younger people both girls and guys or teenagers. Because of Hard Candy, Madonna gained a lot of younger crowds.

yes.

Madonna has always gained younger fans throughout the highs and lows of her career - one of my friends was 9 when Erotica came out and that's how he go into her and it remains his favourite album to this day. I remember being in a record shop in January 1993 and some little black girl was clutching a copy of Erotica saying that it had all her favourite songs on it, including Bye Bye Baby, but her mother opted to buy her TIC instead.

As long as she keeps making music she'll always be CURRENT - even if her AGEING FANS who can't keep up with her don't like what she's doing. She'll be dead before she becomes one of those acts like Abba, who appeal to new generations via their back catalogue - she really does have ETERNAL YOUTH.

Madonna has always gained younger fans throughout the highs and lows of her career - one of my friends was 9 when Erotica came out and that's how he go into her and it remains his favourite album to this day. I remember being in a record shop in January 1993 and some little black girl was clutching a copy of Erotica saying that it had all her favourite songs on it, including Bye Bye Baby, but her mother opted to buy her TIC instead.

As long as she keeps making music she'll always be CURRENT - even if her AGEING FANS who can't keep up with her don't like what she's doing. She'll be dead before she becomes one of those acts like Abba, who appeal to new generations via their back catalogue - she really does have ETERNAL YOUTH.

:thumbsup: