Madonna Greatest Hits: Hopefully Out By Fall

Guest bluejean

As much as it makes more sense that the album will focus on the biggest hits of the 80's (and include True Blue, Angel and others that were left off TIC) I really don't think Madonna will approve of a release like that. She will want a 2CD that represents her whole career. I wouldn't really expect too many 80's songs that weren't on TIC, maybe Who's That Girl and Dress You Up but that's all.

Expect songs like 'Die Another Day' and a track representing Evita. Maybe Evita isn't Madonna music, but it's considered a huge career highlight and it would be strange for it to be completely overlooked.

I can't believe there are no accurate sales for US singles! Surely they know how many were shipped and sold?

It's so interesting to see the actual single sales - like Angel selling more than Express Yourself! Although the UK market varies wildly throughout the seasons with post Christmas and summer notoriously slack - had Vogue and Into The Groove been released in the Christmas run up they would have certainly sold a million.

'Angel' is so underrated. You never really hear it mentioned.

Yet people keep going on about Get Together and how it's one of her greatest songs ever and it is virtually the bottom of her UK sales chart!

Guest Danny86
Yet people keep going on about Get Together and how it's one of her greatest songs ever and it is virtually the bottom of her UK sales chart!

:lmao: I know, so overrated!

I don't think there's any chance for "WTG" to be included, especially since it would have to come right after "LIB" and that would be so redundant, considering the similarities in the 2 tracks.

Guest Danny86
get together being one of her greatest songs has absolutely nothing to do with not selling much you cretin.

I know that, I still would find it overrated if it went to #1. Just that it was being overrated by the fans but couldn't catch with the public.

Guest Drowned Bedtime

I don't really like Get Together as a single. It's amazing in the context of the album though.

'Angel' is so underrated. You never really hear it mentioned.

If Angel, Causing a Commotion, True Blue, or even Keep It Together were on TIC, those tracks would not be underrated. They would be getting more airplay today, just cause they were on TIC.

acko, I never said anything about "Gambler" not being more successful than CFY in some Euro countries. So whatchu talkin' about? :) Worldwide, I'm sure, though, CFY is the more revered, popular track.

I was just teasing u...CFY was a flop :tongue:

Then it means "Hanky Panky" should be there as well, because it reached #2. It would have been immortalized as one of her #1s if it wasn't for...

s17847_300.jpg

:rotfl:

:rotfl:

Which she in turn reinterpolated on the final verse of "Rescue Me."

It's not like LIB and WTG are Max-Martin-like interchangeable tracks, but I can see WTG being left off another compilation. Same for CAC (a few have called it an inferior ITG).

In the USA, "True Blue" actually gets decent recurrent play- more than some of her more classic tunes, even. "Dress You Up" also gets decent play, considering it's not on TIC.

Plenty of songs sell a million or close without being released at Xmas.

I doubt Vogue would have sold a million if released at Xmas. There were not that many which sold a million in that era.

It surely would have got a boost but it would have probably had difficulty staying more than a week at no1 and TIC's sales would have ate into it.

I can't believe there are no accurate sales for US singles! Surely they know how many were shipped and sold?

It's so interesting to see the actual single sales - like Angel selling more than Express Yourself! Although the UK market varies wildly throughout the seasons with post Christmas and summer notoriously slack - had Vogue and Into The Groove been released in the Christmas run up they would have certainly sold a million.

Guest superman
I don't really like Get Together as a single. It's amazing in the context of the album though.

get together is the most boring, flat song ever heard!! - sooo GIRLY song.

Plenty of songs sell a million or close without being released at Xmas.

I doubt Vogue would have sold a million if released at Xmas. There were not that many which sold a million in that era.

Yup.

1990 was at the time one of the lowest selling years for singles. Million selling singles were always rare in the UK, in that top 100 selling singles of all time list, only the first 80 or so actually sold over a million.

Madonna's in good company though - ABBA have never had a million seller either (though are getting mighty close with Dancing Queen). If Into The Groove ever has a sales boost for some reason, digital sales might take it over 1 million, too.

Guest Danny86
If Into The Groove ever has a sales boost for some reason, digital sales might take it over 1 million, too.

Maybe the Sky 1 broadcast of Sticky & Sweet featuring the TOOP TOOP mash-up of "ITG" will do the thing? :dramatic:

I firmly believe this compilation needs to use the original single version.

What about the video versions in some cases? Especially CHERISH

And how about the video version of Into the Groove? It would make it more of a pop song than a dance song by cutting how long it was, but I don't think I'd mind too much.. it seems to be well done, I think.

Guest ursaminorjim
And how about the video version of Into the Groove? It would make it more of a pop song than a dance song by cutting how long it was, but I don't think I'd mind too much.. it seems to be well done, I think.

Yeah, I'll be really disappointed if they don't use the original mix of "Into the groove" (the one on the "Angel" b-side, that is). It's truly the finest version of the song. Is that the same as the video version?

Guest Pud Whacker
Yeah, I'll be really disappointed if they don't use the original mix of "Into the groove" (the one on the "Angel" b-side, that is). It's truly the finest version of the song. Is that the same as the video version?

sort of. its mixed a tad bit more.

when the video was released and there was no single for it, DJ's were ripping the song from the video to play it!!! :thumbsup:

Guest ursaminorjim
why cant Madonna record this real catchy song? its better than" revolver"

its gonna be no. 1 hit - for sure - what i like about this song is has touch of pop-techno and yet hip-hop!

whoever made this song - he did a great job!!! - makes me wanna dance!!!!!!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CiGS_pkxJFQ

Sorry, but this stinks rotten eggs. It's so...designed to be a hit. There's no soul to it, even wiith the "Time after time" quote. It's like a track off The Killers last album or something.

At least "Revolver" has a hook, some sass.

If Angel, Causing a Commotion, True Blue, or even Keep It Together were on TIC, those tracks would not be underrated. They would be getting more airplay today, just cause they were on TIC.

It doesn't help those tracks that none got played to death on MTV either (generally because there was no video).

If Madonna was going to do a video for the first single off the GH, doesn't anyone think she'd do it before the tour extension starts? If not, I am wondering if we are indeed getting the GH in September.