Madonna Greatest Hits: Hopefully Out By Fall

The new photoshoot for Louis Vuitton is taking place today! The news was reported by manager Guy Oseary on his Twitter site.

Madonna will be the face of Louis Vuitton Autumn / Winter 2009 collection. It is also said that the cover art of up-coming greatest hits collection will be shot during this shoot. Photographer is once again amazing fashion photographer and Madonna’s close friend, Steven Meisel.

madsgetribe

The new photoshoot for Louis Vuitton is taking place today! The news was reported by manager Guy Oseary on his Twitter site.

Madonna will be the face of Louis Vuitton Autumn / Winter 2009 collection. It is also said that the cover art of up-coming greatest hits collection will be shot during this shoot. Photographer is once again amazing fashion photographer and Madonna’s close friend, Steven Meisel.

madsgetribe

Cool news. LV for the GH. :thumbsup:

Guest Danny86
That's what I thought. Does anyone know of any work he's produced RECENTLY to gauge his current sound?

He barely produced other artists, he's basically a remixer but does his own records.

http://www.discogs.com/artist/Paul+Oakenfold

This is the closest thing to a recent production by him, it's his own song with Brittany Murphy singing, from 2006:

Guest Danny86

Another Oakenfold single from the same year, featuring Pharrell:

I'd agree that it's even more "in your face" house/dance music than COADF, with harder beats, but sounds repetitive to me. She might have pushed him to do some cool stuff for 2 songs though.

Am I dreaming or did he not just remix Give It 2 Me???? What is everyone talking about?

what it feels like for a girl

american life

sorry

give it 2 me

Faster Kill Pussycat is AMAZING. Amazing beyond words. Superb.

Guest ursaminorjim
Faster Kill Pussycat is AMAZING. Amazing beyond words. Superb.

I kind-of preferred it when it was called "Flashdance." And Deep Dish did it.

Well, maybe he'll rip off something just as good for Madonna! :lol: Fingers crossed.

1242356058lthumb2.jpg

Paul Oakenfold was in the studio this week, producing new songs with Madonna for her upcoming Greatest Hits. Paul took some time to answer a few questions regarding the new material and we’re happy to share his answers to the first two questions today.

Q: How did you come to work with Madonna on the new songs?

A. I was approached by Guy Oseary to see if I was interested in working with Madonna in the studio.

Q: Could you tell us more about the sound you have developed for them?

A: I was looking for a cutting-edge sound with an old-school classic feel. I think we have achieved that and I think people are going to be really happy with this bunch of songs.

On the side note, the second producer of the new songs for Madonna’s hits collection seems to be DJ Frank E.(on the photo above) - a young DJ and Hip Hop/Rap/R&B producer. Madonna hit the studio with him on Thursday. He described the first day of recording on his Twitter site: “Great day today in the studio, doin it all over again tomorrow. This is my life.”

Sources: Absolument Madonna, Madonna Fanzine, Icon

Guest Danny86

Well, maybe he'll rip off something just as good for Madonna! :lol: Fingers crossed.

That's quite a rip off indeed! :confused:

Guest ursaminorjim

And then there's Lady Gaga's "The fame," which dilutes it even further by ripping off the Oakey track! Hilarious.

But I'm completely reserving judgement on these new Madonna songs until I hear 'em. Who knows, he may pull out a slab of absolute genius.

I think Oakenfold is suffering from being around for so long - if exactly the same music was produced by some upcoming DJ like Deadmau5, I think the reaction would be entirely different.

Guest ursaminorjim
I think Oakenfold is suffering from being around for so long - if exactly the same music was produced by some upcoming DJ like Deadmau5, I think the reaction would be entirely different.

No, I don't think so. The sound is just so leaden and dated. And it would be no matter who made it.

No, I don't think so. The sound is just so leaden and dated. And it would be no matter who made it.

Out of all the GI2M remixes, his was the best by a mile. Eddie Amador and Jody Den Broder's were just standard club efforts that have been around for 15 years and Fedde Le Grand's mixes were forgettable although the sound of 'now'. Pete Tong's were just awful and Sly and Robbie's were pointless. He also produced one of the few decent remixes from the American Life album for Hollywood. However, his remixes for Sorry and WIFLFAG were very dated and unoriginal.

"Ce Ce..Celebrate..."

Is this a hint?? it must be, do tell !!!!!

anyway was this posted already?

DJ FRANK E on twitter:

"The sound of the new Madonna record is what I call "Electro Pop". She sounds incredible."

Guest Danny86
"The sound of the new Madonna record is what I call "Electro Pop". She sounds incredible."

Sounds great, but I have a feeling he calls Flo Rida pop too, so many will be disappointed...

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qTnWwN1Vhwk&hl=en&fs=1&rel=0&color1=0x5d1719&color2=0xcd311b"></param><param'>http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qTnWwN1Vhwk&hl=en&fs=1&rel=0&color1=0x5d1719&color2=0xcd311b"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qTnWwN1Vhwk&hl=en&fs=1&rel=0&color1=0x5d1719&color2=0xcd311b" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

The beats to both songs sort've remind me of this:

Edited by Paper Plane