Madonna Greatest Hits: Hopefully Out By Fall

Guest bluejean
how can we have too many new madonna tracks !

Well I'm just thinking in terms of the GH package. If they put 3 new songs on it only 1 of them will prolly be a hit which will mean 5 years from now the others will seem out of place.

I think they should save unreleased gems for a boxed set. This is a Greatest Hits and will be referred back to my casual fans for many years.

here is one of the packaging & design concept presented by the adam&co studio for the forthcoming Madonna's greatest hits called Hits:

[/url]

did they only ask adam&co to come up with designs, or did they ask other designers??

Guest Danny86
but these suggestions were eventually discarded because "the project evolved in a different direction" apparently...

A different direction? Does it involve small pictures celebrating 25 years of career? Or will it have a "stripped down" feel without Madonna appearing on the cover? :demonic:

Guest dicktracy
A different direction? Does it involve small pictures celebrating 25 years of career? Or will it have a "stripped down" feel without Madonna appearing on the cover? :demonic:

The small pictures thing has been done already and it was the only cool thing about GHV2. I really hope they don't have a picture of her on the cover. I should be timeless and a picture, even if amazing, would represent a certain era. For a career spanning disc, I would prefer something iconic but without her face.

Guest Danny86
The small pictures thing has been done already and it was the only cool thing about GHV2. I really hope they don't have a picture of her on the cover. I should be timeless and a picture, even if amazing, would represent a certain era. For a career spanning disc, I would prefer something iconic but without her face.

I know, I was kidding, because if she dropped this entirely new concept I was afraid she's gonna do some rehash from TIC or GHV2.

But the biggest complaint about TIC is that she wasn't on the cover, no?

totally agree!!!!!

love the immaculate cover

timeless and iconic

Guest Pud Whacker
If only we could get something like this... it would have been nice.

ew...obvisouly fans have totally different tastes. my first reaction when looking at this shyt was just that - SHYT. god, thats horrible.

If that cross layout was released, it would be another controversy- and where would the other CDs go? Unless it was a single disc.

And The Hits? Yeah, she had GHV2, but this surely would have to get a better title- hopefully something witty and clever.

I think that artwork was average. It wasn't terrible, but it wasn't fantastic and iconic either. I think they were right to dump it and come up with something a little better. It certainly was anything close to how beautiful the Sticky and Sweet tour book was. The artwork might be okay for another artist, but with Madonna people expect more interesting higher quality visuals.

Guest Pud Whacker
If that cross layout was released, it would be another controversy- and where would the other CDs go? Unless it was a single disc.

And The Hits? Yeah, she had GHV2, but this surely would have to get a better title- hopefully something witty and clever.

i can assure you that IT WOULD NOT BE a controversy.

Guest bluejean

I don't really like it either.

I liked the way they didn't put Madonna on the cover of TIC. However, as much as i like those dark wig photos in the booklet, it was a weird choice since the look didn't really represent her career as a whole.

I think with a retrospective of Madonna, it's really difficult to find a photo (or imagery in general) that sums her up as she's had so many different career phases and incarnations. A logo type image like TIC could be amazing if done correctly. I liked the GHV2 cover as well but I found the decision to put all those photos very tacky. It's the sort of thing a fan would do on photoshop.

Guest Pud Whacker
14_madonna05.jpgwhat would an old fan pick?

this is the coadf page

there's a page for each album

NEVER that picture, with those wannabe susan lips stretched across her face, understand? madonna WOULD NEVER allow that picture even if it was for her DEATH page.

put your fingers together. take each side of your mouth and pull it apart and down. there you have it and thats when, IN HER HEAD, she thought she could still pull this off...

aa816dbb.jpg

twitter tweet that TO GUY OSEARY.

NEVER that picture, with those wannabe susan lips stretched across her face, understand? madonna WOULD NEVER allow that picture even if it was for her DEATH page.

put your fingers together. take each side of your mouth and pull it apart and down. there you have it and thats when, IN HER HEAD, she thought she could still pull this off...

aa816dbb.jpg

twitter tweet that TO GUY OSEARY.

she cldn't pull off the red lips in 05

same goes for that horrid appearance with guy

revolver_premiere_ns4.jpg

:scared:

louis vuitton in 08 was cool tho

gucci_unicef_191108_nyc_ns2.jpg

Guest dicktracy
ew...obvisouly fans have totally different tastes. my first reaction when looking at this shyt was just that - SHYT. god, thats horrible.

I don't like that layout in particular either but it does show that SOME thought was put into it. It would have been more than we got with TIC and GHV2. So I would be happy to get anything that has that amount of effort behind it.

Guest dicktracy
But the biggest complaint about TIC is that she wasn't on the cover, no?

No, it was that the Who's That Girl era was not represented when there was room for at least one more track. Plus, some purists were irate with the new mixes.