Madonna Greatest Hits: Hopefully Out By Fall

robmmad 16 asked anna_henstridge:

have there been recording sessions yet for these new songs? Or is that in the planning for the upcoming days and are musical demo's being thought up and possible lyrics jotted down and then exchanged by email?

anna_henstridge replied:

yes they have reworked 1 track the rest are completely new.

I agree that Oakenfold is TIRED beyond belief but he also updated two of her songs really nicely: American Life and Give It 2 Me which many would say are superior to their original versions. Also don't forget she trots him out as a supporting act for tours and has worked with him often over a long period of time. Frankly I would take JUNIOR VASQUEZ if it guarantees TINKERBELL is out of the picture.

So it's gonna sound like most of her remixes of this decade? And how's that uncompromising, after all the complaints about HC by the hardcore fans?

Let's hope not! :confused: I agree with you, based on these rumors it seems the sound will be nothing new for her. But it's still very early on and as we all know, most rumors at this early stage turn out to be B.S. If it's indeed true that it will be very "house" in sound then perhaps she is indeed going to cut a track or 2 for the GH with Pharrell. Spanish Lesson is the most "house" she's sounded to me (in original song interpretation) since the Erotica years.

I would think that she just may have more of a continuation of the sound she explored on HC.....but then again, with the new tracks on IC we kind of got a preview of her "next sound" that she would be using on Erotica as opposed to an extension of the sound on LAP. Both JML and RM would've fit in just fine on the E album. So....it's M, you never know what's gonna happen, that's the fun part! :) I'm open ears though. It just better be good! :americanlife:

Guest Danny86
Let's hope not! :confused: I agree with you, based on these rumors it seems the sound will be nothing new for her. But it's still very early on and as we all know, most rumors at this early stage turn out to be B.S. If it's indeed true that it will be very "house" in sound then perhaps she is indeed going to cut a track or 2 for the GH with Pharrell. Spanish Lesson is the most "house" she's sounded to me (in original song interpretation) since the Erotica years.

I would think that she just may have more of a continuation of the sound she explored on HC.....but then again, with the new tracks on IC we kind of got a preview of her "next sound" that she would be using on Erotica as opposed to an extension of the sound on LAP. Both JML and RM would've fit in just fine on the E album. So....it's M, you never know what's gonna happen, that's the fun part! :) I'm open ears though. It just better be good! :americanlife:

Unless it's a HC outtake, I doubt Warner will pay for Pharrell again, especially after Madonna said it was so hard to put their schedules together, she has no time for that now and it's only for a couple tracks, not half of an album.

I know that Shep's sound on Erotica was considered house back then, but nowadays house means stuff what Fedde le Grand or Peter Rauhofer makes, no? I'm not really familiar...

I was also thinking about the "preview for next album", but maybe this time it won't be like that, because the next album will be under LN while this is a Warner compilation, so she's "throwing a bone"?

It makes sense for Madonna to put a great new song or 2 on this album. If this sells lots and is a success it bodes better for the LN albums than if it isn't so successful.

I expect a great single and massive promotional campaign. If it's out in September I expect the singles in September and late November to make this a HUGE Seller in the run up to Christmas.

I'm not sure if the Greatest Hits album would be the place to debut a brand new sound. I think that the new songs should be able to stand beside the older hits so the whole album flows together. If the new songs are too different, it might be jarring.

I wouldn't mind something dance/house based because I think Madonna does club dance music so well. It would definitely be preferrable to any of the R&B/hip hop influenced stuff on HC.

How many new tracks are we estimating there to be? 2 or 3?

from AL,COADF and HC are we guessing that these will be included?:

Die Another Day

American Life

Hollywood

Hung Up

Sorry

4 Minutes

Give It 2 Me

I'm not sure if the Greatest Hits album would be the place to debut a brand new sound. I think that the new songs should be able to stand beside the older hits so the whole album flows together. If the new songs are too different, it might be jarring.

I wouldn't mind something dance/house based because I think Madonna does club dance music so well. It would definitely be preferrable to any of the R&B/hip hop influenced stuff on HC.

Remember she did the same with "The Immaculate Collection".

Both "Justify My Love" and "Rescue Me" were just an anticipation of the "Erotica" album sound.

"Erotica", the song, is actually very similar to "Justify My Love" (same spoken sexy words and lyrics, heavy beats etc).

Guest Danny86

^To be fair, "Rescue Me" was already in the vein of "Vogue" and the beats on the Erotica album also recall "Vogue" or Shep's "Express Yourself" mix.

"Justify My Love" has the same formula as "Erotica" but it has a different sound, because it was mostly built around on a sample.

The new songs on Something To Remember were not presenting a new sound, but a new image/style to make people get ready for Madonna.

anna - the reworked one is a banned track from 2003, never heard before, so its essentially new!

No one has made any reference to this...

A banned track from 2003? Does that mean American Life has been remixed again? She banned the video?

I can't think what else it could mean.