Madonna Greatest Hits: Hopefully Out By Fall

I am actually kind of shocked that she's being so generous with Warner. Although maybe I shouldn't say that until I hear what she does for the compilation. It could be throw-away material.

Anyway, this is a nice surprise. I am excited to pass judgement on it. :lol:

Maybe the new songs are on the last album deal.

pleasssse NO new songs with ANY mouseketeer affiliation, or Timbaland! wouldnt mind pharrell (from someone shes worked with recently) but would MUCH prefer someone/something totally new, risky, fresh and underground yet pop friendly --basically her legendary signature style.

pleasssse NO new songs with ANY mouseketeer affiliation, or Timbaland! wouldnt mind pharrell (from someone shes worked with recently) but would MUCH prefer someone/something totally new, risky, fresh and underground yet pop friendly --basically her legendary signature style.

word.

The "new songs" is good news. That means at least 2. Though I'm not that optimistic that there'd be more than that...

It would be great if we'll have new single + video in September.

ursa, if that wonderful Perez is counting STR,then it will be her fourth.

He erroneously wrote that her last GH was out in 2006. Has he photographed himself wearing that dunce cap yet or what?

And what about "You Can Dance"? If he counts STR, he should really count YCD -- which would make this #5. (But she really only has two proper 'greatest hits' collections. STR and YCD are compilations, but I wouldn't say their intent was to be a 'greatest hits' -- one aimed to collect dance mixes, one aimed to collect ballads.)

But he's ridiculous, saying her most recent was out in 2006.

Maybey one of the new tracks will also be one of the songs for the twlight sequel. The movie single will pull the greatest hits!

That would be so cool! Especially if the song is of high quality and the sequel is actually GOOD (unlike the first film).

Maybe the new songs are on the last album deal.

That could be. I was under the impression this Warner deal (now ending) was the one she signed in the 90's for seven studio albums - Hard Candy being the last of those. If it was, I was confused why she'd be recording new songs for this compilation yet she didn't for GHV2.

Either way, I don't care. Just excited to hear what she comes up with. Not to dig up old commercial corpses, but I really wish she'd done a video for "Miles Away" and/or released a 4th single from HC. This relationship with Warner is strange.

There were no new songs on GHV2 because Warner wanted an M hits CD out at that time and she had no new songs for it. It's been said she wanted to hold off on it til it could be done properly. Later, in her one or two interviews to promote it, she spun her own PR and said it's a hits CD so it just has hits.

I bet downloads will be big for the new songs on this upcoming CD since a good % of her fanbase will probably just want those.

http://www.people.com/people/article/0,,20266265,00.html

Calling all Madonna fans! The Queen of Pop is coming out with a long-awaited greatest hits collection this fall.

'We're hoping to have a greatest hits package come out in September," the singer's longtime publicist, Liz Rosenberg, tells PEOPLE. "We're all very excited about it."

With so many hit songs to choose from over her long career, the singer's manager, Guy Oseary, asked fans on Twitter Tuesday which tunes they think should be included. "Working on Madonna's greatest hits album," he wrote. "Any tracks that you think MUST be on?"

Still, the new album won't only feature songs her fans know and love. "Madonna does have plans to go into the studio to record a few new songs for this album," says Rosenberg.

The greatest hits album will be Madonna's last with Warner Records, with whom she sold more than 200 million albums. In October 2007, she ended her 27-year relationship with the label when she signed a reported $150 million deal with concert promoter Live Nation.

carl-1.gif

There were no new songs on GHV2 because Warner wanted an M hits CD out at that time and she had no new songs for it. It's been said she wanted to hold off on it til it could be done properly. Later, in her one or two interviews to promote it, she spun her own PR and said it's a hits CD so it just has hits.

Pretty close...

From her 2001 BBC interview:

Why did you decide to put the album [GHV2] out anyway, was it a record company decision or was it 'I've reached that time in my life, I'll put another one greatest hits out?'

M: It was really like a mark for the end of the year. It went part and parcel with the tour. The tour was pretty much a celebration of my last 3 records and what I've been doing since I did Evita.

And why did you not put another single on there or record a new single?

M: Because it says greatest hits

But it could have been a greatest hit.

M: Well I'm gonna save that for my next record which I'm gonna start recording in January [American Life].

I bet downloads will be big for the new songs on this upcoming CD since a good % of her fanbase will probably just want those.

Maybe. Doesn't iTunes often make the additional tracks on Greatest Hits non-downloadable unless you buy the whole album? I know I have seen them done that way on some, however I hope they don't do it on Madonna's.

Guest Danny86

Not just the fanbase. If one of the new songs get a video and is sent to radio, it's gonna get all the attention and people will only get that on iTunes. I don't see how a compilation album can be treated as an event in 2009 where anybody can pick their favourite greatest hits of Madonna on iTunes.

Judging by the sales of recent female greatest hits albums, Madonna's will be lucky to reach 500,000, right?

Guest SoUnusual

UnOffical Press Release from Warner Brothers

Madonna's 4th Greatest Hits will be titled "(The Queen Of Pop) M.L.T.L.E.B.R.M.A.C.H (Too Good For Guy) THIS IS A REMIX" it will include a mix of all her albums over the past 30 years and some new ones plus a CD full of Remixs. The Cover will be made my a fan. A photoshoot will be done and photos will be available for her fans to use to make the cover.

Here's Mine:

157d7bc.jpg

p.s: The person that can decode M.L.T.L.E.B.R.M.A.C.H will win a free copy of M.L.T.L.E.B.R.M.A.C.H.