Pet Shop Boys were to produce for Hard Candy

got this from dm

Yesterday Pet Shop Boys gave media the chance to pre-listen to "Yes", their forthcoming new record, in London, for review purposes only and, after the album listening, Neil Tennant (Pet Shop Boys frontman) held a Q&A session with reporters.

One of the several questions they asked was about Pet Shop Boys latest (scrapped) collaborations and Neil shockingly stated that after remixing "Sorry" in 2006, they were contacted again by Warner, in 2007, and asked to write & produce some tracks for an album Madonna was planning at the time (which later became "Hard Candy")

Sadly, the same week Warner's changed mind and according to Neil own words "we got told to forget it as they decided to shove her down the r&b route" Neil stated Parlophone asked them to write for Kylie's "X" as well, before deciding to send Minogue out to other producers instead (one of the tracks featured on "Yes" (titled "Pandemonium") was actually written & demoed for her, along with other 5 cuts)

Source: PopJustice

Guest Rainbowz
got this from dm

Yesterday Pet Shop Boys gave media the chance to pre-listen to "Yes", their forthcoming new record, in London, for review purposes only and, after the album listening, Neil Tennant (Pet Shop Boys frontman) held a Q&A session with reporters.

One of the several questions they asked was about Pet Shop Boys latest (scrapped) collaborations and Neil shockingly stated that after remixing "Sorry" in 2006, they were contacted again by Warner, in 2007, and asked to write & produce some tracks for an album Madonna was planning at the time (which later became "Hard Candy")

Sadly, the same week Warner's changed mind and according to Neil own words "we got told to forget it as they decided to shove her down the r&b route" Neil stated Parlophone asked them to write for Kylie's "X" as well, before deciding to send Minogue out to other producers instead (one of the tracks featured on "Yes" (titled "Pandemonium") was actually written & demoed for her, along with other 5 cuts)

Source: PopJustice

wait so warners wanted it to be r&b?

Guest Danny86

On MTribe forum it was already established that in January 2007 Madonna was working with Pharrell so it's Warners who might have been out of the loop and asked PSB too late.

Guest Pud Whacker
wait so warners wanted it to be r&b?

well, its not just that either. her record company or management will tell the people no thanks or later, not her.

i didnt like the PSB remix and i dont really like their sound. I guess its just perosnal taste, but i dont like the

sound of his whiny backups. they annoy me.

fyi: i like the sound of mirwais & Orbit & even pharell ...but NOT PSB.

IM GLAD WARNER KICKED THEM TO THE CURB! :tongue::bruised::thumbsup:

Guest Danny86
well, its not just that either. her record company or management will tell the people no thanks or later, not her.

Yes, and I doubt they actually told PSB that Madonna is doing "R&B". They probably didn't know until "4 Minutes" hit the airwaves.

They where asked about it probably when she didn't know her direction yet (she told she didn't know what to do after Confessions).While promoting the Confessions dvd she said Pharrell was working at her London house, maybe Warner didn't know about that (I'm sure she can call people without ask Warner first).

Stuart Price said during an interview in 2007 that she was was going to do an r&b album, so it's not very odd Warner told them about her direction.

Guest Danny86
They where asked about it probably when she didn't know her direction yet (she told she didn't know what to do after Confessions).While promoting the Confessions dvd she said Pharrell was working at her London house, maybe Warner didn't know about that (I'm sure she can call people without ask Warner first).

Stuart Price said during an interview in 2007 that she was was going to do an r&b album, so it's not very odd Warner told them about her direction.

Stuart said that towards the end of 2007, when Timbaland & Justin already spoke up and we had the Pharrell leaks.

I'm sure Warner only told PSB that Madonna is doing a different direction, and when they found out what it is, they obviously didn't like it, that's why Neil spoke so lowly about it. Notice how he did not diss Kylie, because she stayed in the electro dance comfort zone. :lol:

Guest nothingfails0603
i didnt like the PSB remix and i dont really like their sound. I guess its just perosnal taste, but i dont like the

sound of his whiny backups. they annoy me.

fyi: i like the sound of mirwais & Orbit & even pharell ...but NOT PSB.

IM GLAD WARNER KICKED THEM TO THE CURB! :tongue::bruised::thumbsup:

because Candy Shop and 4 Minutes were soooo much better than what PSB could've given her :manson:

Stuart said that towards the end of 2007, when Timbaland & Justin already spoke up and we had the Pharrell leaks.

I'm sure Warner only told PSB that Madonna is doing a different direction, and when they found out what it is, they obviously didn't like it, that's why Neil spoke so lowly about it. Notice how he did not diss Kylie, because she stayed in the electro dance comfort zone. :lol:

Are you for real?You are SURE based on what?

And they didn't diss Madonna at all.

Oh, and btw I'm happy she worked with Pharrell instead.PSP are too camp and they sound too dated.They did great things, but it's tio change for them.

Guest nothingfails0603

I would've much rather a PSB collaboration in place of 4 Minutes, Candy Shop and Devil Wouldn't Recognize You on HC, but at the same time, it might be wise that it didn't happen. I love PSB and their productions, but they usually collaborate with artists regarded as camp and gay (Liza, Dusty, Kylie, Yoko...), unlike Liza Minnelli, Madonna is still considered more mainstream and less niche than that.

Are people reading this as a DISS to Madge from Neil and Chris ?

I would love a Madonna and PSB collaboration, my Top 2 artists of all time, would be fab

but, all in all, i still love HARD CANDY so im not complaining

Guest Pud Whacker

I would love a Madonna and PSB collaboration, my Top 2 artists of all time, would be fab

:thumbsup:

Guest nothingfails0603
Notice how he did not diss Kylie, because she stayed in the electro dance comfort zone. :lol:

well, Kylie had her own Hard Candy

Kylie%20Minogue%20-%20(2003)%20Body%20La

Sure they do. :nocomment:

Guest nothingfails0603
Sure they do. :nocomment:

that's what it seems like. Gotta love all the PSB hate because they take something they said as a diss. Come on, HC has three of Madonna's worst songs ever IMO, how could Neil and Chris have made Candy Shop worse than it already was? LOL

What is this diss you are talking about?

As bad as Hard Candy is I doubt the PSB would have done anything better for it. One song would be interesting but 2/3 would have been annoying. I like their earlier stuff but after the mid 90's they lost it IMO.

I would not be surprised if WB pushed M to to an RnB album.

I would've much rather a PSB collaboration in place of 4 Minutes, Candy Shop and Devil Wouldn't Recognize You on HC, but at the same time, it might be wise that it didn't happen. I love PSB and their productions, but they usually collaborate with artists regarded as camp and gay (Liza, Dusty, Kylie, Yoko...), unlike Liza Minnelli, Madonna is still considered more mainstream and less niche than that.

Looking at past Madge studio albums she generally worked with more than 2 producers (I'm counting Timberland & JT as one producer) it probably woulda made HC more intresting had she worked with a few more producers on tracks (after all the album only amounted to 12/13 songs she could've had a few more put on)

Guest AshLover1977
This one's far better than Vadge's.

Exactly. Body Language is my second fave Kylie album after Impossible Princess.

Hard Candy is like an album full of tracks of the level of Jimmy Jimmy from True Blue.

Guest nothingfails0603

I agree, Body Language is one of Kylie's best, Hard Candy's one of Madonna's worst. I honestly think BL was about two years ahead of it's time, Gwen did the same thing with LAMB and had a huge smash, yet Kylie's album was a bomb and killed her US momentum when I think it should've been the one to solidify her here.

Guest nothingfails0603
Dodged a real bullet there.

I know, thank god PSB weren't associated with that Fergie sounding shit