Madonna buying a townhouse on NYC's Upper ES

Bitch

Madonna to buy a townhouse on the upper ES?

Could Madonna finally be moving out of her Central Park West compound? Though Her Madgesty purchased a third apartment in Harperley Hall last spring, we hear shes close to buying a $38 million townhouse on the upper East Side. Yes, shes looked at lots of townhouses, but word is, shes said shes ready to sign on this one. "Her current building is, frankly, beneath her," says a source. "But she cant get past the co-op boards of better buildings." Bonus on this townhouse: a private garage, which would cut down on paparazzi interaction. Interestingly, shed be moving just after Yankee Alex Rodriguez, with whom she was once so close, rented a $30,000-a-month pad two blocks away from her on CPW.

http://www.nydailynews.com/gossip/2009/03/...in_baby_ba.html

Guest ditaluver

her current building is beneath her? yeah right.

although I have never been inside, its a great location and looks nice from the street haha

I doubt she'd sell her apartment(s) in her building, even if she purchases the townhouse on the ES.

She must really love this place, as she had it for around 20 years and she bought a third apartment there, less than a year ago.

ive always been surpirsed that she would live in a building that didnt have underground parking...

she has to walk out on the public street in plain eye view everytime she goes out. i find that kinda odd. :bruised:

Guest hot revolver

guys it is beneath her

townhouses are the ultimate sign of power in ny (my uncle owns one)

the only condos that are at the level is 15 cpw (sting lives there)

plus harperly hall isnt that great of a place compared to other centeral park buildings

Guest bedtimestorynyc

my dream is to live on..... Central Park SOUTH!!!!! :dramatic:

but anyway, NY has so many luxury living opportunities it's not even funny!!!!!

I doubt she'd sell her apartment(s) in her building, even if she purchases the townhouse on the ES.

She must really love this place, as she had it for around 20 years and she bought a third apartment there, less than a year ago.

I don't pay close-close attention to the stories about Madonna's homes and real estate, but I vaguely recall what you're talking about. Wasn't there also a story (around that time) that she wanted to buy a fourth on the same floor and it would have given her the whole floor then, but the co-op board was blocking it? That's pretty rude. I mean, if your neighbor was Madonna, I think you'd be happy to keep her happy. It's not like she's a disruptive influence. Although I guess there was that one noise complaint supposedly -- and all the paparazzi that must hang around.

Whatever, I just hope she has a place where she and the kids feel safe and at home. Everybody needs that.

Guest hot revolver
I don't pay close-close attention to the stories about Madonna's homes and real estate, but I vaguely recall what you're talking about. Wasn't there also a story (around that time) that she wanted to buy a fourth on the same floor and it would have given her the whole floor then, but the co-op board was blocking it? That's pretty rude. I mean, if your neighbor was Madonna, I think you'd be happy to keep her happy. It's not like she's a disruptive influence. Although I guess there was that one noise complaint supposedly -- and all the paparazzi that must hang around.

Whatever, I just hope she has a place where she and the kids feel safe and at home. Everybody needs that.

yeah but she filed a lawsuit and since its a lot of money for legal work they allowed her to purchase it if she dropped the suit.

The issue was about the third apartment; the co-op board did prevent her from buying the apartment for awhile. She eventually purchased the third apartment after suing them. She now has 3 apartments in that building (not 4).

I've heard about her having the entire floor; not sure whether it's true or not, as I don't know how many apartments on the floors in that building.

The upper east side is for the snooty and conservative, i don't see Madonna fitting in there with her family.

As far as her building being beneath her, highly doubt that's true, shes lived there for so long and sued the building to get the other apartment she could have just moved. Most of the building on Central Park West are for millionaires and Celebs, The Trump International Hotel which is like 4 blocks away has celebs living in there.

Howard Stern lives in CPW, isabella roselinni, I think Jerry Seinfield lives there too, his kid goes to school right opposite the street of Madonnas building.

Where Madonna lives people dont care and dont mob celebs, its residential, her daughter is always walking around with her Dad and no security, people in NYC dont bother celebs -they just look and dont approach,,unless their tourists.

Anyone who owns a condo in Manhattan (below 100th street) shows a sign of power, because you have to be a millionaire to own one.

Guest hot revolver

i didnt call u guys russian trash :(

i meant that a lot of wealthy russians live in cpw from wat i saw

I guess they said "it´s beneath her" because Harperly Hall is only a grade 2 property (I guess I read that somewhere). But it´s only grade 2 because of the lack of big or even huge apartments in the building. Maybe the Daily News believes she´s more Park Avenue. You know, old NY aristocracy. Anyway, she couldn´t pass the co-op board of the San Remo back in the 80´s. So there is no way she could pass the board of 740 or 835 Park Avenue.

Back to the townhouse. Maybe this is it (there was a rumor in late 2008): http://www.sothebyshomes.com/nyc/sales/0016074

Where she lives now is a perfect location for her kids, they just have to cross the street to central park. Seems like they love to go there and then up the block is lincoln center, all the shops and, theatre, movie.

She should buy an additional home in the Hamptons since shes staying in NYC.

• 2 weeks later...
I hear that Madonna has just purchased a townhouse priced $38.5 million on the Upper ES. I know the address, but will refrain from posting it here.

^ Yes, I see you read that too.

The guy did took the address down, after noted to him that it's not right to post it.

Why? Her current NYC address is about as secret as the location of the White House.

^ Um, yeah; she has been living there for about 20 years, so...

Guess he wanted to prevent from people sniffing around before she settles in.

^ Um, yeah; she has been living there for about 20 years, so...

Guess he wanted to prevent from people sniffing around before she settles in.

Um, they can sniff around the sidewalk, since there's no way they're getting into the place. So...

I wonder how much her CPW apartment will go for?

I think where she is moving to is a huge bore. If you have $$$ in NYC you want a great view, not to look out at concrete. I guess she just wants her privacy maybe the CPW apt was invasive due to neighbours and those doormen, have no idea. But that was a great location better where shes moving to. I hope she hires aot of security people for that townhouse.

She is much closer to the Kabbalah Centre now :tongue:

81st btwn lexington and 3rd ave.... :scared:

She's by me! only i have to cross the east river LOL