Westlife

7 #1

Eminem

McFly

6 #1

Sugababes

5 #1

Madonna

In terms of overall sales she's the sixth biggest selling number 1 act of the decade with combined sales of 2 million; Westlife are number 1 with 3.5 million sales. Despite the La La song, poor brave sick Kylie couldn't even make the top 10 with Atomic Kitten, S Club 7 and Britney Spears all selling more than her. :lmao:

In terms of overall sales she's the sixth biggest selling number 1 act of the decade with combined sales of 2 million; Westlife are number 1 with 3.5 million sales. Despite the La La song, poor brave sick Kylie couldn't even make the top 10 with Atomic Kitten, S Club 7 and Britney Spears all selling more than her. :lmao:

Kylie has only one #1 album in this decade :dramatic:

Oct 2000 - #2 - Light Years

Oct 2000 - #41 - Hits+

Oct 2001 - #1 - Fever

Nov 2002 - #20 - Greatest Hits 87-92

Nov 2003 - #6 - Body Language

Sep 2004 - NC - Kylie Minogue: Artist Collection (released in UK)

Dec 2004 - #4 - Ultimate Kylie

Jan 2007 - #7 - Showgirl: Homecoming Live in Sydney

Jul 2007 - NC - Confide in Me: The Irresistible Kylie (released in UK)

Dec 2007 - #4 - X

Jan 2009 - #28 - Boombox - The Remix Album 2000-2008

I wonder what QB will say. He predicted it a flop. I wonder if the repressed release means that it coul plummet next week? I dont think Shakira will do much better because the song is not good. Its one of her weakest lead singles.

Will you ever get that logic is FLAWED when it comes to charts? It is never about quality, seems people like you will never be able to separate the 2 and will let charts dictate your taste.

Ddid nt Mariah have some sort of Love Songs album which did reasonably well because of tthe X Factor performance?

She does not have much of a presence in the UK - the UK has always been more pro-Whitney. She is no5 airplay with OMB which she has not even promoted yet.

I think it did better than her studio album indeed, but only because "Hero" was covered by the X-Factor cast and she performed it with them.

When you have a bad day dont spend time on the internet, just go out for a walk, it will clear your head.

Will you ever get that logic is FLAWED when it comes to charts? It is never about quality, seems people like you will never be able to separate the 2 and will let charts dictate your taste.

When you have a bad day dont spend time on the internet, just go out for a walk, it will clear your head.

No bad day here and I'd point out your nonsense posts about song quality in a chart thread anyday, since this thread is for proper UK chart talk and not drama.

In 10 hours the first midweeks info is out and unfortunately this thread will be filled with the usual meltdown...

No bad day here and I'd point out your nonsense posts about song quality in a chart thread anyday, since this thread is for proper UK chart talk and not drama.

In 10 hours the first midweeks info is out and unfortunately this thread will be filled with the usual meltdown...

VOICE OF REASON

That's GREAT!!! Hope she can maintain her lead!

Full list:

Singles

1 Taio Cruz 15.4k

2 Jay-Z feat. Alicia Keys 13.2

3 David Guetta feat. Akon 13k

4 Jay-Z feat. Rihanna/Kanye 9.9k

5 Black Eyed Peas 8.7k

Top 10

Shakira

Top 15

Kings of Leon [sOF]

Temper Trap

Top 20

Kings of Leon [uS]

Lady GaGa [LG]

Basshunter

Top 30

Pitbull

Taylor Swift

Jade Ewen

Top 40

Alicia Keys

Example

Albums

1 Madonna 21.9k

2 Muse 17.7k

3 Dizzee Rascal 16.8k

4 Mika 14.8k

5 Pearl Jam 13.3k

Top 10

Cliff Richard & The Shadows

Top 15

Madness

Richard Hawley

Top 20

Brand New

Beyonce

Top 30

Basement Jaxx

Robbie Williams [GH]

Monsters of Folk

Coldplay

Top 40

Michael Bolton

Gary Numan

Hope we'll get to hear about her singles charts entries!

mmmhhh!!!!!

not bad but not enough i hope could hold!

I think the fact that Tesco have it featured in a good position in the store (special new music display box and Number 1 in their charts) - means that a lot of casual supermarket shoppers are going to snap this up.

I see this week as very importan to get number one - maybe her only chance with the album BUT I think peak sales weeks will come later this year.

I'd like M's camp to get her to do some promotion for it! Confirm the X factor and get her on the European MTV awards maybe Children in need in the UK like she did with Hung Up.

This compilation still has a lot of potential! BIG sales will come.

Finally - does this midweek sales include all the pre orders? From HMV and amazon?

Yes, the preorders are included, and of course sales of single and double CD are combined.

Singles charts:

Celebration Top 10

Its So Cool Top 110

Revolver Top 180

God yes get her to do some PROMO

Id love X Factor for her to do REVOLVER and then maybe the VOgue from S&S or Like a Prayer...

And the EMA's also....

Wont happen of course, shes probably too busy dressing up and channelling WALLIS SIMPSON for the film

God yes get her to do some PROMO

Id love X Factor for her to do REVOLVER and then maybe the VOgue from S&S or Like a Prayer...

And the EMA's also....

Wont happen of course, shes probably too busy dressing up and channelling WALLIS SIMPSON for the film

I'm going now to buy the extra copy for my son I was going to buy in a week or so.

He's 6 and has stolen the copy I bought yesterday. Out of interest he really loves Burning Up - played it about 4 times this morning before school. Doesn't bother him it didn't top the charts ;} Very good choice for this cd!

Off to purchase now! Maybe I'll do the job of putting Madonna's cd over every other album in tesco's while I'm in there!!!

Not exactly setting the charts alight but given the lack of promo who would have expected it to.

I'm beginning to think the few interviews are all she'll do for this - rumours of X Factor were obviously wishful thinking.

There's NO WAY she'll do the EMAs - not with Lady Ga Ga planning to perform.

where did quality come in to this? you have hi-lighted what i wrote yet you drag quality in it. she wolf is not a good song, its an overall crap song with nothing to match previous Shakira lead singles. as i statec earlier it is not good. its pretty much a crap song to put out as a lead single and has nothing of the excitement you would expect in its title. this week it appears to be on its way down, although its not over yet. i am very surprised it has actually even gone top 10 and has been of any interest to the general public.

why dont you actually read what people write and give up thinking your some "corrector" on this board. i really dont have time to argue over what i write and how people interpret it. i think its a sad thing that so many people come here and start arguing on a personal level over petty issues (not directed at you btw). i hope not to join that group.

peace!

Not exactly setting the charts alight but given the lack of promo who would have expected it to.

I'm beginning to think the few interviews are all she'll do for this - rumours of X Factor were obviously wishful thinking.

There's NO WAY she'll do the EMAs - not with Lady Ga Ga planning to perform.

Given that X Factor live shows even don't start for another month, it's a bit early to say she won't be doing it. Christ, you really are a broken record. Seriously, what pleasure do you gain from just being constantly negative for the sake of it?

Madonna is looking to equal Elvis PresleyÂ’s total of 11 UK album number ones this weekend with her new retrospective Celebration opening up a narrow lead at retail.

The double set is presently a few thousand sales ahead of its nearest rival, fellow Warner Bros release The Resistance by Muse, which debuted at one last Sunday.

If Celebration remains in front it will place Madonna in joint second place with Presley behind The Beatles with the most UK chart-topping albums. Her tally of 10 album number ones dates back to 1984Â’s Like A Virgin and also takes in the Evita soundtrack, which features both her and other artists.

:wow:

Given that X Factor live shows even don't start for another month, it's a bit early to say she won't be doing it. Christ, you really are a broken record. Seriously, what pleasure do you gain from just being constantly negative for the sake of it?

A bit like Madonna's ability to come up with decent musical output then - she can't even exploit her back catalogue properly. :lmao:

*FLUSH* :queenbitch:

If she is doing x factor they won't announce it until after the boot camp stage of the show.

It's boot camp next week. Maybe week after too.

I think M will do it. I also think she will do other promo this year.

As for number 1 this week! Everyone buy those Xmas presents early! This is the best chance week for number 1! Every sale helps.

http://www.musicweek.com/story.asp?sectioncode=1&storycode=1038734&c=1

Madonna is looking to equal Elvis Presley’s total of 11 UK album number ones this weekend with her new retrospective Celebration opening up a narrow lead at retail.

The double set is presently a few thousand sales ahead of its nearest rival, fellow Warner Bros release The Resistance by Muse, which debuted at one last Sunday.

If Celebration remains in front it will place Madonna in joint second place with Presley behind The Beatles with the most UK chart-topping albums. Her tally of 10 album number ones dates back to 1984’s Like A Virgin and also takes in the Evita soundtrack, which features both her and other artists.

^That is from MusicWeek. :)

Mika's first single was not a megahit and obviously he's not treated as the next big thing anymore, plus after one album you don't have a built in fanbase that could put you #1.

There is a good chance the album will enter at 2 on sunday. Its lead over Muse is not great considering the frontloaded sales. That said, with the TV adverts and good placing in Tesco etc then she is likely to have good sales through the week to keep her ahead. Plus bought the album yesterday and I think it is a really good package.

Also, the Celebration single is gaining on itunes plus with the other versions available it will have a good chance of falling only slightly by the week end.