The Official UK Charts Thread

thebigham

Exactly? So now you agree it is not Flopping at all too? oh, bitches are not at the height of events anymore!

Talk to my shadow! bitch! :vogue:

I really can't be bothered to read your diatribe but I've scanned it and get the gist - now FUCK OFF.

well, well, someone's got some nerves touched! :clap:

The fact is Madonna has already moved on from this project.

I don't think she likes the idea of promoting former glories.

I do think she'll want to come up with something special with her first release under new management, or rather, she has to.

What the Celebration collection shows is that she definitely has it in her to do just that.

I don't understand though, how anyone can call this woman lazy when some of you sit on your fat asses chatting about her all day.

Isn't what she's doing in Malawi something special? She's working, she's just not doing what you think she should be doing. She's older, wiser and her priorities are changing. Thats a good thing.

I Think that we are going a little bit too far guys!

Some people are here to annoying!!!

With reasons based on non fact!

So leave them alone!

Avoid them is the best way!!!!

I really can't be bothered to read your diatribe but I've scanned it and get the gist - now FUCK OFF.

Sorry but please do us all a favor and leave us alone

if you hate Madonna so much don't be a pathetic person who spend all your time discussing the woman

Au contraire - I just find it highly amusing that some loon would go to the trouble of registering a new account and posting several paragraphs, on the assumption that I would even read it let alone give a damn :lmao:

wow, you've moved from a pathetic worm to an Esquizophrenic one because your ego is so big that you think someone would take the nuisance of creating a new account to say something in your Prima Donna face? Paranoia at its top. And sorry that now i stop replying to your bullshit which is boring and so of the bugs class.I'll ignore you, bitch!

Edited by charles

Its very early to judge if the album is a flop right now. It has still been out 6 weeks and who knows there may be some promo campaign later on in the year. If the album does not sell over a million then I would not consider it a success. GH's in the UK can sell a lot and as we have seen with TIC sales will be good over a long term period. Madonna has been a huge and very consistent seller in the UK. This album should be a blockbuster seller whether loons like to admit it or not. It does not mean I expect it to sell 3 million.

Is the industry really that bad that the career best off could actually end up less selling globally than what COADF sold in the UK alone?

Its funny how some people talk about chart postions being irrelevant yet they are more than excited about Mariah flopping.

What should M do? Promote the album or raise Malawi's profile? To be honest charity work should always come first.

Cheryl Cole is not worth it!

I wonder when the press backlash will start? Perhaps next year? Q gave '3 Words' a 4-star rating, a full page review AND included it in its Top 50 Best Albums of the YEAR. They called the title track "experimental" and "left-field" and said that Cole is "heading for America" :manson: . This and the fact that they didn't even bother to review 'Celebration' when they have a dedicated compilations section proves this magazine has gone down the toilet.

Didn't Celebration just spend it's first 3 weeks of release in the number one spot of the UK album chart? Do the people calling this a flop realize that you can't do any better than number one? Nothing else was selling more than this album for 3 weeks. Also, it's not like it was a fluke number one...it stayed there for weeks. I know it may not be meeting the sales expectations of THE FANS but realistically and RATIONALLY WTF were people expecting from this? People not only want her to be on top but to be on top with numbers that defy the current sales climate.

I almost wish Madonna would "flop" (as long as the music good) with her next album just so her fans can see what a "flop" really is and realize the numbers she pulls in are quite good. Truly only whoever is "hot" at the moment pulls in more than her on such a consistent basis. We should be enjoying the continuous success she has because it won't last forever and I don't care what anybody says, it IS fun (for chart geeks anyways) to see your favorite kill 'em with chart stats and sales.

I know this is a UK thread but she has just sold about 1,000,000 copies worldwide in a month of an album full of songs that anybody could've made themselves for free if they want to. It has been the number one selling album in the world since it's release. You can't really do much better than that.

Didn't Celebration just spend it's first 3 weeks of release in the number one spot of the UK album chart? Do the people calling this a flop realize that you can't do any better than number one? Nothing else was selling more than this album for 3 weeks. Also, it's not like it was a fluke number one...it stayed there for weeks. I know it may not be meeting the sales expectations of THE FANS but realistically and RATIONALLY WTF were people expecting from this? People not only want her to be on top but to be on top with numbers that defy the current sales climate.

I almost wish Madonna would "flop" (as long as the music good) with her next album just so her fans can see what a "flop" really is and realize the numbers she pulls in are quite good. Truly only whoever is "hot" at the moment pulls in more than her on such a consistent basis. We should be enjoying the continuous success she has because it won't last forever and I don't care what anybody says, it IS fun (for chart geeks anyways) to see your favorite kill 'em with chart stats and sales.

I know this is a UK thread but she has just sold about 1,000,000 copies worldwide in a month of an album full of songs that anybody could've made themselves for free if they want to. It has been the number one selling album in the world since it's release. You can't really do much better than that.

:clap:

Guest Danny86
Is the industry really that bad that the career best off could actually end up less selling globally than what COADF sold in the UK alone?

Yes, it is THAT bad. I don't know why you're going on about "but it should sell more because of her status" when there were no signs that this GH could defy gravity. TIC was already dead last year, cherry-picking killed it, GHV2 was never a huge seller and almost never re-entered the charts, so why a third GH would suddenly cause interest? Like someone said, in 2009 it's naive to think there were a lot of people holding off for a 2 disc GH because it doesn't work like that anymore.

And you can bet both Madonna and Warner are well-aware of how sales are nowadays and they surely didn't expect it to outsell TIC or whatever expectations fans raised. It's weird that fans are actually more frustrated about people not buying CDs when others had already moved on.

I almost wish Madonna would "flop" (as long as the music good) with her next album just so her fans can see what a "flop" really is and realize the numbers she pulls in are quite good.

Well, it is going to happen since it's almost 100% sure that no matter what, her next album will sell less than HC's worldwide sales. But then I'm sure the same people will go on about Madonna being "lazy" and "lost it after 2006", so nothing will change.

when did she tell you this?

dont be so fucking stupid, the fact that to promote this album she has done ONE tv interview for some channel in france would suggest she thinks that is all thats necessary. :rolleyes:

oh but i forgot, her priorities have changed shes now too busy planting trees in Africa. maybe she should donate that £120million live nation contract to the starving of africa.

Chart Covers Sales Up Until Midnight On Wednesday

1 N 1 Cheryl Cole 3 Words

2 2 2 Michael Buble Crazy Love

3 N 1 Michael Jackson This Is It

4 1 2 Alexandra Burke Overcome

5 N 1 The Soldiers Coming Home

6 N 1 Katherine Jenkins Believe

7 3 2 Whitney Houston I Look To You

8 5 22 Paolo Nutini Sunny Side Up

9 N 1 Daniel O'Donnell Peace In The Valley

10 6 44 Fleetwood Mac The Very Best Of

24 14 6 Madonna Celebration

37 28 3 Shakira She Wolf

No, it went in at 1 and then spent 2 weeks at 2, narrowly missing the top spot both weeks by a few hundred sales.

BTW - Cheryl is almost guaranteed top spots in both charts, her lead in singles is huge and she is heading for 150k in the albums. It is half terms week and her sales on Tuesday (30k) almost matched monday's (31k). Buble is doing very well but not these numbers. Perhaps Jacko could do it but it looks likely that due to half term week and end of the month pay day that her sales are going to be strong all week.

In fact all of the albums market should be good so hoping Madonna can still have sales similar to last week despite the fall in chart position.

Fair play to Cheryl's management - they have perfectly timed her album release to maximise sales and capitalise on her current popular status.

He’s quite clearly not, given that you can barely go into any Madonna thread without him saying the same thing. Over and over and over. All day long. Thankfully I just discovered the ‘ignore’ function, which should ease matters somewhat as his constant trolling was close to making me delete.

Yes, good move if the posts irritates you.