The Official UK Charts Thread

thebigham

yeah, 4 heaven sake, what is the appeal of Westlife LOL? Its been said b4- but I think theyre most def. the UK version of Mariah - sh*t, fly by night, 4gettable music - only w/ the goal of hitting #1 the 1st week or so - due to a crazy fanbase. All they pretty much put out are karoake like cover songs. Although Im content that they may not get another #1, it's only cause Cheryls song is this epic, out of the ordinary success. Almost any other week, they wouldve gotten another #1- hands down. #2 in this case is too good, and itll just motivate them to NOT go away lol!!!

yeah, 4 heaven sake, what is the appeal of Westlife LOL? Its been said b4- but I think theyre most def. the UK version of Mariah - sh*t, fly by night, 4gettable music - only w/ the goal of hitting #1 the 1st week or so - due to a crazy fanbase. All they pretty much put out are karoake like cover songs. Although Im content that they may not get another #1, it's only cause Cheryls song is this epic, out of the ordinary success. Almost any other week, they wouldve gotten another #1- hands down. #2 in this case is too good, and itll just motivate them to NOT go away lol!!!

It's the single mums on council estates who dream of being whisked off by Shane who buy it. Cheryl also captures that audience as they all want to be her - she is the new queen of the chavs following in the footsteps of those esteemed role models of Kerry Katona, Katie Price and Victoria (not Posh at all) Beckham.

I don't mind either of them although their music sucks big time. Girls Aloud have some good songs but Cheryl's single is just a bad rip off of that bad Kelis song!

Oh yes, I still have bought Celebration as I'm waiting for the bloody vinyl version so that's one more sale in the bag when it comes! 200k here we come!

I am shocked at how quickly Celebration is falling but I guess it just further shows the changing conditions of the music industry. I am not a fan of Madonna because she is popular but I prefer it when she is so I hoped this album would appeal to many more buyers than it currently is, even allowing for the lack of promotion. Madonna used to be able to hardly promote her releases but they sold on her massive reputation. These days it seems everyone HAS to promote to get any decent sales, plus Greatest Hits are harder to push because of cherry picking. Celebration's 36 songs should have overcome this problem and there is the cheaper one disc. Hopefully it will reignite during late November/ December, when it could and should be an essential Christmas purchase. I would also love her to promote her stuff so I can see her being interviewed/ perform.

Oh, bloody Westlife. They have come up with some lazy covers before but this takes the biscuit. Hastily recording by numbers a song by Daughtry that has been used as a music back drop for weeks on the X Factor shows that their upcoming album is once again a hit free zone. This latest release doesn't even have a video and has only just been serviced to radio. Its success this week is a genius move by their management as it will probably save their album from disastrous sales. People are buying it because when they heard it on Sunday night they would have thought, "ah that was Westlife for all those weeks", what a great song. They would probably never realise it was Daughtry's version all along.

:americanlife: at shitty Cheryl getting the double although she could be caught on albums as she isn't that far ahead of Buble and Jacko could have massive sales later in the week. That said, she will prevent Westlife from reaching number 1 - every cloud...

Have to admit there are a lot of excuses about her dropping, not having eough sales - sometimes its new entries, sometimes the market is not what it used to be, sometimes its not seeling because tracks are cherry-picked!

So what's the excuse this week :lmao:

Have to admit there are a lot of excuses about her dropping, not having eough sales - sometimes its new entries, sometimes the market is not what it used to be, sometimes its not seeling because tracks are cherry-picked!

:grr:

Could you STOP posting above the quote please? It's really fucking annoying and makes your posts impossible to follow.

Guest nikolakisgreece

whats happening in album sales ?

anyone can provide exact album sales numbers?

im so anxious for michael ! he deserves number 1 !

whats happening in album sales ?

anyone can provide exact album sales numbers?

im so anxious for michael ! he deserves number 1 !

he deservers number 1, but this project is lame...and the fact that you haver to buy all the album to have the unreleased song... :rant:

But none of Madonna's classic songs have been cherry-picked.

Eh? You don't think the public go out nowadays and download a song they like straight away rather than wait years/ months for a possible future Greatest Hits?

The album is FLOPPING BIGTIME - FACT :vanitybonet:

And if Madonna didn't expect/want it to sell, why release it. It costs money to commission artwork and produce compilation CDs so they could have just not bothered had they she thought the 'industry has changed and they don't sell anymore' :lmao:

Chart Covers Sales Up Until Midnight On Tuesday

1 N 1 Cheryl Cole 3 Words Various Fascination 2721459 \2723582 \2724424 Arvato

2 2 2 Michael Buble Crazy Love Foster/ Rock/ Gatica/ Chang Reprise 9362497077 \9362497192 \9362497193 \9362497377 Cinram

3 N 1 Michael Jackson This Is It tbc Sony 88697606742 \Catco154816800 \Catco154849402 Arvato

4 1 2 Alexandra Burke Overcome Various Syco 88697460232 Arvato

5 N 1 The Soldiers Coming Home Patrick Rhino 2564685743 Cinram

6 N 1 Katherine Jenkins Believe tbc Warner Brothers 2564685674 \2564685947 Cinram

7 3 2 Whitney Houston I Look To You Various Arista 88697100332 \Ari7100332 \Catco153393237 \Catco153421145 \Catco154683692 Arvato

8 5 22 Paolo Nutini Sunny Side Up Nutini/ Jones Atlantic 825646901371 Cinram

9 N 1 Daniel O'Donnell Peace In The Valley tbc DMG TV Dmgtv036 \Catco154801520 Sony Dadc Uk

10 15 21 Black Eyed Peas The E.N.D.

25 14 6 Madonna Celebration

35 26 5 Barbra Streisand Love Is

40 28 3 Shakira She Wolf

Its compleye ABSURD if you think Madonna wouldnt care about an album doing well, she clearly thinks her name alone will sell it and for that reason this shit is sinking.

As far as the album itself, QB why have you spread the word (around the world so you think :lmao:) that the album is shit? Its just a collection of all her greatest hits, as far as these collections go, it is one of the strongest I have ever seen from any artist.

Oh and gaga looks like a fucking TWAT in your sig, if only the flabby cabaret singer has SUFFOCATED in those feathers :lmao:

Guest Danny86

Its compleye ABSURD if you think Madonna wouldnt care about an album doing well, she clearly thinks her name alone will sell it and for that reason this shit is sinking.

There's absolutely no evidence to Madonna being concerned if the GH sells 200k or 400k. She does not care about greatest hits albums, every fan knows that, it's released because it's a contractual obligation. She had already moved onto another label that does not focus on selling CDs and it's not like album sales in the past decade funded Raising Malawi or the education of her children.

I don't see why some constantly feel the need to make assumptions about her only to be able to bash her week after week (or day after day).

Sinking... I don't understand how some of you still think it's 1990 and she should be moving millions of units. Times have changed people and CDs are not selling like they once did. The drama that you all bring to this board is uninformed and unnecessary. Moving almost a million units in 4 weeks ww for music that everyone has is great by today's standards. It should also be noted that the album has sold three times as much ww than another comp diva.

Some people really are utter morons. The biggest albums in the world these days sell 4 million copies. Lady Gaga has taken 14 months to sell 4 million copies. U2’s album is the biggest released this year and it’s sold just over 3 million. Anyone who thinks selling almost a million in a month is a ‘flop’ is just a complete idiot, and really not worth arguing with.

The album is FLOPPING BIGTIME - FACT :vanitybonet:

And if Madonna didn't expect/want it to sell, why release it. It costs money to commission artwork and produce compilation CDs so they could have just not bothered had they she thought the 'industry has changed and they don't sell anymore' :lmao:

I Really get annoyed by you bitch, your pathetic attempts to try to claim some "reason" really got me pissed off. You're like a cocky worm who yells shit as if u had something stuff in your arse. You want to make ur "points" valid but there's only hatred and a "want to diminish madonna" attitude. And what's more sad is that you know what u say is pure nonsense and get delighted with ur childish attitude.

Celebration, a Greates Hits album already has surpassed the 800,000 copies worldwide. It's true that it doesn’t even reach the 100,000 in the US and can become her lowest sales album ever, but this doesn't only goes for her, as every artist is having their lowest sales ever there.But, Celebration, a Greatest Hits album,surpasses the 700,000 out the US. So that you have an idea, Mariah has only sold 100,000 outside the US with an album of new music, Whitney Houston is around 1 million thus far worldwide, and over 3/4 sold in the US alone so that would give her around 200,000 sold outside the US.Barbra Sreisand is around 4,500k worldwide, and over 300k in the US alone for only 150k worldwide. All of these Divas are out with New Albums. So this gives a hint of how terrible well Madonna is doing with a Greatest Hits album despite its sales in the US. The US is not a definitive market anymore. Just take a look at artists like Lilly Allen, The Prodigy, Depeche Mode; they all have sales of +900k to 1.500 k this year and have sales in the US below the 200k mark. So if you, with your irrational, irritating and nonsense reasoning consider Celebration,the album, a Flop, then you need an enema of awareness.

So, the numbers for Celebration and its comparison with other mainstream artists shows it's no Flop at all, but it's not a mega mega success either, and it was not supposed to be anyway, if so it would be very sad that a Greates Hits gets to be the biggest success of the year...lol...

Now you, bitch!;jump, like a bubbleing worm you are, into the concerts zone to add more crap, and all this because u are a big fan of lady Gaga?. Talk to my hand.

Not in any way trying to defend all of QBs points, but this is a thread about the UK charts, not worldwide sales.

I think QB is mainly commenting on the album "flopping" in the UK.

I personally don't think the album has or is flopping but I would also like it to hang around the top 20 and then climb again for the big December rush. And like I said earlier, I want the album to be a massive (relative to the market) seller because the album is a brilliant and worthwhile addition to any music collection and celebrates her Warner years. I couldn't care less whether Madonna is bothered by what numbers the album sells.

I just highly doubt Madonna releasing an album (greatest hits or not) wouldn't want it to sell well. lets be honest here. I dont actually think it is flopping AT ALL its just that the lazy slag could at least do a bit of promotion :lmao:

Not in any way trying to defend all of QBs points, but this is a thread about the UK charts, not worldwide sales.

I personally don't think the album has or is flopping but I would also like it to hang around the top 20 and then climb again for the big December rush. And like I said earlier, I want the album to be a massive (relative to the market) seller because the album is a brilliant and worthwhile addition to any music collection and celebrates her Warner years. I couldn't care less whether Madonna is bothered by what numbers the album sells.

He’s quite clearly not, given that you can barely go into any Madonna thread without him saying the same thing. Over and over and over. All day long. Thankfully I just discovered the ‘ignore’ function, which should ease matters somewhat as his constant trolling was close to making me delete.

Celebration, a Greates Hits album already has surpassed the 800,000 copies worldwide. It's true that it doesn’t even reach the 100,000 in the US and can become her lowest sales album ever, but this doesn't only goes for her, as every artist is having their lowest sales ever there.But, Celebration, a Greatest Hits album,surpasses the 700,000 out the US. So that you have an idea, Mariah has only sold 100,000 outside the US with an album of new music, Whitney Houston is around 1 million thus far worldwide, and over 3/4 sold in the US alone so that would give her around 200,000 sold outside the US.Barbra Sreisand is around 4,500k worldwide, and over 300k in the US alone for only 150k worldwide. All of these Divas are out with New Albums. So this gives a hint of how terrible well Madonna is doing with a Greatest Hits album despite its sales in the US. The US is not a definitive market anymore. Just take a look at artists like Lilly Allen, The Prodigy, Depeche Mode; they all have sales of +900k to 1.500 k this year and have sales in the US below the 200k mark.

:clap:

Have you actually read his posts in any other thread?

Total negativity and what's worse based on nonsense

I wonder what the excuses will be when the concerts start flopping and more and more shows are cancelled or she's playing to more and more half empty houses :lmao:

you really are an asshole!

when did she tell you this?

I Really get annoyed by you bitch, your pathetic attempts to try to claim some "reason" really got me pissed off. You're like a cocky worm who yells shit as if u had something stuff in your arse. You want to make ur "points" valid but there's only hatred and a "want to diminish madonna" attitude. And what's more sad is that you know what u say is pure nonsense and get delighted with ur childish attitude.

Celebration, a Greates Hits album already has surpassed the 800,000 copies worldwide. It's true that it doesnt even reach the 100,000 in the US and can become her lowest sales album ever, but this doesn't only goes for her, as every artist is having their lowest sales ever there.But, Celebration, a Greatest Hits album,surpasses the 700,000 out the US. So that you have an idea, Mariah has only sold 100,000 outside the US with an album of new music, Whitney Houston is around 1 million thus far worldwide, and over 3/4 sold in the US alone so that would give her around 200,000 sold outside the US.Barbra Sreisand is around 4,500k worldwide, and over 300k in the US alone for only 150k worldwide. All of these Divas are out with New Albums. So this gives a hint of how terrible well Madonna is doing with a Greatest Hits album despite its sales in the US. The US is not a definitive market anymore. Just take a look at artists like Lilly Allen, The Prodigy, Depeche Mode; they all have sales of +900k to 1.500 k this year and have sales in the US below the 200k mark. So if you, with your irrational, irritating and nonsense reasoning consider Celebration,the album, a Flop, then you need an enema of awareness.

So, the numbers for Celebration and its comparison with other mainstream artists shows it's no Flop at all, but it's not a mega mega success either, and it was not supposed to be anyway, if so it would be very sad that a Greates Hits gets to be the biggest success of the year...lol...

Now you, bitch!;jump, like a bubbleing worm you are, into the concerts zone to add more crap, and all this because u are a big fan of lady Gaga?. Talk to my hand.

I really can't be bothered to read your diatribe but I've scanned it and get the gist - now FUCK OFF.