The Official UK Charts Thread

thebigham

queen bith are you a madonna fan,or a kylie fan????????and do you really think that kylie is original???

I've been a huge Madonna fan for years but I just feel she's lost it for most part of this decade so I can't say I'm bothered about her plans for future recordings or tours. A for thinking Kylie is original :lmao: Check out my posts in the the Kylie thread in the pop princesses forum and you'll find your answer to that part of your question :demonic:

I am surprised that has been Robbie has shifted 40k plus with his average new single, despite the X Factor promo. It just shows that the X Factor really does help create immediate sales.

Alexandra's sales are amazing, boosted by the X Factor performance, but no doubt would have been huge anyway. I really hope her sales stay high enough to prevent Cheryl Cole from getting to number 1 next week. Crappy Cheryl is being allowed to perform on the X Factor so she too will have a major initial boost. Poor Dannii wasn't allowed to promote her shitty single a couple of years ago though I suppose Cheryl's song is better and she is the "golden child".

The rest of the midweeks will be interesting, though I am off to NYC tomorrow am for 6 nights so I doubt I will be online to check up the latest news.

I am surprised that has been Robbie has shifted 40k plus with his average new single, despite the X Factor promo. It just shows that the X Factor really does help create immediate sales.

I partially agree although the reaction to Robbie's performance seems to be unanimously negative so it could just be his diehards buying the track. I slagged his performance of on youtube and my email account has been innundated with angry responses from his fans - I'm talking hundreds within an hour!

Alexandra's sales are amazing, boosted by the X Factor performance, but no doubt would have been huge anyway. I really hope her sales stay high enough to prevent Cheryl Cole from getting to number 1 next week. Crappy Cheryl is being allowed to perform on the X Factor so she too will have a major initial boost. Poor Dannii wasn't allowed to promote her shitty single a couple of years ago though I suppose Cheryl's song is better and she is the "golden child".

I liked Cheryl last year but she really is starting to IRRITATE - I'm more than a little irked that she's going to have a big hit on the back of this, when she's no better than Posh.

hough I am off to NYC tomorrow am for 6 nights so I doubt I will be online to check up the latest news.

Oh have a FABULOUS time, I love New York - I must go again soon.

Noticed Celebration was advertised in the final ad break before the bottom two acts were announced on The X Factor Sunday. This will probably be the last time the commercial is aired for a while I think, unless they give it another push before Christmas. WBR UK obviously spent more money for the commercial to be aired during prime spots rather than regular rotation across all channels.

Holy shit at Alex's sales, though it's not that much of a surprise. And Cheryl will be number one next week, it's the number one pre-ordered single on iTunes, number two in airplay and will benefit from her X Factor performance which hopefully will be CAR CRASH television if she performs live. Was Alex miming on Saturday? If so, Cheryl might be saved.

It is of course unrealistic to expect that Madonna could sustain her peak level of popularity indefinitely. And it's clear by now that she doesn't care much for chart positions and other achievements discussed in this forum. Even so, and after 25 years in the music industry and a rock n roll hall of fame induction, she will be in the top 10 list of top selling albums worldwide for the second year in a row. Fact is, most of the current, red hot artists of the moment struggle to outsell her worldwide.

Alexandra was singing along to a backing track - no doubt Cheryl will do the same although I suspect it will be more backing track and less singing along :demonic:

And Cheryl's pre-recording her performance. It's funny how this year is Dannii's year and we've fallen out of love with Cheryl.

And Cheryl's pre-recording her performance.

:lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

I think Miley Cyrus did this last year but that was excusable if she had prior commitments on the night of the live show. Cheryl has no excuse- her arse will be sitting on the judging panel while they air the video. :lmao: What is she going to do - introduce herself?

It is of course unrealistic to expect that Madonna could sustain her peak level of popularity indefinitely. And it's clear by now that she doesn't care much for chart positions and other achievements discussed in this forum. Even so, and after 25 years in the music industry and a rock n roll hall of fame induction, she will be in the top 10 list of top selling albums worldwide for the second year in a row. Fact is, most of the current, red hot artists of the moment struggle to outsell her worldwide.

FACT! :queenbitch:

If Madonna is nt interested in CD's then why does she bother to release them? She did not stop releasing CD singles in the USA even though they did not account for much. There is no gaurantee that her tours will always be as successful as they have been.

People say she is not interested in chart positions etc but why is she keen to work with the hottest US property of the moment ie Timberlake, Kanye, Lil Wayne?

She is over 50 now and theres no way young people are going to pay any attention to her with the latest sound. Judging by her last 2 albums she wants to stay "current". Without promo she will never recruit new fans and those that she has at the moment will dwindle.

It would be interesting to see where her next musical direction will lie. Somehow, I doubt it will be anything spectacular.

Seriously, what the hell is this discussion about? The way some of you are going on you would think ‘Celebration’ had plummeted out of the charts instead of being in the top 5 a month after release and selling close to 200,000 with minimal promo. It’s already showed that it has staying power and it’ll sell a lot more in the run up to Christmas. The fact that album sales as a whole are down is nothing to so with Madonna and whether she does promo or not.

If Madonna is nt interested in CD's then why does she bother to release them? She did not stop releasing CD singles in the USA even though they did not account for much. There is no gaurantee that her tours will always be as successful as they have been.

People say she is not interested in chart positions etc but why is she keen to work with the hottest US property of the moment ie Timberlake, Kanye, Lil Wayne?

She is over 50 now and theres no way young people are going to pay any attention to her with the latest sound. Judging by her last 2 albums she wants to stay "current". Without promo she will never recruit new fans and those that she has at the moment will dwindle.

It would be interesting to see where her next musical direction will lie. Somehow, I doubt it will be anything spectacular.

SENSE :clap:

It appears Cheryl will be pre-recording song AND miming for the majority while only actually singing live for a few lines! Source Digitalspy.

Edit: Cheryl now saying she will def sing totally live.

I've been a huge Madonna fan for years but I just feel she's lost it for most part of this decade so I can't say I'm bothered about her plans for future recordings or tours. :demonic:

I wonder why you bother coming here then..... All your comments are full of negativity.

I realize you are excited about Gaga but maybe you should consider that she's just starting and not be deluded

into thinking that you can achieve the kind of fame level Madonna enjoys (and that she has built during the course

of a quarter of a century) in just 12 months, two years or five years whatever. There are not even the conditions

anymore to achieve that kind of fame nowadays...... and by the way there's not just the 80s Madonna you know

She has been critically and commercially successful (most of the time) during the span of three decades not just

one

NEW 1 19,453 IN THIS LIGHT AND ON THIS EVEN EDITORS

NEW 2 12,694 I AM CHIPMUNK CHIPMUNK

NEW 3 11,381 SHE WOLF SHAKIRA

2 4 10,634 CELEBRATION MADONNA

NEW 5 9,396 WORDSHAKER SATURDAYS

1 6 8,930 LOVE IS THE ANSWER BARBRA STREISAND

5 7 8,765 WE'LL MEET AGAIN - THE VERY BE VERA LYNN

6 8 7,645 THE BLUEPRINT 3 JAY-Z

9 9 7,569 TONGUE N'CHEEK DIZZEE RASCAL

7 10 7,337 THE RESISTANCE MUSE

NEW 11 7,195 ROKSTARR TAIO CRUZ

4 12 7,190 REUNITED CLIFF RICHARD & THE SHADOWS

31 13 6,780 SUNNY SIDE UP PAOLO NUTINI

18 14 6,779 WEST RYDER PAUPER LUNATIC ASYL KASABIAN

12 15 6,292 ONLY BY THE NIGHT KINGS OF LEON

8 16 6,245 STILL SO FAR TO GO - THE BEST CHRIS REA

NEW 17 6,245 BAND OF BROTHERS ONLY MEN ALOUD

3 18 6,025 BRAND NEW EYES PARAMORE

42 19 5,577 GREATEST HITS ROBBIE WILLIAMS

10 20 5,538 THE VERY BEST OF ANDY WILLIAMS

Guest Danny86

Thank you!

Shakira won't even break 30k? I think even Mariah managed to sell that much last year and she didn't have a hit like "She-Wolf". :confused:

BLESS

yes indeed, and another post to add to your count of well over 25,000.

WELL DONE YOU SAD LOSER!!

I mean, just how many hours a day do you put into your bitching on here? How very productive! You clearly believe in your own superiority and coolness and yet, if you had such a thing as a life, you wouldn't be wasting so much of it on here.

Time to log off and face facts. On here you're Queen Bitch. In the REAL world you're just a queen, and most probably a sad, lonely pathetic one at that. A nobody trying to be a somebody.

Ugh...makes me wanna gaga