The Official UK Charts Thread

thebigham

Poor Sugababes... I really wanted them to get another #1 with this song. It all looked like they would finally make a proper comeback and then Jay-Z feat. Every cousin's aunt and her friend stole that #1!!

I kind of like the new Jay-Z/Rihanna song (thanx to Rihanna's parts offcourse) but i'm kinda sad for the Babes... they are my favorite girl-band and although they kind of lost it lately I still think they are good enough and this new single is catchy and hot.

Guest patrickovy

Isn't it the 70th anniversary of WWII? That might be why old Vera is about.

You're right. On 1st Sept 2009 were official international festivities in Gdansk, where WWII broke out.

Mimi looks to have pulled a "Celebration" in the UK, and dropped out of the top 75 after entering last week.

It was released as part of a Dance Compilation, and only the remix was released. Then it was mysteriously taken off. Apparently it will be officially released soon... :thumbsup:

Guest nikolakisgreece

What do u think guys ?

Sugababes can do it that week ? Can they claim number 1 position that week ?

What does ur evidence say ?

F********* Jay z ARGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG!

It was released as part of a Dance Compilation, and only the remix was released. Then it was mysteriously taken off. Apparently it will be officially released soon... :thumbsup:

There's no physical single release available on HMV.

Not even pre-order.

MOAIA yes, Obsessed no.

Yeah, a while ago on Haven they said it's unlikely that Mariah gets a physical single.

My god, that would be her LOWEST peak position for her lead single. :dramatic:

Vision of Love - #9

Emotions - #17

I'll Be There - #2

Dreamlover - #9

All I Want For Christmas Is You - #2

Fantasy - #4

Honey - #3

When You Believe - #4

Heartbreaker - #5

Loverboy - #12

Through The Rain - #8 :shock: TTR made it to #8?!

It's Like That - #4

Touch My Body - #5

Obsessed - #56 :dramatic:

In case anyone interested, her last few single performance on UK chart:

Touch My Body - #5

Bye Bye - #30

I'll Be Lovin' U Long Time - #84

Just Stand Up - #26

I Stay In Love - #95

Obsessed - #56

Now who says "Miles Away" is not a smash? :dramatic:

Lady Gaga is UK's Queen of downloads

According to BBC News, Lady Gaga's single "Poker Face" has officially become the most downloaded song on the UK Charts since the charts inception five years ago. The single has sold 779,000 in digital sales. Gaga's first UK release "Just Dance" is at the number 3 spot selling 700,000 in downloads. Lady Gaga responded to the news by stating that she is "Honored to be the songwriter and performer behind the number one and number three all-time most downloaded songs in history in the UK." What can we say; the states are not the only one's going gaga for Lady Gaga.

http://www.starpulse.com/news/index.php/2009/09/08/this_week_s_music_news_mtv_vma_s_lady_ga

The UK Radio 1 playlst has just been updated and Celebration has been moved upto their B List!!!!!

That is great news. Hope this helps build up a head of steam for the single release (finally) this Sunday and Monday.

Guest nikolakisgreece

Can we have the top 10 of midweeks ?

What about Mika , Sugababes ?

U think Pixie Lott will take the first place? God i hate all these lame number ones !

Get sexy should have been number 1 last week and Mika should be number 1 this week ! Just pffffffffffffff !!!